Testings results for Miami targets at the regional opening

View as article
Advertisement
Can anyone explain why Campbell, who is seen by most on here as the better prospect, but also outperforms Surtain at these events is ranked lower than Surtain? Or, on the contrary, what is it that has Surtain ranked so high? Something doesn't add up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
His name...

Alright then why isn't Samuel ranked higher if he has just as big a name, maybe bigger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

samuels is 5'9

It's because of his father AND he's an uber athlete just like Campbell. I honestly don't see the difference in them potential wise, Campbell is more technically sound and plays over his ranking.

well one tackles better...has a better nose for the big play..and covers better..but other than that no real difference.lol

Tyson Campbell is SPECIAL

Dude is basically 6'3 and may still be growing. Ran an elite time of 4.47. His shuttle time is mediocre, but seeing how fluid he is on the field, that doesn't concern me at all

The shuttle is what stood out to me as well. I wonder if he stumbled or something. Your shuttle should not be slower than your 40. If it is, it raises some flags about change of direction.

I'm willing to bet that that shuttle was an aberration. His film should make you lower those same flags. He has zero problems with change-of-direction...

It's because of his father AND he's an uber athlete just like Campbell. I honestly don't see the difference in them potential wise, Campbell is more technically sound and plays over his ranking.

well one tackles better...has a better nose for the big play..and covers better..but other than that no real difference.lol

....oh don't worry I have a nice detailed prospect thread with kids even you don't know about coming...which shouldn't surprise anyone because the only homer that's bigger than you is nvalhos.

Don't get sour that my guy blew yours out the water.

Advertisement

....oh don't worry I have a nice detailed prospect thread with kids even you don't know about coming...which shouldn't surprise anyone because the only homer that's bigger than you is nvalhos.

Don't get sour that my guy blew yours out the water.

who's your "guy" that blows mines out the water?. I dont have much guys...

Advertisement
Lo 4.63 (outside & wet) Orlando

Davis 4.64 (indoor practice facility) Miami

Cook 4.71 (indoor practice facility) Miami

Thought this was interesting so went and checked last year´s Orlando combine...low and behold, we have Lingard 1 year younger but timed at 4.53:

https://www.theopening.com/2016-orlando-results

Interesting to note that there were more faster times at the 2016 Orlando combine. The context matters. I'm sure Lorenzo hasn't gotten slower (has probably gotten faster), but the conditions were conducive to slower numbers this year.

Kevin Austin 6-3, 198, 4.71 40, 4.4 shuttle, 37 vertical
l

Do not want he is slow.:sanford2:
I bet cash he is not slow. This kid is a red zone nightmare and i know ill probably get some hate for this but he reminds me a lot of Njoku. If he can put on about 15 more pounds before he enrolls why not redshirt and put him in that flex role. Ive only watched his 1 vs 1 but he looked pretty **** good to me.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

what is the knock on Schwartz? with that size and elite speed and his HL tape, idk how he's still like 5th-7th on our WR wish list.... weak in routes? hands?
what do XWilliams, Hightower, etc have over him?

It's probably just a case of his true future is in track and field. Unfortunately, we aren't a premiere destination for track and field.

People see Schwart's times and think, woah... that's fast. It is, but he's doing it as a two sport athlete against guys who focus solely on track and beating them. How fast would he run of he optimized his body for track?
We were conference champs i believe last year. Thats not bad by any means.

Advertisement
Problem is if you use that flyer on him you take it away from another player we could need more. **** with how stacked this class is the hardest part is who is getting left out. I personally rather use it on a DB or WR. Maybe OL if some monsters want in.

Yall sleeping on Marshall Few though!

Not this 1-He will turn out to be a lot better than Berrios IMO only problem there is.... Our talent by the time he could or would start to show out will be just SICK. Kid is a gamer tho I luv that sht !

l

I bet cash he is not slow. This kid is a red zone nightmare and i know ill probably get some hate for this but he reminds me a lot of Njoku. If he can put on about 15 more pounds before he enrolls why not redshirt and put him in that flex role. Ive only watched his 1 vs 1 but he looked pretty **** good to me.

He ain't slow. Bad time maybe but he definitely ain't slow.

And a 37" vertical at 6'3" 200lbs is sick.

Advertisement
l

He ain't slow. Bad time maybe but he definitely ain't slow.

And a 37" vertical at 6'3" 200lbs is sick.

If you watch his film you see the kid is fast, he leaves everyone chasing.

I'd like to see these kids man up and post their 40 times, but I'm sure a bad time could possibly cost them a scholarship somewhere.

College coaches aren't paying attention to any of these times from the Opening.

If they're not posting them, it's a pride thing.

I'd like to see these kids man up and post their 40 times, but I'm sure a bad time could possibly cost them a scholarship somewhere.

College coaches aren't paying attention to any of these times from the Opening.

If they're not posting them, it's a pride thing.

download.jpg

It seems pretty clear that Richt has a history as a competent talent evaluator. And it's not like Kool and Diaz have never seen the goods. I'm willing to roll with this staff, and not worry about somebody's shuttle time at some camp.

Advertisement
Back