The 2019 HS recruiting class

I punished myself by going through this exercise earlier this year while we were ****ting ourselves o the field

It’s tough to pick a “worst” but I have the edge with 2019

Sad times my man sad times
I remember we were all pumped including myself coming off a 10 win season in 2017 and with the 2018 class coming in. Fast forward and we had a 6 win season in 2019, 7 wins in 2021, and frickin 5 wins in 2022.

Advertisement
What is the opposite of “stacking chips?” Lol
Hungry Snacks GIF by Awkwafina

I remember we were all pumped including myself coming off a 10 win season in 2017 and with the 2018 class coming in. Fast forward and we had a 6 win season in 2019, 7 wins in 2021, and frickin 5 wins in 2022.
I see people trying to pinpoint the problems and it’s just like man….EVERYTHING has been the problem

You don’t pull that off just by messing one or two things up

He gets a lot of hate here, but Zion will be drafted. Not near the first round but he's still on draft boards and graded out as a 3rd/4th rounder.

Half this board wants him benched, but any NFL analyst has him over Lee and Cohen who would both be in the NFL right now and not here if they were getting 3/4 round grades.

Advertisement
Evals were definitely horrendous looking at the lack of athleticism we see from those years. But coaching, culture and the players' own lack of commitment ruined a few who could have been good. The kids who didn't commit to Manny were much better off than those who did. Mario truly inherited a cesspool, and didn't do himself any favors with some of his coaching hires, starting with Gattass.

2018 say hold my beer. GR15, Mallory, Cam Harris, and Jordan were the only bright spots. Only had Rousseau for a year, Jordan, couldn't stay healthy, Harris was banged up in 2021, Mallory was left a lot of plays on the field.
Well just based on the people you named, 2018 > 2019

Well just based on the people you named, 2018 > 2019
Yeah he’s got a good point though too about guys like Jordan and GR15 we only really got to see glimpses while they were here

But still yeah 2019 is an abomination

Advertisement
Well 2019 had Hedley, Zion, Osborn, Phillips. JHH and Harvey aren't too bad. Bolden showed flashes too.

Last time I checked 7 people is better than 4.
Transfers changes things quite a bit yeah that’s fair

Advertisement
Yea if we are talking high school classes alone then I need to check it again. The transfers for the 2019 class obviously were the difference.
This was related to just HS. Transfers are yearly and obviously important. But those aren’t true evaluations. Manny didn’t find some hidden gems by getting an NFL WR in KJ or the former #1 overall recruit.

Transfers are great, but the meat of the class is HS, and there’s never been a worse one at UM than 19’

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back