Testings results for Miami targets at the regional opening

View as article
Advertisement
Can anyone explain why Campbell, who is seen by most on here as the better prospect, but also outperforms Surtain at these events is ranked lower than Surtain? Or, on the contrary, what is it that has Surtain ranked so high? Something doesn't add up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone explain why Campbell, who is seen by most on here as the better prospect, but also outperforms Surtain at these events is ranked lower than Surtain? Or, on the contrary, what is it that has Surtain ranked so high? Something doesn't add up.

His name...

His name...

Alright then why isn't Samuel ranked higher if he has just as big a name, maybe bigger?

Advertisement

Also he didn't outperform Surtain... Surtain was hurt.

Abdullah has really nice numbers as well if you can put 15-20 pounds on him.

His name...

Alright then why isn't Samuel ranked higher if he has just as big a name, maybe bigger?

If Samuel was the same size, he would be...

Advertisement
I believe they ran their 40 inside the bubble, while the kids in orlando ran outside where it was cold & wet.

Campbell's last name isn't Surtain. That's what's going on.

His name...

If Samuel was the same size, he would be...

It's just crazy to me man.

Advertisement
It's because of his father AND he's an uber athlete just like Campbell. I honestly don't see the difference in them potential wise, Campbell is more technically sound and plays over his ranking.

Advertisement
Surtain is VERY talented that's what people should not be arguing... it's not because of his name he is a talented player with great measurables... the argument certainly can be made that there isn't much of a gap between the two players(surtain and Campbell) though

For the record, I've stated since August of last year that I felt Surtain was overrated & is not the #1 ranked CB in Florida.

Yall know me, I'm not downplaying him just because he's not coming to Miami, I've seen him play live & have never felt he was this Elite CB that's the undisputed best in nation.

Imo, Samuel is the best pure cover corner in Florida, regardless of whether he comes to Miami or not & to me, Tyson Campbell is the best CB on AH.

Surtain is a really good player, he's no doubt top 5 among the 2018 DB's, but I don't think he's as good as he is rated.

Imho, the best CB in the nation is Anthony Cook from Lamar Texas, he's not coming to Miami either, but I think he's a true Elite Ballhawk lockdown CB, with 10INT's on his career despite missing part of his Junior year with an injury.

Surtain Jr only has 4INT's for his career... So does Al Blades Jr.

I could be wrong, but I'm sorry, I don't see the #1 ranked CB in the nation when I watch Surtain Jr play, I see a really good CB/S who if he was named Patrick Sartin Jr would be a 4-star & not as highly touted.

The Campbell vs Surtain thing is purely a politics thing. But let's not confuse thinking Campbell is better with thinking Surtain is trash. Everyone is down on a Surtain because he isn't coming here.

Advertisement
Back