The 5-7 Excuse

Peruche

Sophomore
Premium
Why is it that some members on this board are saying last years 5-7 record is effecting this years 2024 recruiting class?

Did 5-7 effect last years class? Our #7 ranked 2023 recruiting class was being built at the same time that our Canes football team was yielding a 5-7 season.

This question is about 5-7 effecting the 2024 recruiting class. Please keep NIL money out of this discussion, because insiders have already said money isn't an issue.

Signed,

Peruche

1691341352433.gif

Advertisement
To give a halfway serious answer for some reason;

The 5-7 by itself was pretty bad, but it was the way some of those 7 went, where we occasionally put forth less offense/defense than the French military and waiting months too long to fire Gattis certainly didn't help with offensive recruiting

Advertisement
5-7 didn’t affect the ‘23 class much imo because they were already being recruited and sold on the vision that they were a foundational class. They were the first full group of guys that would right the ship and pave the way for future stars. Without mentioning our NIL as it pertains to this year, we were ahead of the curve and more organized last year (and again without discussing ours, think changes to other programs for this year, like UF, Auburn, FSU, etc.)

That doesn’t work for ‘24. ‘24 probably wants results on the field and for Miami to prove that they’re not all talk, which we’ve been for 20 years. There’s less immediate PT to sell as well.

Honestly I’m not sure an 8-4 season even gets this class into a Top 8 range. I think it’s more important for the ‘25 class than anything.

Obviously something extreme like a 10-win season would have immediate effects on ‘24, even a 9-3 regular season and a bowl win.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If you don't think the 5-7 season doesn't effect recruiting then I'll answer you this way. You have your opinion and I have mine. A few of those losses were absolutely inexcuseable. That season and losses is what other schools focus on along with other things too. So are you telling me if we go 5-7 this year it will have no effect on recruiting for the following year? The other schools that are recruiting against us are certainly mentioning our wonderful 5-7 record. That is a no brainer and I disagree with you 100%.

Why is it that some members on this board are saying last years 5-7 record is effecting this years 2024 recruiting class?

Did 5-7 effect last years class? Our #7 ranked 2023 recruiting class was being built at the same time that our Canes football team was yielding a 5-7 season.

This question is about 5-7 effecting the 2024 recruiting class. Please keep NIL money out of this discussion, because insiders have already said money isn't an issue.

Signed,

Peruche

View attachment 249693
🤷🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
Advertisement
Cristobal has taken some heat from sme of your currently, but the fact that he was able to keep that last years recruiting class together is a real honest to goodness feather in his cap.

Advertisement
Back