The []_[] on ice!

Sorry in advance if this is in the wrong spot, but I couldn't find the appropriate board so I went with it.

View attachment 42535

I'm trying to gather up some fans to go show support for the young men wearing the []_[] on the ice this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in the playoffs and championship game. The rink is located in Wesley Chapel. I will be there Friday night, hope to see you there! Go Canes!

It's a top-notch facility not too far from my house. It is right off of I 75 and Highway 56

Advertisement
Advertisement
does any team in hockey have diversity? Other than having some Canadian players, some Scandinavian players and some white American players?

But do they wear green jerseys ?

Yes they do have green jerseys. They also had this really bad *** camouflage uniform to honor veterans.

10354936_944223822277924_5303712894978417331_n.png.jpg10417654_943137685719871_5015110481514305397_n.jpg

Last edited:
A lot of Southern schools have club teams. Tulane beat LSU last night 7-2.

52aa85475d787.image.jpg

But, for whatever reason, the only (I think) Southern school with a real (non-club) team is Alabama-Hunstville

20141220-Omaha-UAH-01-MBishop.jpg

Advertisement
I roll w hockey. Don't know y most ppl don't. Go to a live game and it's better than any live sporting event I've been to, and remember, this is a black guy saying this. Lol.

Hey, we've got some great black guys playing hockey up here in Canada - you need to spread the word down there in the US too. One of my favourite's is Darnel Nurse (plays for the Oilers) - there's a great clip of him getting in a fight last year, and they have a camera that pans to his dad in the stands and you can just make out what he's yelling....."beat his a$s". Was awesome!!

They have had one for just a couple of years now. Here is a team picView attachment 42537

How long till someone complains of a lack of diversity on the team?

there is a lack of diversity on that team. I am sure they can find some Canadian/northern raised brothers and bad Hombres to try out.

Took ya long enough. Tighten up.
ur sarcasm meter broken?....tighten up!!

I roll w hockey. Don't know y most ppl don't. Go to a live game and it's better than any live sporting event I've been to, and remember, this is a black guy saying this. Lol.

Hey, we've got some great black guys playing hockey up here in Canada - you need to spread the word down there in the US too. One of my favourite's is Darnel Nurse (plays for the Oilers) - there's a great clip of him getting in a fight last year, and they have a camera that pans to his dad in the stands and you can just make out what he's yelling....."beat his a$s". Was awesome!!

Trust, I know who Mr Nurse is for the Edmonton Oilers. I'm a huge Blackhawks fan and I follow them as religiously as I do the Bears and Bulls. Hockey is a great sport. These guys don't get enough credit for the toughness and athletic abilities it takes to play the sport. I'm in awe at what those guys can do.

Advertisement

Trust, I know who Mr Nurse is for the Edmonton Oilers. I'm a huge Blackhawks fan and I follow them as religiously as I do the Bears and Bulls. Hockey is a great sport. These guys don't get enough credit for the toughness and athletic abilities it takes to play the sport. I'm in awe at what those guys can do.

A chicago guy.......awesome. Love that city. Took my boys to Wrigley last summer and they loved it.

Mike Wilbon was always giving hockey players the credit they deserve with his "they've got the BIGGEST ONIONS around" comments he'd always make. There's a certain culture around hockey here in Canada where playing soft isn't acceptable - also playing with the Barry Sanders style of celebration is the ideal approach and "most" play that way.

That's why I love football so much too. There's a passion and all out effort that's required for success. I think that's why I've always loved the Canes and south florida football so much too - while some see the "bad guys" that they're portrayed as and everyone loves hate, I've always seen the guys that will lay it all on the line and put everything you possibly can into the game. Love that passion for the game, toughness and effort. People focus too much on the on field antics and miss the heart of the Miami guys - that's why not only were there so many 1st rounders, but they became stars in the NFL at an astounding rate (way above the average 1st rounders % I'd guess).

They have had one for just a couple of years now. Here is a team picView attachment 42537

there is a lack of diversity on that team. I am sure they can find some Canadian/northern raised brothers and bad Hombres to try out.

Cmon now tre... I know u were being sarcastic! I was playing along!

A chicago guy.......awesome. Love that city. Took my boys to Wrigley last summer and they loved it.

Mike Wilbon was always giving hockey players the credit they deserve with his "they've got the BIGGEST ONIONS around" comments he'd always make. There's a certain culture around hockey here in Canada where playing soft isn't acceptable - also playing with the Barry Sanders style of celebration is the ideal approach and "most" play that way.

That's why I love football so much too. There's a passion and all out effort that's required for success. I think that's why I've always loved the Canes and south florida football so much too - while some see the "bad guys" that they're portrayed as and everyone loves hate, I've always seen the guys that will lay it all on the line and put everything you possibly can into the game. Love that passion for the game, toughness and effort. People focus too much on the on field antics and miss the heart of the Miami guys - that's why not only were there so many 1st rounders, but they became stars in the NFL at an astounding rate (way above the average 1st rounders % I'd guess).

Absolutely agree!

Advertisement

Guess my meter broken too....my bad bruh. I guess I am just a Bad Hombre

Guess my meter broken too....my bad bruh. I guess I am just a Bad Hombre

Absolutely deplorable

You know all heck breaks loose if Ice Hockey is the first Miami team to win a championship in 15 years

The hockey club is actually the most recent national champion at the school. I was the co-captain of the team that won the division II roller hockey national championship in 2011. That success convinced the school to fund the ice hockey team as it exists today.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back