The '18 South Florida DB class (revisited)

Advertisement
And still ended up getting drafted in the 2nd rd....
EARLY 2nd round too. 33rd overall..He was **** near a 1st round pick if we want to get technical. Crazy because I saw nothing that warranted that in his 3 years. That said, when you are 6'3 190lbs and have legit sprinters speed..some NFL CB coach is going to tell management they can be the one to turn him into a stud. Hes basically the CB version of Greg Rousseau. A freakish specimen that you would think could put it all together at the next level with the right coaching.

EARLY 2nd round too. 33rd overall..He was **** near a 1st round pick if we want to get
EARLY 2nd round too. 33rd overall..He was **** near a 1st round pick if we want to get technical. Crazy because I saw nothing that warranted that in his 3 years. That said, when you are 6'3 190lbs and have legit sprinters speed..some NFL CB coach is going to tell management they can be the one to turn him into a stud. Hes basically the CB version of Greg Rousseau. A freakish specimen that you would think could put it all together at the next level with the right coaching.

technical. Crazy because I saw nothing that warranted that in his 3 years. That said, when you are 6'3 190lbs and have legit sprinters speed..some NFL CB coach is going to tell management they can be the one to turn him into a stud. Hes basically the CB version of Greg Rousseau. A freakish specimen that you would think could put it all together at the next level with the right coaching.
Rousseau had 15 sacks in one season while TC had 1 career INT.

Advertisement
Rousseau had 15 sacks in one season while TC had 1 career INT.
Ive always thought Tyson was a better player than Surtain at cb.

It worked out in the end for him as he still ended up being a high pick as he has the prerequisite measurables and speed....kinda wish we had a chance to develop him at UM.

Campbell has alot of untapped talent there, just like GR who isnt close to his peak as a player.

Shows that UGA isnt really all its cracked up to be...technique wise my man probably got just as good coaching at American Heritage.

Ive always thought Tyson was a better player than Surtain at cb.

It worked out in the end for him as he still ended up being a high pick as he has the prerequisite measurables and speed....kinda wish we had a chance to develop him at UM.

Campbell has alot of untapped talent there, just like GR who isnt close to his peak as a player.

Shows that UGA isnt really all its cracked up to be...technique wise my man probably got just as good coaching at American Heritage.

It seems they are going to start Campbell off in the slot working as a nickel - provided the secondary is healthy. Griffin, Henderson, Tre Herndon outside...Campbell on the inside (with probably Sidney Jones) for now.

TIM WALTON will be coaching him.

It seems they are going to start Campbell off in the slot working as a nickel - provided the secondary is healthy. Griffin, Henderson, Tre Herndon outside...Campbell on the inside (with probably Sidney Jones) for now.

TIM WALTON will be coaching him.
Henderson is toast. he might not play football at all this year.

Campbell is gonna end up starting games if he stays healthy

Advertisement
Henderson is toast. he might not play football at all this year.

Campbell is gonna end up starting games if he stays healthy
As is, he'll likely be a guy that plays in the realm of 50% of the snaps with his role as a nickel and when they put him outside.

Not sure how Henderson's groin is coming along...those injuries can really linger...he had flashes last year where he looked really good...won't hate. He also looked like a rookie at times and got picked on a ton. With that said, it was a bad pick at 9 the year prior and K'Lavon Chaisson (who had a few flashes here n there in limited time) is going to be more of a backup behind Josh Allen...might just be a bad draft for Jacksonville...as per the usual...we'll see.

So we have the best corner in the game (Surtain), two very good, young NFL corners (Campbell, Samuel), Josh Jobe (who made and played for the Eagles), two Day 3 picks (Wildgoose and Ivey) and a ton of P5 and FBS starters.

I would say the corner class lived up to the hype. Safety was a disappointment.

So we have the best corner in the game (Surtain), two very good, young NFL corners (Campbell, Samuel), Josh Jobe (who made and played for the Eagles), two Day 3 picks (Wildgoose and Ivey) and a ton of P5 and FBS starters.

I would say the corner class lived up to the hype. Safety was a disappointment.
Tyson Campbell is a Top 5 corner in the game right now. no cap.

Advertisement
Hold on...

Didn't this board clown on Tyson Campbell for years?
I thought he was trash?
Mr Rogers Clown GIF

Advertisement
Hold on...

Didn't this board clown on Tyson Campbell for years?
I thought he was trash?

Some idiots, I'm sure. But anyone who watched Surtain and Campbell coming out knew those two were special. . I personally liked to clown on Jobe, he was kind of a tool during the recruitment process. But Surtain and Campbell did nothing objectionable other than not picking Miami.

Last edited:
We literally whiffed on everyone, including our signees.
Tyson Campbell is a Top 5 corner in the game right now. no cap.
I always said Tyson was gonna be a stud in the league. Personally thought he was better than Surtain coming out of American Heritage. Both are Top5 CBs in Dade-Broward history IMO. Only Patrick Peterson and Antrel Rolle are over them IMO.

That entire 18 class at DB was legendary to bad we only landed Blades out of all the top guys and yes Jobe was an absolute tool during his recruitment…

Advertisement
Back