The ACC must go nuclear

Advertisement
For argument sake, what if Florida State easily beats Florida and Louisville with Travis, but he was injured in the fourth quarter last night? Do you tell FSU “ Well, you looked great up until five minutes left last night. Sorry, but we’re going with Bama.” ?
Solid point. I definitely think seeing FSU’s offense without Travis the last two weeks influenced the decision. There’s always an “unknown” factor with a new quarterback. “Maybe he’s good? Maybe there won’t be a drop off?” But after watching QB2 and QB 3 play for the Noles, it’s pretty obvious neither of those guys gives them a chance.

Ohio State* got in the CFP with its 3rd string QB in 2014.

What happened today is nonsense.
That Ohio team showed dominance though they beat wisconsin like 60-0 in the big 10 title game FSU scraped by a sorry loserville team

By 2029 it’ll be a 16 team playoff.
Youre Good Robert Deniro GIF

I don't think FSU is a top 4 team but they were an undefeated conference championship. The ACC needs to show they are not just a Carolina conference or they risk the conference falling apart. The ACC must go full nuclear and in the public or else the ACC is done as a conference. This is going to be fun to watch.
Look, I'm not a FSU fan by anyway, but when you go undefeated and keep winning even with a third string QB, you deserved a National Title shot. If this was Miami, we all would be screaming at the top of lungs. I just put myself in their shoes.

Advertisement
Interesting point saw on Twitter

"How does the committee justify putting Bama in over FSU but then rank FSU over UGA? If losing Jordan Travis is that significant, then why isn’t it equally relevant with regard to UGA?"

Committee showing a clear inconsistency here

Any musings on Twitter on how tackling a QB inside their own endzone on two separate occasions or how a RB losing the ball after
he's clearly down (demonstrated on replay) is overlooked by a group of ("alleged") big-time officials?

You can’t support the subjective “best team” approach while also complaining about SEC SEC SEC bias. It’s baked into the cake.

Advertisement
Are you serious? You think FSU would lose to auburn, arkansas, a&m or usf without Travis? Cause bama almost did, to all 4. Jesus they got a garbage td at the end against usf and still only won by 14.

They are not and have not been one of the best 4 teams all year.
The narrative here is that bama has gotten better as season continued FSU has gotten worse. Not to mention THEY ARE THE ONLY TEAM TO BEAT UGA IN 30 GAMES!!

I don't think FSU is a top 4 team but they were an undefeated conference championship. The ACC needs to show they are not just a Carolina conference or they risk the conference falling apart. The ACC must go full nuclear and in the public or else the ACC is done as a conference. This is going to be fun to watch.

Bruh if FSU had a QB and didn’t look like dog **** they’d be in. It’s literally listed as a consideration factor (injuries). Blame Norvells recruiting.

IMG_1958.jpeg

Advertisement
That's weird. I remember ACC teams winning Nattys in 2014, 2016, 2018. Maybe my memory is bad. The committee must have selected some SEC teams those years.

You're not wrong. My point is right now in 2023 despite the ACC's demonstrable on field success in the last decade, the CFB world views it as no better than a G5 conference. We're fast approaching a world where it's SEC/B10 or stay home IMO. The ACC is a currently a sinking ship and we need to get off.

This came down to two things..

1) do we leave out an undefeated P5 champion for the first time or
2) do we leave the almighty SEC. SEC. SEC out of the CFP for the first time

Well we all should have known how that question was going to be answered and if you say you’re surprised at the answer you haven’t been paying attention to what’s been going on in CFB when it comes to the almighty SEC SEC SEC ….
Is the credit the SEC is getting been earned? Jfc people y'all acting like the **** came from nowhere peep this cfb stats last 15 yrs. I'm excited bc I see us headed in the direction of these 4 teams that ARE in . **** fsu

Advertisement
Makes you wonder if the ACC giving FSU an easy conference slate has came back to bite them. No UNC, Nc state or Louisville. UF being DOG**** didn’t help them either, I feel if Rodemaker was able to go last night and FSU put up soemehwre in the mid 20s to low 30s this convo wouldn’t be happening

(Also FWIW we ended up playing 6 of the top 7 teams in the ACC this year with 3 on the road )

Advertisement
Back