The []_[] Ranked 9th in CBS preseason poll. SIAP

Advertisement
This is a good omen for the preseason poll that counts.

Which I can’t remember, is it the AP or Coaches that comes out first, with the other one not coming out until later in the season? My mind just went blank. Must be getting old.

But anyway, it’s very good to be ranked higher, especially the higher you go in the top 15 in the preseason. @Cane Dynasty brought up an excellent point - not that you ever want to lose a game, but it just might give you the cushion to lose one.

I foresee us staying in the Top 10 as long as our oft sputtering offense makes enough explosive plays every game.

Advertisement
This is a good omen for the preseason poll that counts.

Which I can’t remember, is it the AP or Coaches that comes out first, with the other one not coming out until later in the season? My mind just went blank. Must be getting old.

But anyway, it’s very good to be ranked higher, especially the higher you go in the top 15 in the preseason. @Cane Dynasty brought up an excellent point - not that you ever want to lose a game, but it just might give you the cushion to lose one.
I just posted the same thing in another thread - the higher the preseason ranking, the more benefit of the doubt you get after a loss.

To me, there is no difference between preseason 5 and 9. We are still top 10, with a nationally televised LSU matchup to start the season. If we can beat LSU then take care of business until the FSU game, we will have cemented ourselves in that top 10-15 range for the rest of the season (barring meltdown). That leads to more nationally televised games, better time slots, etc.

I just took a glance at our schedule. @ Toledo on 9/15 is no cake walk. @ Virginia can be pesky on 10/13. A bye week before @ B.C. on 10/26 is nice. @ Gt on 11/10 and @ VT on 11/17 will likely determine our season, as usual.

Advertisement
Back