Texas Projected starting CB hits the Portal

Somebody needs to show these young men there is a right way to do things and a wrong way. You have an obligation to the school, it's fans, etc. It is a privilege to be where you are. In the blink of an eye, it can all be taken away, and you're replaceable. You are not bigger than the institution, fight what you see as an injustice a different way.

Advertisement
Somebody needs to show these young men there is a right way to do things and a wrong way. You have an obligation to the school, it's fans, etc. It is a privilege to be where you are. In the blink of an eye, it can all be taken away, and you're replaceable. You are not bigger than the institution, fight what you see as an injustice a different way.

The school also has an obligation to them.

Last edited:
The school also have an obligation to them.

They do, but try that approach with an employer, which schools essentially are. Sit out of work, see how fast you hit the unemployment line. Athletes are already entitled individuals, in particular at the pro level. You start letting them dictate things in college or high school, you've got some serious problems. I would let them walk and find a replacement as soon as possible.

They do, but try that approach with an employer, which schools essentially are. Sit out of work, see how fast you hit the unemployment line. Athletes are already entitled individuals, in particular at the pro level. You start letting them dictate things in college or high school, you've got some serious problems. I would let them walk and find a replacement as soon as possible.

Employers? LOL schools make millions and the athletes make nothing.

Also if Texas takes your approach and lets them go without any compromise good luck getting any meaningful replacements.
Might as well give up trying to recruit any black athlete to attend their university.

Employers? LOL schools make millions and the athletes make nothing.

Also if Texas takes your approach and lets them go without any compromise good luck getting any meaningful replacements.
Might as well give up trying to recruit any black athlete to attend their university.

It's a symbiotic relationship in which the players also get quite a bit. While few players go to NFL and riches, how many would actually be able to attend a P5 school without relaxed standards? The notion that make nothing is ludicrous.

Sure, no black athlete will ever go there. Please, if they aren't stars, who is going to pick them up? You know who would go, those that got passed up the first time around.

You sit these kids down and simply say, I hear you. Let's see what we can do together. I'm going to make one thing clear though, you don't dictate to me or this university anything. There's the door if you don't like it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back