Thad Franklin re commits

Advertisement
We haven’t had a running back with this size and power since who? Tyrone Moss?

Gus and Choc had size but we didn’t use them and they didn’t really run powerful. They were more finesse

Best pure runner on the team Day 1.
I hope so...one thing I really like about Thad he doesn't go down easily...y'all might not believe this but he looks alot like LeVeon Bell in HS to me...the pile always moves forward....the upside is cutting his fat down with the right diet like Bell did off-season before MSU....he will naturally have power imo must work on speed and agility...

Last edited:
Advertisement
We haven’t had a running back with this size and power since who? Tyrone Moss?

Gus and Choc had size but we didn’t use them and they didn’t really run powerful. They were more finesse
We used Gus... He was just baby soft and didn't like to use his size to his advantage. I would have like to use Choc more but yeah, both players wanted to be more finesse runners than physical.

We need those tough 4-5 yard pound it plays that turn into 8-10 yards in the 2nd half when guys are making business decisions on D.

Thad brings that dimension. I'm stoked about him.

Player development really helped this guy turn into a monster.. his diet along with off-season speed and agility was the key to his success tho.....Thad situation looks similar to me...this clip you can see his potential....was very powerful with no break away speed in HS just like Thad

Advertisement
Thad & Don Chaney is a **** of a 1-2 punch in between the tackles.

Then if we incorporate Knighton in the screen game & get him on some wheel routes out of the backfield, we’ll have a formidable RB trio.
I will add that people need to be patient with Don and Knighton. They will improve drastically in year 2 and beyond with college level vision and feel for the creases (In addition to strength and conditioning gains). Also, IMO Thad has the best feel in that regard of the three coming out of high school.

Advertisement
Back