The “vicious cycle” and how to end it.

troycbullock

Redshirt Freshman
It started when Butch left. Bad coaching leads to bad loses. Bad loses leads to bad sessions. Bad sessions leads to mediocre recruiting. Mediocre recruiting reinforces poor play and bad sessions which effect recruiting, thus the vicious cycle. Good coaching would have ended this cycle long ago. Richt was the 1st positive choice, but to his own admission, he should have taken time off. I am not saying Manny is a bad choice, but he settled on mediocre assistants. We need proven coaches to teach our kids how to play championship level ball. They have to demand excellence and recruit players regardless of stars who fit that mold.

Advertisement
He can adjust & bring in new coaches. Sometimes only way you learn is by realizing your method isn’t/can’t work

It’s too late bro it’s over, five bad hires in row buried us the U is dead fam
So why haven't you left yet? Your schtick is annoying as f*ck and you bring absolutely nothing of value besides your incessant rants about how the program is dead. If it's truly dead in your eyes than go support another program because no one will miss you.

So why haven't you left yet? Your schtick is annoying as f*ck and you bring absolutely nothing of value besides your incessant rants about how the program is dead. If it's truly dead in your eyes than go support another program because no one will miss you.
Because this is my team I care so if I’m upset isn’t that what the board is for.? I mean there are more posters going ham then me I’m actually mad chill right now cause I expected this, I prepared my dying heart for this. I do believe it’s dead but if someone dies close to me does that mean I stop loving them?

Advertisement
Question as well if u choose to answer......do you think Miami hired the right man for us to win a national title and win on the trail again?

Edit: not again I meant in terms of on the trail cause we never done well there only in 08 when the recruiting sites were caveman status

I've said it for a while now, it's out of our control, and a solid occasional season isn't going to fix it.

The new NCAA football is about who has the most money and is willing to circumvent the rules.

We are Vanderbilt now. It sucks, but it's true. UM doesn't want to claim its rightful spot in the echelon of college football like the fans do....they are not willing to do what it takes out of guilt, fear, etc.

We would have to catch lightning in a bottle now to be a top contender for ONE year, much less consistently

It started when Butch left. Bad coaching leads to bad loses. Bad loses leads to bad sessions. Bad sessions leads to mediocre recruiting. Mediocre recruiting reinforces poor play and bad sessions which effect recruiting, thus the vicious cycle. Good coaching would have ended this cycle long ago. Richt was the 1st positive choice, but to his own admission, he should have taken time off. I am not saying Manny is a bad choice, but he settled on mediocre assistants. We need proven coaches to teach our kids how to play championship level ball. They have to demand excellence and recruit players regardless of stars who fit that mold.
You guys mention Butch, but in reality we got lucky with Butch. Butch has the same profile as the Shannons, Cokers, Diaz's etc...he was a cheap, internal hire...Butch just panned out bc he hired the right coordinators and had a great eye for talent

Funny a guy from Austin is talking about being a UM fan.

Advertisement
You guys mention Butch, but in reality we got lucky with Butch. Butch has the same profile as the Shannons, Cokers, Diaz's etc...he was a cheap, internal hire...Butch just panned out bc he hired the right coordinators and had a great eye for talent
Butch was hired by an athletic department that had a string of good hires. There’s a skill to finding the right person to fill a role, and it’s unfair to say he “just panned out.”

am i the only one that they thinks its weird that the OP kept on typing sessions instead of seasons? If it happened once, i'd chalk it up to auto correct, but all those misuses makes me think OP truly thinks we are playing the 2019 College Football session right now.

Advertisement

Uhh no he didn’t.

Dude was the defensive coordinator for a Super Bowl champion before being hired by Miami.

Wtf are you talking about?

The way out of it is being an amazing talent evaluator and having coaches that can actually develop. Tyre Brady goes to Marshall and balls, but did nothing here. Arthur Brown was a disaster here but went to Kansas St and became a stud again. Cager last night looked phenomenal but his entire career at Miami was 5 yard fades or dropped balls.

Read any one of Dmoney’s posts on all the underrated sofla kids throughout the country ballin that we never offered or slow played. Love Deejay as a “leader” and would be a great #2 change of pace/swiss army back but imagine how much better this rushing attack would be with Zack Moss.

If were never going to be able to out recruit teams like UGA, Clemson, Bama, etc again then we need to hit on the evaluations even more. The only hope I have more Manny is that he hits on the under the radar guys we have committed now. If guys like height, flagg, austin-cave, quentin williams, clarke, restrepo, hodges, etc. hit then you have a shot to build a team. If they all turn out to be Hillery, Dykstra, Derrick Smith, Zach Mccloud, Dee Wiggins, etc. then we will stay in the same never ending cycle.

I've said it for a while now, it's out of our control, and a solid occasional season isn't going to fix it.

The new NCAA football is about who has the most money and is willing to circumvent the rules.

We are Vanderbilt now. It sucks, but it's true. UM doesn't want to claim its rightful spot in the echelon of college football like the fans do....they are not willing to do what it takes out of guilt, fear, etc.

We would have to catch lightning in a bottle now to be a top contender for ONE year, much less consistently

To your point, a team like Wisconsin spends lots of money on football. There location is loaded with the best athletes that rivals top areas like SFla, Texas and Cal. Point is, they have done well with recruiting kids that fit their “system”. They get the best of what they produce and add castaways from other areas and coach them up. It’s about evaluation and coaching. That is what we have lacked. That has been the X Factor. Once again, I am not sure that Manny isn’t the right guy but his staff is not cutting it.

Advertisement

Dude.. you're right on and take a rap here... 5 bad hires and the best players you should have lining up are being paid and playing for Alabama and Georgia. This team is dead and this fanbase is going full psycho with the realization we suck and just making excuses...

It's just about there. I'd give Manny the benefit of the doubt if he realizes it's not working with the OC and DC he hand picked himself. Having said that, I have a feeling he's going to fall into the same stubborn patterns that his predecessors did and stand pat with what he has. The only way we dig ourselves out of this hole is with a brand new AD. Because I don't trust Blake James with the next HC hire, and if Manny fails miserably here, Blake should be on the chopping block as well. But we know that's not going to happen because the administration is happy with Blake James.

Question as well if u choose to answer......do you think Miami hired the right man for us to win a national title and win on the trail again?

Edit: not again I meant in terms of on the trail cause we never done well there only in 08 when the recruiting sites were caveman status

No. Manny was a lazy, panicked hire.

****, I guess the negative nellys in this thread forgot that the U put up a W yesterday. Absolutely an ugly W, but I rather put up an ugly W than a L.

Signed,

Peruche

Idiots merely look at W/L as opposed to diving deep and looking at how we got the W or the L. If this was a situation where we lost to Clemson in the ACCCG to the tune of 24-17, I'd be thrilled with our potential. Getting a W against Central Michigan where CMU looked like the better team for large portions of the game and we squeaked out a 17-12 victory, lets me know this isn't a good team at all.

Advertisement
Back