Thank you Narduzzi

Advertisement
Very few paid coaches would agree with you.
I can assure you with 100% certainty that Nick saban, urban Meyer, dabo sweeney, all would have went for it on that beaten down defense under the same circumstances.

I can assure you with 100% certainty that Nick saban, urban Meyer, dabo sweeney, all would have went for it on that beaten down defense under the same circumstances.

That’s because they likely have a Heisman contending QB under center and an offensive line full of 4 and 5 stars.

Pitt and 90% of the rest of college teams, including Pitt, do not.

Advertisement
For out corching us. Key play in game kicking fg when on our 1 in 4th quarter. We are realing and they should have went for the kill. Even if they don't get it we are in our own endzone showing no signs of offensive life. Safety was most likely outcome and you take lead anyway and get the ball back. Worse case they would have gotten a short field to kick a fieldgoal again or even score TD. I think narduzzi **** the bed.

You're overthinking it. Kick the field goal and take the lead and not worry about the what if scenarios. Our offense couldn't do a **** thing.

Yeah, but what would Butch Davis, Mike Leach, and Mario Cristobal have done?

There was definitely a risk in going for 2. If Pitt intercepts and returns for 2 points they are only down 16-14 and it would only take a FG to win the game.
That scenario is as likely as them missing an XP .
they actually did get the INT.

Advertisement
For out corching us. Key play in game kicking fg when on our 1 in 4th quarter. We are realing and they should have went for the kill. Even if they don't get it we are in our own endzone showing no signs of offensive life. Safety was most likely outcome and you take lead anyway and get the ball back. Worse case they would have gotten a short field to kick a fieldgoal again or even score TD. I think narduzzi **** the bed.
This wasn't even his worst decision of the year when it comes to kicking a FG from the 1.

https://onwardstate.com/2019/09/16/...own-on-field-goal-attempt-from-one-yard-line/
"The Panthers were trailing by a touchdown when they marched down the field late in the fourth quarter of Saturday’s contest. Penn State’s defense made a crucial stand and kept Pitt out of the end zone for three downs.
With less than five minutes on the clock, Narduzzi elected to trot out his field goal team instead of trying to punch the ball into the end zone one more time."

Idiot kicked a FG late in the 4Q to make a 2 possession game a 2 possession game

Advertisement
Back