Thanks Richt

But see..that's the deception & ploy, that fans routinely fall victim to. The administration wants you to believe that MIA is only a coach away from winning the games that it's suppose to, and eventually contending. They are fully aware that the proverbial nail in the coffin..occurs when the fans realize that not even an elite coach can save this program, which is actually the current reality. Not only will MIA never be able to attract a coach like Urban, but hypothetically speaking lets say he was the coach, not even a coach like that would be able to save this program. Because the university/administration would never be willing/capable of giving him the resources that he NEEDS to succeed. You gave the example of UNC, as a team MIA should resoundingly beat, but they're currently led by a national championship winning coach, and possess a far greater commitment towards winning from an administration level than MIA could ever dream of. This is how MIA fares against a middle of the road ACC team. You can imagine how stark the differences are against the elite teams.

ND wasn't able to accrue a $10 billion dollar endowment simply from their alumni, they also accomplished that by investing strategically. Despite netting 5 NCs, the university chose to divest & siphon funds away from the football program, and instead beg for $$ from a POS, ponzi schemer like Nevin Shapiro. This is the type of **** we're currently dealing with, and I don't think the fans truly understand. By 2030..MIA might F around and be a G5 team!

They are lead by a NC winning coach, who has had the game pass him up. Stick him on Texas again and he isn't winning the NC. We are a coach away from winning the coastal consistently. Making the next jump is where we may never be able to get again, but becoming a Wisconsin(winning your easy division year after year) is more than possible with the money we are spending on the program.

ND is a totally different animal. They are absolutely loaded. Top 15 richest universities. Miami is never going to reach that point. They have been a top school for close to 200 years. Miami has been a good school for a little over 10. They have catholic and irish fans all throughout the country. Football is not the path to gaining a great endowment. ND doesn't have a huge endowment because of their football team. Bamas endowment is still tiny. Look at how Stanfords endowment sky rocketed as the school got better and better academically. At this point Stanford is arguably the 3rd best school in the country.

If Miami became a G5 school, but became as good academically as say Duke, we would end up with more money than if we got back to winning NCs year after year.

Advertisement
This 100%. Miami simply is not a 'cool' place to go to school anymore if you're an elite football recruit. Our ascension through the academic ratings in the first 15 years of the 2000s ensured that. Blue chippers want large state schools (Bama, Clemson, Ohio State) with 100k seat stadiums, raging on-campus nightlife and to be the biggest celebrities within 100 miles of the school.

Aside of the rare local kid who feels indebted to their community, player development and getting the best possible coaching staff in place is the only way this program stays relevant the next 10 years. The infrastructure is not currently in place and the mistake every staff has made the past 15+ years is thinking that the best local kids want to play for Miami and winning will just take care of itself.

You think MIA being a middle of the road school academically is the reason why it's no longer a 'cool place'?? LMAO. Newsflash..many of the state schools that push MIA's **** in on the gridiron also obliterate it in academics as well. Delusional alumni who think MIA is the harvard of the south are a huge part of the problem btw. The fact is those blue chip players go to out of state schools, because they possess a far greater commitment to winning than MIA does. What blue chip player is going to go to a school that despite winning 5 NCs, chooses to divest & siphon funds away from the football program, so it can beg for $$ from a POS, ponzi schemer like Nevin Shapiro??

They are lead by a NC winning coach, who has had the game pass him up. Stick him on Texas again and he isn't winning the NC. We are a coach away from winning the coastal consistently. Making the next jump is where we may never be able to get again, but becoming a Wisconsin(winning your easy division year after year) is more than possible with the money we are spending on the program.

ND is a totally different animal. They are absolutely loaded. Top 15 richest universities. Miami is never going to reach that point. They have been a top school for close to 200 years. Miami has been a good school for a little over 10. They have catholic and irish fans all throughout the country. Football is not the path to gaining a great endowment. ND doesn't have a huge endowment because of their football team. Bamas endowment is still tiny. Look at how Stanfords endowment sky rocketed as the school got better and better academically. At this point Stanford is arguably the 3rd best school in the country.

