Texas A&M

D2D28

Recruit
-Been mediocre for years
-Was a program we actually dominated a few years ago
-Fired their head coach
-Hired a new head coach to rebuild the program

In year 1:
-moved to the toughest conference(SEC) in the toughest division(SEC west)
-nearly beat Florida & LSU
-smashed #15 MissSt
-beat the #1 team in the country, in their house, with a freshman QB.

I know our situations are very different but I'm definitely jealous of the way they REBUILD.

Advertisement
aTm always has a decent amount of talent, they are always corched up. Sumlin didn't "rebuild" nothing, he just gave a program a shot in the arm.

Golden walked into biggest mess in college football, on multiple levels. Comparison what
he has decided to take on to any one else, is a joke.

Advertisement
Manziel is a special player. They aren't doing this with an avg or even a good QB, they're doing it with a special QB. They also went pretty heavy on JUCOs on D, IIRC. That has it's pros/cons short term & long term.

Trust me I'm not even attempting to compare us. I just always find it interesting how quickly programs are turned around. Then u have us. Storied program, NFL pipeline, recruiting hot bed & a rebuilding process that always has to hit rock bottom. We play in the **** ACC! Why is our rebuilding process always a 4 year plan?!!

I'll take the freshman qb that plays like a senior vs the junior that looks like a freshman.

Trust me I'm not even attempting to compare us. I just always find it interesting how quickly programs are turned around. Then u have us. Storied program, NFL pipeline, recruiting hot bed & a rebuilding process that always has to hit rock bottom. We play in the **** ACC! Why is our rebuilding process always a 4 year plan?!!

There isn't a single D1 team within the last 20+ years that I can think of that has had done to it what Miami has since Coker took over. Its been a slow methodical destruction of the football program by the previous two coaches. And the NCAA investigation was the culmination if all the poison the last two coaching staffs fed to the program. From poor recruiting, poor coaching, poor development of players, questionable characters that work at your school yet recruit for other schools, a booster that tries to destroy your program, Coker, Shannon, the DII and DIII caliber players Shannon recruited, lack of accountability, lack of strength, lack of leadership, former players snitching on the program, destruction of the orange bowl, etc. I can go on and on and on. Oh I forgot to mention the coaching carousel. Can you think of a top tier program that has had half of what this program has gone through?

Any coach that took over what golden took over would be struggling in similar fashion.

Advertisement
A&M's coach went to the NFL as an OC
Miami's coach went to TCU as a LB coach

that should say something about what outsiders thought of their coaching/program building abilities

There isn't a single D1 team within the last 20+ years that I can think of that has had done to it what Miami has since Coker took over. Its been a slow methodical destruction of the football program by the previous two coaches. And the NCAA investigation was the culmination if all the poison the last two coaching staffs fed to the program. From poor recruiting, poor coaching, poor development of players, questionable characters that work at your school yet recruit for other schools, a booster that tries to destroy your program, Coker, Shannon, the DII and DIII caliber players Shannon recruited, lack of accountability, lack of strength, lack of leadership, former players snitching on the program, destruction of the orange bowl, etc. I can go on and on and on. Oh I forgot to mention the coaching carousel. Can you think of a top tier program that has had half of what this program has gone through?

Any coach that took over what golden took over would be struggling in similar fashion.

did you just name destruction of the orange bowl as a reason for the losing? we were losing in that place too this past decade

A&M's coach went to the NFL as an OC
Miami's coach went to TCU as a LB coach

that should say something about what outsiders thought of their coaching/program building abilities

sherman was also the former packers head coach. randy prays he gets another shot as an HC of a big time program let alone a NFL team

Sumlin got left a rs qb who is great, experienced oline, pretty good d. Golden got a bunch selfish guys, and then an ncaa investigation he didnt even know about.

Advertisement

And this.

Advertisement
A&M was supposed to be very good the last couple of seasons, they just had a bad coach in Sherman, meaning they had the players already there when Sumlin took over.

Advertisement
Back