Texting overload is No. 1 gripe among top prospects

Advertisement
Advertisement
I can get why recruits as a whole say this. We only hear the "Show more love" nonsense from a handful of attention hogs every year while hundreds of kids take the process seriously and do their homework on who will be the best fit.

Other than the Uber elite kids it's got to be a fine line for players to walk-maintain contact with schools so they don't move on from you, while weighing all the options available.

Advertisement
It's not recruiting anymore, it borders on harassment for many players. Take your 5 visits, take unofficial visits if you can. Enjoy the love of calls and texts if that's what you want and think it truly is. That's why a young man like Don Chaney, jr stands out. There are others that commit and don't play the hat game or top 10's but you won't hear much about them. Those are the guys that out work others and become better players and men. There are 4 & 5 star recruits that are in that mold, but others have peaked before they play the 5 hat monte game.

Advertisement
Crazy, can't imagine how hectic it gets for the kids. I mean I couldn't wait to get letters from schools, but if I was getting bombarded non stop yeah that would have been miserable. 5 letters a week was cool though.

WahfukkingWah, holy Christ, what’s next complaining about World Peace. Shut y’all’s phone off, do your ****, turn it on. Easy Peasy. Just sayin’

Advertisement
Fvck the texting, just call the player and talk to him, see how he is doing. **** of a lot more personal and takes half as long. I am amazed at how many people text when they can just call the person. WTF?

Exactly.

Thank god we didn't have mobile phones when I was in college. Not that I was fielding a lot of calls and letters. I'd hear from a coach, by postcard or phone call MAYBE once every other week. And that was fine.

What year was that, postcards? Lol
For me it was calls and coaches showing up to practices and games

Advertisement
Back