1669139873070.png

Advertisement
Got a recipe link?
Nope, just handed down.

1 lb sausage
about 1/2 cup chopped onion (to taste)
about 1/2 cup chopped celery (to taste)
2 eggs
1 to 2 loaves of bread. I use about half a loaf of Jimmy John's bread ripped into little pieces.
Chicken broth

Brown and drain sausage. Mix ingredients together and add chicken broth until moist and holds together in little balls. Put the balls in muffin tin and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes until desired crispness.

Nope, just handed down.

1 lb sausage
about 1/2 cup chopped onion (to taste)
about 1/2 cup chopped celery (to taste)
2 eggs
1 to 2 loaves of bread. I use about half a loaf of Jimmy John's bread ripped into little pieces.
Chicken broth

Brown and drain sausage. Mix ingredients together and add chicken broth until moist and holds together in little balls. Put the balls in muffin tin and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes until desired crispness.
Thank you sir!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Gonna try to deep fry a turkey this year to supplement a baked one for a large group. Never even cooked a whole turkey before.. anyone got advice or go to recipes? Should I brine it? @SWFLHurricane what's the go to traditional turkey brine mix?

Gonna try to deep fry a turkey this year to supplement a baked one for a large group. Never even cooked a whole turkey before.. anyone got advice or go to recipes? Should I brine it? @SWFLHurricane what's the go to traditional turkey brine mix?
dry brine and get it underneath the skin (take the time to really separate the skin from the meat before adding the brine).

also, if you are deep frying a turkey for the first time, watch a few youtube videos on the do's and don'ts -- it is very dangerous if not done properly.

my dry brine is typically almost paste-like. i blend:
-3 tablespoons of powdered chicken boullion
-1 tablespoon of raw sugar
-1.5 teaspoons fresh cracked pepper
-2 tablespoons soy sauce
-1 shallot
-2 cloves garlic
-1 stem of fresh rosemary, picked
-1 stem of fresh sage, picked
-5 stems of fresh thyme, picked

dry brine and get it underneath the skin (take the time to really separate the skin from the meat before adding the brine).

also, if you are deep frying a turkey for the first time, watch a few youtube videos on the do's and don'ts -- it is very dangerous if not done properly.

my dry brine is typically almost paste-like. i blend:
-3 tablespoons of powdered chicken boullion
-1 tablespoon of raw sugar
-1.5 teaspoons fresh cracked pepper
-2 tablespoons soy sauce
-1 shallot
-2 cloves garlic
-1 stem of fresh rosemary, picked
-1 stem of fresh sage, picked
-5 stems of fresh thyme, picked
Thanks for the recipe.. I'm def gonna be watching plenty of videos. I've already seen plenty of don'ts lol. I'll be avoiding oil fires make no mistake. 12 hours with your dry brine? or?

Advertisement
Thanks for the recipe.. I'm def gonna be watching plenty of videos. I've already seen plenty of don'ts lol. I'll be avoiding oil fires make no mistake. 12 hours with your dry brine? or?
Ideally 48 hours — Turkey is a big bird and needs time. And make sure there is plenty of room for air to circulate. After 48 hours the skin may look and feel a bit taut but that is what you want.

Turn off the flame when you put the bird in the oil. Your risk of fire drops dramatically without an open flame.

What temp are y'all pulling your turkey out of the oil? I'm reading that some people only cook to 155 f.. thoughts on that?

Advertisement
Back