Thad Franklin looked good

Advertisement
Guys what’s to take away? Seriously? They play against better competition on the scout team. What we know and have seen all season is Cam falls from the slightest of contact and has no shift in his game. Yes the freshman have “potential” but to take any noticeable observations from this game is laughable. You look fast when you run 4.5’s and the other team from 5 flats.

Brock - you’re right - so what!!

Unless you get to watch him go against the scout team then of course there is something to take away. This is the first time we’ve seen him run. Absurd take. Not sure why dig in.

Advertisement
Crooks you miss the point completely. 100% these guys should be good and play well. It’s a vastly inferior team. If they don’t have patience and vision and speed against a vastly inferior team I’d be worried. Not to mention if you follow pre season practice, Brown was doing well. Thad showed up out of shape but has talent. I’m not debating they didn’t play well but you can’t take away strong performances like today and use this is a guide. They need real competition to see what we have.

These guys all look slow to me. Big, strong, but slow. None of them is anywhere near as good as a Duke Johnson, Travis Homer, Deejay Dallas, or even Mark Walton. We need Chaney and Knighton back ASAP

Crooks you miss the point completely. 100% these guys should be good and play well. It’s a vastly inferior team. If they don’t have patience and vision and speed against a vastly inferior team I’d be worried. Not to mention if you follow pre season practice, Brown was doing well. Thad showed up out of shape but has talent. I’m not debating they didn’t play well but you can’t take away strong performances like today and use this is a guide. They need real competition to see what we have.
Brown was the better player in camp. He’s also a better blocker and receiver.

He looked great…

But I will say by the time he came into the game hall that JV team we played didn’t want no part of a man of his size running with anger

Advertisement
These guys all look slow to me. Big, strong, but slow. None of them is anywhere near as good as a Duke Johnson, Travis Homer, Deejay Dallas, or even Mark Walton. We need Chaney and Knighton back ASAP
I think most of us were just excited to see a guy run north instead of tap dancing around. Obviously we all see the opponent for what they were, was still refreshing. He looked like somebody that could get us 4/5 yards when we need it. I don't have that confidence in Cam.

Vision and patience has nothing to do with the type of competition you’re playing. That can be seen on a two yard run.

I wasn’t saying anything about whether they will be good or that this performance showed great they are. I was simply pointing out that there are things you can see and take away from a game like this regardless of the talent.

You’re missing the point, you said there isn’t anything you take away from this game and that is false

We’ll agree to disagree. You’d have vision and patience against that team. And I never said they didn’t have vision or patience and if anything they said that about Brown for some time.

Hey crooks let me ask you this - while I really like both our QBs and think they have bright futures - did you learn anything? They had plenty of time, open WRs, not much pressure?

We’ll agree to disagree. You’d have vision and patience against that team. And I never said they didn’t have vision or patience and if anything they was said about Brown for some time.

Hey crooks let me ask you this - while I really like both our QBs and think they have bright futures - did you learn anything? They had plenty of time, open WRs, not much pressure?
Not much you can take from either QB really.

Jake showed good touch and confidence and Van Dyke can make all the throws. Other than that nothing really. I am a bit worried about Van Dykes pocket presence though. It hasn’t looked good any of the times we’ve seen him get pressured in the limited amount we’ve seen it.

Advertisement
Great burst for a bigger running back. No wasted motion. Remind me of a more explosive Tyrone moss. Yeah they are different sizes but they run similar to me for some reason
The holes him and Brown had anyone could have scored so let’s pump the breaks. Cam had the best game of all but nobody will acknowledge that. That was one of worst teams we have played in years.

He looked great…

But I will say by the time he came into the game hall that JV team we played didn’t want no part of a man of his size running with anger

These are my thoughts as well.

Thad came in late in the 3rd quarter. CCSU was beaten down by then. And Thad was bigger than CCSU's back up defensive linemen.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back