REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

Good lord, what an overwhelmingly boring idea.
Yeah I'm not in favor of it either just trying to bring info from someone that probably knows 17 times more than all of us on here guessing combined. I don't see it happening at all, but if you would have told me a week ago the rest of this was going to happen I would have felt the same about that so wtf do I know

Advertisement
If the ACC and Big10 brass were smart, they would agree to merge into a 32 team super conference, cut some of the dead weight (i.e., WF, NW, etc.) and add a couple teams from the Big12 or PAC12 to replace them. The SEC thinks they are making a power play here. This type of move by the ACC and Big10 would be the real power play. ACC/Big10 to the SEC, "You think you have a ****? Here's a ****!!!"
NW has the Chicago mkt along with ND

Here's more on the 4 pod graphic. My older brother's friend works in the lsu athletic dept in "alum fundraising". They recently just brought him in from GA. Not hard to guess his purpose lol. Anyway he sent him an email today saying the grand plan of the sec (what they ARE REALLY shooting for) is this: the 4 pod system you mentioned, with the 4 champs of those having their own sec playoff. The Champion of that would play the champ from the rest of the country in basically a college football Super Bowl. Not saying it will happen, but I swear on my Mother's grave that he said that's their plan they really want to carry out and have discussed.
I do agree that there is a bigger play here besides just OU and Texas going to the conference. And whats really f'd up is whatever the SEC and ESPN want to do, everyone else will have to fall in line.

Here's more on the 4 pod graphic. My older brother's friend works in the lsu athletic dept in "alum fundraising". They recently just brought him in from GA. Not hard to guess his purpose lol. Anyway he sent him an email today saying the grand plan of the sec (what they ARE REALLY shooting for) is this: the 4 pod system you mentioned, with the 4 champs of those having their own sec playoff. The Champion of that would play the champ from the rest of the country in basically a college football Super Bowl. Not saying it will happen, but I swear on my Mother's grave that he said that's their plan they really want to carry out and have discussed.
Hopefully the other conferences aren’t dumb enough to play along.

Hopefully the other conferences aren’t dumb enough to play along.
I hope so also, but he was pretty brash about them just outright trying to bully everyone into it. A take it or leave it kind of situation. There might be a standoff in the future if they really do try this approach

Advertisement
Getting a Big 10 invite would be a massive longshot IMO. For geographic and fit reasons, but most importantly because I think that that the SEC and Big 10 would rather just see us die.

A lot of things would need to go wrong, but don't think the life of the Miami program isn't at stake right now in at least some small way.

Ready? Imagine if the SEC took:

OU
Texas
FSU
Clemson
UNC
UVA

The ACC would be gutted. UNC would have to cut their Tobacco Road ties, which are powerful, but it might be do this or lose your seat. We'd be whatever the Big 12 is about to become, at best. The SEC would basically own college sports for the rest of time. They would dominate the Big 10, completely, and forever. Maybe there is a small chance the SEC would take Miami over UVA, but I doubt it. Their inherent racism would preclude adding us, IMO, and we're a small, private "**** school" in a lawless wasteland in their bigoted eyes. It's a bad fit, both ways.

UVA with SEC money (prestigious state school, good population, well-heeled resort areas, DC TV market, and you know they would love that Thomas Jefferson shiit) would become a lot more legit than you think.

Having Texas, UNC and UVA, along with Vanderbilt and less so UGA and UF would put the conference academic ridicule to bed forever.

Honestly if I was the ruthless leader of the SEC, that is what I'd do. Maybe I'd even boot Arkansas and Mizzou so everyone gets a bigger piece of the pie. Neither add much, neither can't hurt me if I let them go, and they were both recent additions anyway. They aren't legacy, they aren't inside.

I try to game things out in life, see the whole field. And I am telling you, it's treacherous out there for us right now. Ok, I am going to go cry now.
The biggest threat to us, ironically, is our fertile recruiting grounds. Make Miami irrelevant and a major barrier to recruiting in SoFla is gone. So yeah, there's incentive to leaving Miami out of any further expansion.

Getting a Big 10 invite would be a massive longshot IMO. For geographic and fit reasons, but most importantly because I think that that the SEC and Big 10 would rather just see us die.

A lot of things would need to go wrong, but don't think the life of the Miami program isn't at stake right now in at least some small way.

Ready? Imagine if the SEC took:

OU
Texas
FSU
Clemson
UNC
UVA

The ACC would be gutted. UNC would have to cut their Tobacco Road ties, which are powerful, but it might be do this or lose your seat. We'd be whatever the Big 12 is about to become, at best. The SEC would basically own college sports for the rest of time. They would dominate the Big 10, completely, and forever. Maybe there is a small chance the SEC would take Miami over UVA, but I doubt it. Their inherent racism would preclude adding us, IMO, and we're a small, private "**** school" in a lawless wasteland in their bigoted eyes. It's a bad fit, both ways.

UVA with SEC money (prestigious state school, good population, well-heeled resort areas, DC TV market, and you know they would love that Thomas Jefferson shiit) would become a lot more legit than you think.

Having Texas, UNC and UVA, along with Vanderbilt and less so UGA and UF would put the conference academic ridicule to bed forever.