If Miami became a G5 school, but became as good academically as say Duke, we would end up with more money than if we got back to winning NCs year after year.

He's still better than the Pastor..and that's a fact. Also..I never said/implied that ND accrued their endowment because of football. My pt was they know how to manage their finances effectively & invest strategically, MIA does not. Also..football does matter when it comes to academics & endowment. It provides tremendous brand exposure for the university and has a huge impact on admissions & enrollment. Look at how all of the elite football programs have improved academically in the last few yrs, compared to where they were. Bama is a state school-can't compare it to MIA. I know you're not delusional enough to think that MIA can one day become Duke or Stanford academically..right? LMAO. MIA will never be on par with those schools academically. Ever. So it can't try to to take a similar course of action that those schools have taken. It would be counter-productive to do so. Football will always play an integral role in the success of MIA as an institution, and that will never change. To become an elite football program in today's CFB landscape, a school has to be willing/capable of spending $60-$75 mil/yr..MIA currently is probably spending half that. Shalala improved the academics @ MIA, but let's not pretend like it reached an elite level. Since her retirement the academic standing has declined, so theres reason to believe the university may have peaked.

Last edited:
He's still better than the Pastor..and that's a fact. Also..I never said/implied that ND accrued their endowment because of football. My pt was they know how to manage their finances effectively & invest strategically, MIA does not. Also..football does matter when it comes to academics & endowment. It provides tremendous brand exposure for the university and has a huge impact on admissions & enrollment. Look at how all of the elite football programs have improved academically in the last few yrs, compared to where they were. Bama is a state school-can't compare it to MIA. I know you're not delusional enough to think that MIA can one day become Duke or Stanford academically..right? LMAO. MIA will never be on par with those schools academically. Ever. So it can't try to to take a similar course of action that those schools have taken. It would be counter-productive to do so. Football will always play an integral role in the success of MIA as an institution, and that will never change. To become an elite football program in today's CFB landscape, a school has to be willing/capable of spending $60-$75 mil/yr..MIA currently is probably spending half that. Shalala improved the academics @ MIA, but let's not pretend like it reached an elite level. Since her retirement the academic standing has declined, so theres reason to believe the university may have peaked.

Who is better than Pastor? Not Manny, that is for sure.

I know you weren't implying that. I just wanted to throw that out there. You are 100% correct on that. ND is great at managing their funds. As are the other very wealthy universities. Miami is not great at it.

Not really. Those schools are going up the "US News rankings" which is using football team as part of the equation. Academics is only a very small percentage of the US news and similar website rankings. UGA, OSU, etc. are all climbing the US news rankings, but are still seen as complete jokes in competitive fields. My company in NYC doesn't even allow those resumes to make it past the filter unless someone personally knows the guys and pushes their resume through, even though US news says they are just as good a Miami.

Of course not, that is not what I am saying at all. I was just explaining that being good academically is much better for your endowment than winnings NCs.

We have no idea if the school peaked or if the new guy just sucks. I would lean towards the latter.

Right now Miami is seen as basically a tier 4 school in regards to financial insitutions in NYC. With the elite Ivies, Stanford, Oxford, etc. as tier 1. The schitty ivies like cornell and Penn, Duke, etc. Tier 2. Schools like Notre Dame, Wake, UVA, etc as tier 3. With Miami coming in as a tier 4 school. Basically elite financial institutions don't hire new grads from anything outside the first 2 tiers unless they have crazy internships and heavily favor the tier 1 schools. Tier 3 guys generally won't get hired unless they are top of their class with great internships and tier 4 people will need elite internships and be top of their class to even get an interview. Pretty much anyone outside tier 4 will not even get looked at and will need to either start as back office and work their way up to front office, or work for a different company for years, build connections, and then try to work for a large PE company.

By just maintaining tier 4, our endowment is bound to grow massively when these kids start to make enough money to really give back. Personally, I don't really care because my degree means nothing now that I have my foot in the door in my field.

Advertisement
Back