The annual Keith Bryant/ Tyler Byrd of those that got away.

Advertisement
Was it Ivan "the Terrible" McCartney? My favorite part of his career was that literally every off season he was rumored to be transferring back to Miami.

Also could have been Stedman Bailey, who became a baller playing with Geno Smith.

This maybe deserves another thread, but so funny to look back at 10 years later. I remember everyone being hyped that this was the best ever crop of receivers in South Florida, and I was in absolute shock that we whiffed on all of these guys:

Kadron Boone
McCartney
Chris Dunkley
Quinton Dunbar
Michaelee Harris
Josh Reese
Greg Dent
Ted Meline
DeJoshua Johnson
Darius Millinet

Meanwhile I thought Hurns was at best a possession guy.

TL;DR: this staff still absolutely ******* blows but it is fun looking at old 247 rankings.
Wow you nailed it lol I think Dunbar is still in the league as a CB. Unbelievable how bad they all were. Dunkley ended up falling out of uf and finished at UCF. He was the “prize” 😂 loved Hurns. He wanted to be a gator in the worst way. Went up to Friday night lights and kicked ***. He wasn’t mvp, because he was a 3 star and not a gator. If he wasn’t injured his senior season, we never would have had him.

Last edited:
I remember Kenny Ingram pulling the hat out of the bag and throwing it on the floor in 05, Then putting the FSU hat on

Advertisement

Attachments

• 57A7649E-5647-4BAC-BA91-822BC0389BCB.jpeg
    57A7649E-5647-4BAC-BA91-822BC0389BCB.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 4
  • F371931F-4EAC-4B1E-8F4D-41E62E5822E1.gif
    F371931F-4EAC-4B1E-8F4D-41E62E5822E1.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Matt patchan
Talk about jinxed college career the only thing he’s remembered for is missing a block on tebows blind side and he gets a concussion against Kentucky

Attachments

• 75613E2D-4AA8-4674-AAD9-463D77ADF55D.gif
    75613E2D-4AA8-4674-AAD9-463D77ADF55D.gif
    750.6 KB · Views: 0
Advertisement
His highlight reel said "Next Great UM Running Back"....

Also LeSean McCoy could be a good one. Was committed until Graig Cooper beat him out inexplicably at Prep school.
Noel is from my hometown...we played at same HS (North Ft Myers High)...same HS that Deion...Warren Williams...Kearse...etc...went to...If anything...Noel Would've been FSU bound...he lived with Deion for awhile, as Deion tried to keep his head straight...his grades were terrible...had lots of off field issues...

Noel is from my hometown...we played at same HS (North Ft Myers High)...same HS that Deion...Warren Williams...Kearse...etc...went to...If anything...Noel Would've been FSU bound...he lived with Deion for awhile, as Deion tried to keep his head straight...his grades were terrible...had lots of off field issues...

The Primetime and grades I did know about. Definitely not sure that he would have gotten in to Miami.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back