Honestly if I was the ruthless leader of the SEC, that is what I'd do. Maybe I'd even boot Arkansas and Mizzou so everyone gets a bigger piece of the pie. Neither add much, neither can't hurt me if I let them go, and they were both recent additions anyway. They aren't legacy, they aren't inside.

I try to game things out in life, see the whole field. And I am telling you, it's treacherous out there for us right now. Ok, I am going to go cry now.
Why do people think that the SEC wants to have 18-20 or 22 teams? If they destroy college football as a national sport that does them no favors.

no. there are no academic/cultural fits in the big 12 for the ACC.

it's bad enough that the ACC has NC State and FSU and Clemson.

unless Vanderbilt is thinking about leaving the SEC, I'm not seeing any ACC expansion in the near future.

what MAY happen, and it's a long shot, I you get Vandy and Notre Dame. But I'm not holding my breath.
TCU?

Advertisement
Why do people think that the SEC wants to have 18-20 or 22 teams? If they destroy college football as a national sport that does them no favors.

The concept I laid out adds only two more teams than they are about to have. And if they don't kick Arkansas and Mizzou to the curb, they can essentially have two power conferences within the SEC. They won't destroy CFB, they will dominate it. They will have the best, and second best conferences in the country INSIDE the SEC. Can you imagine the TV revenue? My god. Then the additional revenue from a monster SECCG, merch, etc. Everything will supercharge. With a 12-16 team playoff, there is still room for other conferences to do their thing. But they will get eaten alive in the playoffs and on the trail.

Why would they want to take it all for themselves and murder others? Human nature and greed, sadly. Be scared.

Since everyone is talking about conference changes I decided to come up with my own because what the ****.

SEC
East: UF, Tenn, Kentucky, Georgia tech, Georgia, App state, Vandy, Oklahoma
West: Alabama, auburn, texas, Texas A&M, Louisiana, LSU, UAB, Ole miss

ACC
Coastal: Miami, UCF, FSU, South
Carolina, Rutgers, Pitt, UNC, Duke
Atlantic: Clemson, Vtech, UVA, Nc state, Maryland, Coastal Carolina, Wake forest, West Virginia

PAC-12
NORTH: USC, Colorado, Utah, UCLA, Arizona state, Arizona, BYU, San Diego state
South: Stanford, Washington, Easterm Washington, Colorado state, Oregon, Oregon state, Cal, Wash State

Big 10
North: North Dakota state, Indiana, Ohio state, Penn state, Boston college, Michigan, Michigan state, Cincinnati
South: Northwestern, Notre dame, Wisconsin, Minnesota , Purdue, Illinois, Louisville, Missouri

Big 12
North: Iowa, Iowa state, Kansas state, Houston, Baylor, SMU, Baylor, Kansas
South: Oklahoma state, T Tech, TCU, Nebraska, Arkansas, Nevada, Mississippi state, North Texas

AAC:
East: Tulsa, Navy, Tulane, USF, Marshal, Umass, FAU, FIU
West: Memphis, Air Force, Boise state, Rice, Southern miss, New Mexico State, Liberty, Arkansas state

MAC:
East: Ball state, Toledo, Western Michigan, Eastern Michigan, central Michigan, northern Illinois, Temple, Army
West: Buffalo, hawaii, Bowling Green, Akron, Kent state, Miami Ohio, Ohio, Wyoming

I did not put much stock into East/West for most of them cuz I don’t have that kind of time to worry about geographic grammar. But what say you?

Advertisement
Baylor a religious school? Christian mission? wtf
Always been tied in with the Baptists. From the Baylor Lariat: "Baylor advertises itself as “unapologetically Christian.” While yes, that’s true, I’d argue that the university isn’t necessarily just Christian. It’s Baptist. So. Baptist."

Don't want them anywhere near the ACC.

I hope so also, but he was pretty brash about them just outright trying to bully everyone into it. A take it or leave it kind of situation. There might be a standoff in the future if they really do try this approach
If anyone is smart, they would just leave it, because if the new SEC was just left to play out their 4 pod system without anyone from the rest of the CFB work participating, their money would dry up really fast.

Advertisement
I’d like to see the ACC and Big 10 do a strategic partnership where the only play each other out of conference and sell the ACC/Big10 challenge out separate from their conference tv deal. Get ND in that mix, and cherry pick three other solid fits. Let the SEC have fun with the PAC 12.

The concept I laid out adds only two more teams than they are about to have. And if they don't kick Arkansas and Mizzou to the curb, they can essentially have two power conferences within the SEC. They won't destroy CFB, they will dominate it. They will have the best, and second best conferences in the country INSIDE the SEC. Can you imagine the TV revenue? My god. Then the additional revenue from a monster SECCG, merch, etc. Everything will supercharge. With a 12-16 team playoff, there is still room for other conferences to do their thing. But they will get eaten alive in the playoffs and on the trail.

Why would they want to take it all for themselves and murder others? Human nature and greed, sadly. Be scared.
The greed would end up killing them though. At the end of the day, the product has to be compelling. People will get bored with the product because there is no parity and they'll stop watching, then the money will dry up. We're already starting to see that with the playoffs, which is the entire reason why they are discussing playoff expansion. The problem is, playoff expansion won't solve the problem because it'll still be the same 4-6 teams that make it to the final 4 every year. People don't want to see Bama vs Clemson in the championship anymore. They are bored with it.

Advertisement
Back