Texas A&M

Trust me I'm not even attempting to compare us. I just always find it interesting how quickly programs are turned around. Then u have us. Storied program, NFL pipeline, recruiting hot bed & a rebuilding process that always has to hit rock bottom. We play in the **** ACC! Why is our rebuilding process always a 4 year plan?!!
FSU and ND both have taken 3+ years to rebuild.
Golden is in his 2nd. Hold your horses homie.

Advertisement
Trust me I'm not even attempting to compare us. I just always find it interesting how quickly programs are turned around. Then u have us. Storied program, NFL pipeline, recruiting hot bed & a rebuilding process that always has to hit rock bottom. We play in the **** ACC! Why is our rebuilding process always a 4 year plan?!!

There isn't a single D1 team within the last 20+ years that I can think of that has had done to it what Miami has since Coker took over. Its been a slow methodical destruction of the football program by the previous two coaches. And the NCAA investigation was the culmination if all the poison the last two coaching staffs fed to the program. From poor recruiting, poor coaching, poor development of players, questionable characters that work at your school yet recruit for other schools, a booster that tries to destroy your program, Coker, Shannon, the DII and DIII caliber players Shannon recruited, lack of accountability, lack of strength, lack of leadership, former players snitching on the program, destruction of the orange bowl, etc. I can go on and on and on. Oh I forgot to mention the coaching carousel. Can you think of a top tier program that has had half of what this program has gone through?

Any coach that took over what golden took over would be struggling in similar fashion.

did you just name destruction of the orange bowl as a reason for the losing? we were losing in that place too this past decade

No I named the destruction of the orange bowl as just one more thing that the program has gone through over the past decade. Switching to sun life had its adjustments. Like anything in life when you make a change you have to adjust to it.

We dont have Manziel... End of story. He's perfect for what they run. If Sumlin was here, he'd have Morris or maybe even Brissett (Florida's QB that Golden couldnt convince to come to UM). Thats it! And neither is as good as Manziel.

I agree with canealmighty, I'll reserve judgement on Golden until after year 3. He needs HIS guys to develop. I already think D'Onofrio is an anchor on the Golden ship tho.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back