The annual Keith Bryant/ Tyler Byrd of those that got away.

Travonte Valentine
"Travonte Valentine, NT, LSU – Signed with LSU and was kicked off the team. Signed with Arizona Western, kicked off the team. Transferred to “Last Chance U” Mississippi Gulf Coast. Resigned with LSU and again, kicked off the team. "

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I firmly believe that Byrd would be a draft pick if he came here. Too talented and athletic. Too much film at that position to convince me he’s a jag. Those losers put him at receiver. He cost himself and his family millions. Dude should transfer back.

Advertisement
Early Shannon... who was the wide receiver that went to West Virginia? I think it started with an S?

Was it Ivan "the Terrible" McCartney? My favorite part of his career was that literally every off season he was rumored to be transferring back to Miami.

Also could have been Stedman Bailey, who became a baller playing with Geno Smith.

This maybe deserves another thread, but so funny to look back at 10 years later. I remember everyone being hyped that this was the best ever crop of receivers in South Florida, and I was in absolute shock that we whiffed on all of these guys:

Kadron Boone
McCartney
Chris Dunkley
Quinton Dunbar
Michaelee Harris
Josh Reese
Greg Dent
Ted Meline
DeJoshua Johnson
Darius Millinet

Meanwhile I thought Hurns was at best a possession guy.

TL;DR: this staff still absolutely ******* blows but it is fun looking at old 247 rankings.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Alex Collins
Jonathan Colon
Ivan McCartney
Snoop Minnis
Devonta Freeman
Whoopi McFarland
Antonio Bryant

I actually don't think this applies at all to this thread cuz I actually repect the way he went through the process, but remember the roller coaster ride we took on CIS when Jeudy took that last minute visit to UM?

He had me believing.

Advertisement
Back