Texas Projected starting CB hits the Portal

2018: Blades, Ivey
2019: Couch, Williams
2020: Clarke, Dunson

Each of them was rated 4 stars. Now let's coach 'em up.

I'd also expect to see some Keontra Smith and/or Avantae in a striker/nickel role. I think we are ok on numbers here but definitely need a nice haul this cycle.

Advertisement
Ivins said If they go after another transfer it would be wr. Been trying to tell y’all diaz is ok with the cb numbers

^^this^^. however, its more lashlee pressing cause he needs speed plus quantity so their azzes don't get tired. however, if the right LB or CB comes along, he gonna grab him

true but ones with at least 3 years left would be a no brainer and would be worth it.
Yes it would and to be honest, I think we are at the point of becoming Pittsburgh. Where we have tradition and Hall of Famers but we are no longer contending for anything meaningful. We need to string together a couple of 10 win seasons asap.

Advertisement
Herman is about to have a slight exodus. He was on the original fast 7 on 7 team my dad helped coach I keep up with him like family. Had some issues in that locker room with all the things going on currently
How good is he in your unbiased opinion?

How good is he in your unbiased opinion?
He would be CB1 here in our scheme but he was slightly overrated coming out. He started for Lamar since he was freshman so that had a lot to do with it but he’s a technician. He’ll never get beat without having a way to recover. His teammate d’shawn Jamison was better and more versatile just slightly smaller

Advertisement
He would be CB1 here in our scheme but he was slightly overrated coming out. He started for Lamar since he was freshman so that had a lot to do with it but he’s a technician. He’ll never get beat without having a way to recover. His teammate d’shawn Jamison was better and more versatile just slightly smaller
It sounds like he's a dedicated player and not a primadona. Good take.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Got to give it to Manny.

There could have been a mass exodus of players out of here after the debacle in 2019.

We haven’t lost anyone of starter quality this offseason. That says a lot about the character in the locker room and Manny’s ability to relate to his players.

Sweet baby Jesus please get Manny the leadership qualities he needs to lead this team through adversity. The way he has handled last year’s disappointment has been quite remarkable. It could lead us to some good football if he really gets it together.

Lamar HS grad here. I thought Cook would've been a household name by now. Not sure if I would take em though personally. Moot point anyway because we definitely won't pursuit.
Dude was a stud. that was a deep Houston DB class. Jalen green from Houston heights went to UT as well.

Advertisement
Back