Thad Franklin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
That's a shame. Lots of good RBs nationally. Would like Trevion Cooley or Byron Caldwell to get a look.
I don't disagree.

Under normal circumstances I'd love for us to go after Cam'ron Valdez down in Rockdale TX, but under the C19 circumstances it's much harder to get OOS recruits to buy in to what we're doing, especially since visits have been cancelled since March & there won't be any OV's this year.

The only way OOS prospects are getting to see campuses is if they take a trip on their own dime to see the school & really only the higher top tier recruits will have the luxury to do that.

What I don't understand is.... Why commit again so soon? He has to be trolling.

Advertisement
I’m not making stuff up dude relax lol he’s barely 160 okay, he can’t get to 180? He’s a great talent and should be a take as it is. Yul would be a utility or all purpose, and B smith is the 3rd WR in this class.
Yul Brynner was an excellent performer in The Ten Commandments as Rhamses.

1595289190073.png

I hope Manny is living by his motto: “ if you’re looking around, so are we “

We actually had a head coach before Diaz that also used to say that. (Hint: That coach ran out on the field when Malcolm Lewis got hurt in a game some years ago).

Advertisement
I feel like it’s an outdated cliche to think you need a bruiser back to be complimented with a speedster. Or that you need a possession WR with a burner and then a slot guy.

I feel like it’s an outdated cliche to think you need a bruiser back to be complimented with a speedster. Or that you need a possession WR with a burner and then a slot guy.

I agree but it’s always nice to have a big workhorse that can milk away the game. It’s been a while since we’ve had a true move the pile guy. Homer was a beast for his size though I’ll say that.

I think with the duo of Chaney and Knighton we probably won't see Thad until his junior year so that might be a concern. One of Chaney/Knighton could also stay for their senior years as well and really mess with Thad's draft stock. I think missing on an elite tier RB this 2021 class won't hurt as long as we get a stud in the 2022 class, which shouldn't be hard if Lashlee's offense lights it up and we continue to put backs into the NFL. I think Thad does add a lot of value as a chain mover, but I think Chaney could possible fill that role if he continues to bulk up like the absolute beast he is. My personal view on Franklin is he is a good to have, but not need to have type of guy. If his mind is in Tallahassee, then he can have fun running behind a garbage O line. He's great but no Dalvin Cook or Cam Akers. Also this class is trying to make the U special again, if that's not his intention then he can leave.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why is everyone so quick to bail on Thad? Let’s not turn our back until,he bails but badmouthing a kid while he is still committed is not a good thing

So he can conduct an interview where he’s all over FSU and saying Miami doesn’t know he talks to them, but we can’t call him out on it? He’s committed to UM and UM is committed to him. It goes both ways.

could this be Francois 2.0? SMH Is this about attention?

Franklin says Florida State has pushed hard for him, to the point that it’s now “kind of even” between the two programs.

“It’s close,” Franklin told CaneSport. “I think it’s kind of even.”

Franklin reiterates he remains a UM commit.

What has FSU done to close the gap with Miami?

“I mean, it’s I’ve built a good relationship with the coaches, they run kind of the same offense we run at Chaminade,” Franklin said.

Asked if Cane coaches are concerned about FSU’s charge, Franklin said, “I don’t know, I don’t think they know I talk to them.”

Franklin currently plans to enroll next May at the school of his choice, but if there’s no football season that could change.

“If they don’t let us play I’m going to see if I can transfer to a public school so I can go to college early,” Franklin said.

Chaminade offensive plan sucks....so sounds about right.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back