The “vicious cycle” and how to end it.

You guys mention Butch, but in reality we got lucky with Butch. Butch has the same profile as the Shannons, Cokers, Diaz's etc...he was a cheap, internal hire...Butch just panned out bc he hired the right coordinators and had a great eye for talent

More then luck, it was the JJ lineage they banked correctly on. The struggles he went through understandable as the cup was bare. The coaches who followed do not have an excuse.

Advertisement
Idiots merely look at W/L as opposed to diving deep and looking at how we got the W or the L. If this was a situation where we lost to Clemson in the ACCCG to the tune of 24-17, I'd be thrilled with our potential. Getting a W against Central Michigan where CMU looked like the better team for large portions of the game and we squeaked out a 17-12 victory, lets me know this isn't a good team at all.

I see your point, but just like coach Diaz stated after the game, "There are things that need to be fixed, but I rather fix them after a win than a loss".

Signed,

Peruche

I see your point, but just like coach Diaz stated after the game, "There are things that need to be fixed, but I rather fix them after a win than a loss".

Signed,

Peruche

Well, they had a bye after the UF game and looked worst going against UNC. I fear what this team looks like on October 5th against VT. Because in their small sample size, it seems like they can't make adjustments or make a solid game plan to start off a game given our slow starts. The fact that we got outplayed by CMU at home shows that we're a poorly coached team.

Butch was hired by an athletic department that had a string of good hires. There’s a skill to finding the right person to fill a role, and it’s unfair to say he “just panned out.”
True, I'm not trying to take credit from Butch, I like Butch, but the point is that Butch also had the same cards stacked against him. Based on his intangibles, he was able to make lemonade out of lemons...Golden, Shannon, etc weren't

Advertisement
It’s on the administration. Manny should have never been allowed to give Patke control of ST. I want people in charge that will hold coaches accountable and ask the right questions.

“Who in their right minds let’s a glorified GA with no experience Coach 1/3 of the game?”

“Why are you letting a WR coach from a school that doesn’t throw on your staff?”

“Why do you need three coaches in the secondary?”

Those are just a few that he should be asked and should have

people have to buy manny's vision , lets see if they are or if its another recruiting in a vacuum game to game scenario..

True, I'm not trying to take credit from Butch, I like Butch, but the point is that Butch also had the same cards stacked against him. Based on his intangibles, he was able to make lemonade out of lemons...Golden, Shannon, etc weren't
It’s not butch I was intending to give to, but the athletic directors who hired those coaches

Advertisement
Butch was hired by an athletic department that had a string of good hires. There’s a skill to finding the right person to fill a role, and it’s unfair to say he “just panned out.”

Paul Dee hired Butch, remember? He also hired Coker and Shannon...

More then luck, it was the JJ lineage they banked correctly on. The struggles he went through understandable as the cup was bare. The coaches who followed do not have an excuse.
Do you mean, "the cupboard was bare" did you mean "seasons" in your original post?

Here is reality for yall.

We are a mid tier program. You all expect us to go out there and dominate the ****** ACC coastal like 2001 Miami would have but we arent that anymore.

You need to lower your expectations, or stop following the program for your own sanity.

I literally promise everyone on this board Miami will never consistently dominate like we used to EVER again.

Be happy with the occasional 2017-esque season where we look pretty good one time a year and maybe get 10 wins, but besides that expect to be a 2nd or 3rd place team in the ACC coastal year in and year out.

We're a UNC/UVA type football program and nothing more.

Our seasons are now basically just about beating FSU. Thats the maximum we will ever get.

Ya hate to see it, especially considering im 23 years old and I have never seen what a dominate Miami football team looks like and probably never will for as long as I live.

Atleast most of you here got to experience the glory years. I'll always only have stories of what once was.

:(

Here is reality for yall.

We are a mid tier program. You all expect us to go out there and dominate the ****** ACC coastal like 2001 Miami would have but we arent that anymore.

You need to lower your expectations, or stop following the program for your own sanity.

I literally promise everyone on this board Miami will never consistently dominate like we used to EVER again.

Be happy with the occasional 2017-esque season where we look pretty good one time a year and maybe get 10 wins, but besides that expect to be a 2nd or 3rd place team in the ACC coastal year in and year out.

We're a UNC/UVA type football program and nothing more.

Our seasons are now basically just about beating FSU. Thats the maximum we will ever get.

Ya hate to see it, especially considering im 23 years old and I have never seen what a dominate Miami football team looks like and probably never will for as long as I live.

Atleast most of you here got to experience the glory years. I'll always only have stories of what once was.

:(

You are not incorrect. Some expect us to be Miami of old when it reality we are closer to becoming SMU.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back