Thank you College Gameday

Advertisement
“We’re not a football school. We’re not a basketball school. We’re not a baseball school. We’re an academic school.”
- Julio Frenk (probably)

…..checks academic rankings:
Ranked 55th in national universities
Ranked 45th in medical schools
Ranked 75th in law schools
Ranked 60th in MBA programs

I don’t think some people realize how crucial this is for us. This is NOT what the university of Miami wants.

Take your medicine you ******* asswhipes. Now fire Blake James.
100% agree!!! You literally couldn't cut a huge check and pay for the value he just provided us!!! Seriously, those guys could give a crap about sports, but they DO NOT want to be dragged around in the national media. Wow. Something just shifted and it's not last night's burrito backing up on me.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
For 15-20 years the powers that be have sought to disavow themselves from the stigma of the football team. They don’t want to be associated with the bad press of the FIU brawl or the impermissible benefits scandals. They thought that a “middle of the road” approach would keep things cush and easy. Well, look at what apathy gets you.

There’s no “easy button” solution to this issue. It’s going to take foresight, investment, and honest assessment to get this turned around. I would think this impossible for the current structure but for the fact that the spotlight is on them and that is literally what they hate most.

giphy.gif

Glorious

Advertisement
Back