4. Dorsey (Los Angeles, California): 13 Players
5. De La Salle (Concord, California): 12 Players
6. Blanche Ely (Pompano Beach, Florida): 12 Players
7. Glades Central (Belle Glade, Florida): 11 Players
8. Carter (Dallas, Texas): 11 Players
9. Dillard (Fort Lauderdale, Florida): 10 Players
10. Glenville (Cleveland, Ohio): 9 Players

5 of the top 10 are in South Florida, thats just insane. :eekeyes:

http://elitedaily.com/sports/10-high-schools-produce-nfl-players-america/608500/

Advertisement
1. St. Thomas Aquinas (Fort Lauderale, Florida): 17 Players
2. Long Beach Poly (Long Beach, California): 16 Players
3. Northwestern (Miami, Florida): 15 Players

http://elitedaily.com/sports/10-high-schools-produce-nfl-players-america/608500/

And ONE is in Miami. :noidea:

Two observations:
1. Only one Texas school in the top ten? That says a lot!
2. Ely? Really? That kind of surprises me.

Two observations:
2. Ely? Really? That kind of surprises me.

the 5 from florida- 3 from cali and 1 from texas actually makes sense to me- it seems that it kinda breaks down like that amongst the great players.

Two observations:

MUCH stricter transfer rules, enforced no-pass/no-play rule, and no private schools being allowed plays a significant role in a list like this.

STA - private, regional all-star team
LBP - magnet
MNW - legit, but transfers galore
Dorsey - ?
DLS - private
Ely - legit
GC - insane, by far most impressive name on the list, but seems to be drying up lately?
Carter - Dallas Skyline will be on this list in 5-10 years as they get most of Carter's old kids while Carter dies
Dillard - legit, but again, seems to be drying up some lately
Glenville - transfers galore

I'd look for Desoto (TX) and Miami BTW to be on this list in short order.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Most of these teams are living off past successes. Dillard won't be on that list in 3-5 years. Neither will Ely. But they had impressive runs. One thing u will also find is most of the players were on the defensive side of the ball for both school. Very few guys on offense made it out. Esp Ely.

I predict St Thomas will more often then not be #1 on that list.

I think we probably got the best ever to play at Carter. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, Jesse Armstead was a man among boys. Perhaps the best player in the country his senior year.

Where was that sprinter from, that DB who came to run track but never played football? Was he from Glenville? I can't remember his name.

Advertisement
St.Thomas will always be near the top of the list. With the talent that goes to STA each year they'll just keep churning kids out of there year in and year out. Been to a few STA games and out of the sports they have football is way above them all saying as they have a Varsity squad, JV and a freshman squad AKA for those who can't make Varsity or JV.

I believe Norland has the most players currently in the NFL, with two more likely coming next year.

Advertisement
I think we probably got the best ever to play at Carter. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, Jesse Armstead was a man among boys. Perhaps the best player in the country his senior year.

Probably the least talked about in the history of our program, but one of the best. Take away that bad injury and he is doing more harm. One of my favorites of all time.

Probably the least talked about in the history of our program, but one of the best. Take away that bad injury and he is doing more harm. One of my favorites of all time.

He was a HUGE recruit back in the day and played as a true freshman. The injury set him back significantly, but he had a very good senior year.

Advertisement

He was a HUGE recruit back in the day and played as a true freshman. The injury set him back significantly, but he had a very goJust od senior year.

Just to clarify: the best HS player his senior year, and a very good HS class that was.

Advertisement
Back