Texting overload is No. 1 gripe among top prospects

This, this & more this.

Fans really don't understand crootin lol these kids are just kids & they're not dumb.
If anyones ever got interviewed before most of the time they say this is what we r going to ask u and say this or that. Its a quick *** rehearse to make sure your not mentally retarded lol. These kids lie and say good things everytime. Its so funny when u see people here say " i think we r leading based off that interview " i sit back and laugh cause its the same people yearly like they didnt learn last time. I get getting fooled once but twice is ok three times is too much

Advertisement
It's not recruiting anymore, it borders on harassment for many players. Take your 5 visits, take unofficial visits if you can. Enjoy the love of calls and texts if that's what you want and think it truly is. That's why a young man like Don Chaney, jr stands out. There are others that commit and don't play the hat game or top 10's but you won't hear much about them. Those are the guys that out work others and become better players and men. There are 4 & 5 star recruits that are in that mold, but others have peaked before they play the 5 hat monte game.
AMEN!!

Advertisement
What year was that, postcards? Lol
For me it was calls and coaches showing up to practices and games
Back in the early '80's the recruiting process started out with colleges sending out thousands of postcards to high school players all over the country. I once heard that it could be 5000 postcards, maybe sent in the junior year. Those names were probably solicited from letters/questionnaire sent to HS coaches.

There were very few publications. The only one I knew of in the early '80's was Joe Terranova's, and I'm not sure it was that good for colleges. It was more suited to the average fan. (I bought it every year, until Joe Terranova died, and then some. ) I used to read about another publication that was intended for the college market, but it was too expensive for the average person.

I think the early mass mailing of postcards was just to find a universe of kids who might have interest in the college. I think from there the schools would try to narrow it down.

It's probably a little more scientific and precise these days.

Don’t worry once you sign with a team the rest of those coaches will forget you even exist, and will move on to the next recruit.

These lil jits don't know what tf they want, as that’s fa real. Everything is Goldilocks with these ninjas.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back