Texas A&M Must Be Backing Up The Brinks Truck

How do you even right this crap? RBs look bad when you have no blocking. We were down to 2nd and 3rd string offensive linemen. Our offensive line was atrocious!!!

You somehow blame the RBs for not scoring TDs and "leaving tons of yards and tds on the board." This is laughable, but really a face palm moment that you really think the RBs are to blame.
Our running back room was certainly most affected by injuries and the running backs that were left over weren't home run hitting kinds of individuals they were more A to B. Which is great when you simply trying to move the chains but when you then sustain the types of injuries that we had throughout the offensive line at quarterback and at receiver I mean obviously at that point what's the defense going to key on only thing you have a prayer of doing anything with is your running back and as we saw we weren't able to hold up to that. Anyone that could turn around and say our running backs were our problem I think don't see the bigger picture but I guess if you want to see the the glasses half full you could say that if I running backs were home run hitters they could have taken more advantage of the opportunities when they sell them did pop up...

Advertisement
How do you even right this crap? RBs look bad when you have no blocking. We were down to 2nd and 3rd string offensive linemen. Our offensive line was atrocious!!!

You somehow blame the RBs for not scoring TDs and "leaving tons of yards and tds on the board." This is laughable, but really a face palm moment that you really think the RBs are to blame.
I wrote it because it’s true. Great rbs make multiple guys miss and score tds. instead of breaking 20 yard runs they outrun angles and house it. I’ve watched it happen just like that for 25 plus years. There were plays last year where our rbs had walk in stand up touchdowns with perfect blocking and cut right into the teeth of the defense to get killed. Rooster was on his way to a monster gain in the NC game and coughed up the rock on a routine hit. That play cost us that game. Don’t listen to me Go on YouTube and watch some of the games. It’s right in front of you.

I wrote it because it’s true. Great rbs make multiple guys miss and score tds. instead of breaking 20 yard runs they outrun angles and house it. I’ve watched it happen just like that for 25 plus years. There were plays last year where our rbs had walk in stand up touchdowns with perfect blocking and cut right into the teeth of the defense to get killed. Rooster was on his way to a monster gain in the NC game and coughed up the rock on a routine hit. That play cost us that game. Don’t listen to me Go on YouTube and watch some of the games. It’s right in front of you.
First of all, there has to be a hole to run through.

Yes, I remember the Rooster play. A handful of plays to create your narrative. That's not enough to draw your conclusions.

The offensive line was terrible. Period.

Their offense was just as bad as ours. Their OC fired their OC, technically. Lol
Still landing 5 stars right from Bama's back yard.
Incredible....

giphy (10).gif

Advertisement
First of all, there has to be a hole to run through.

Yes, I remember the Rooster play. A handful of plays to create your narrative. That's not enough to draw your conclusions.

The offensive line was terrible. Period.
Did Dalvin Cook always have a hole to run through when he was killing us every year. Dude would be dead in the water against unblocked guys and would score tds. How many of those olineman from FSU played in the league? If you can honestly say an above average to great rb doesn’t get yards even when the blocking is subpar I can’t have this discussion with you cause you don’t know what the **** you’re talking about.

Last edited:
Did Dalvin Cook always have a hole to run through when he was killing us every year. Dude would be dead in the water against unblocked guys and would score tds. How many of those olineman from FSU played in the league? If you can honestly say an above average to great rb doesn’t get yards even when the blocking is subpar I can’t have this discussion with you cause you don’t know what the **** you’re talking about.
The answer is yes. You need blocking. Did Cook make a 1st down or TD on every carry? Was he ever tackled for a loss or short gain?

I have to say, this is borderline stupidity. If there is no hole, the RB isn't going anywhere. The defense will get TFLs and short gains.

You have to have an offensive line to create holes so the RB can get to the 2nd level. When the RB can get to the 2nd level, he can then differentiate himself from other RBs with his speed and skillset ala Cook.

Why do you think Mario upgraded the OL? Using your analogy, he should just go after the top RBs spending all the NIL money on them. Because they are so great, they don't need blocking. NONSENSE!!!

You need to take a football 101 class.

Done here.

Advertisement
I will say, minus being Barry Sanders* only, an above average to great rb will not get yards with subpar blocking.

I will say a great OL will make a subpar RB appear to be great as well.

*and even still...

Advertisement
Back