Texas A&M v Clemson

Advertisement
Is it me or is this Clemson offense pretty basic. It’s effective but I don’t see anything overly complicated. Side note: Ettiene makes most of his big plays off misdirection. Don’t know if that’s going to be something to watch when he gets in the NFL next year.

I know Lawrence is unbelievably good, but how much stock do y’all put in having 2 first rounders catching terrible throws like that for him?

I’ve been thinking this for awhile now. After Etienne one could make an argument that Ross is the best player on O. Lawrence is still the most important but Ross is just too good.

That's a disgustingly bad throw by Lawrence that Higgins bailed him out on.

No it wasn’t. He put it in a spot where either Higgins would get it or nobody (would be an incompletion). He threw it in a spot a little behind him and trusted his guy to go get it. He put it a little behind because the defender underneath would’ve tipped it if he threw it on the money

Those guys have a symbiotic relationship on the field so he knows what his WR can do.

Is it me or is this Clemson offense pretty basic. It’s effective but I don’t see anything overly complicated. Side note: Ettiene makes most of his big plays off misdirection. Don’t know if that’s going to be something to watch when he gets in the NFL next year.

They are keeping it Vanilla so Miami can't prepare for them in the ACCCG. They will open it up in the ACCCG.

Advertisement
No it wasn’t. He put it in a spot where either Higgins would get it or nobody (would be an incompletion). He threw it in a spot a little behind him and trusted his guy to go get it. He put it a little behind because the defender underneath would’ve tipped it if he threw it on the money

Those guys have a symbiotic relationship on the field so he knows what his WR can do.
So he intentionally threw it high and behind his WR?

He must be a QB savant then.

So he intentionally threw it high and behind his WR?

He must be a QB savant then.
He did...look at the throw in slow motion. It’s high (6’5” WR) and slightly behind, so neither defender had a shot at the ball due to their momentum and backs being turned..only Higgins could get it. Not the same throw, but similar conceptually to a back shoulder fade.

Not every WR is gifted enough to make that catch and he probably only trys that throw with Higgins or Ross, because of their hands, size, and elite body control. Plus, that guy is crazy accurate and he has confidence in his arm

If he threw it on the money the defender underneath would’ve tipped it.

Last edited:
What makes it special is the execution imo. Everyone almost always seems like they're on the same page.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This thread sure did age poorly.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back