Terry Mccray

Not 100% positive, but I don't think he had an offer at LSU. His offer sheet is littered with lower tier D1 schools. I guess that is where we are now?

Weren't we in a battle with LSU for him? Still time for him to develop.

I am almost certain he had an LSU offer and almost went there. It came down to the U and LSU. I am now in my 40s so I may forget some **** every now and then.

He did not have a committable offer. He wanted to go there bad but they chose someone else.

Advertisement
My guess is that Gordinier moved there to back up Kirby when Young went down but has only had a week and a 1/2 to learn the position and all the call outs, etc. I think you will eventually see him there.

Golden always keeps injuries quiet. Young is hurt though....

QUOTE=gfer1988;2268122]
Can anyone tells me why on God's green earth is Terry Mccray listed as a second string mlb for bethune cookman?

Haven't heard anything positive about this guy in camps and all the sudden he's an kirby injury away from starting...madness. this is madness

Juwon young is injured. Calm your ****.

when and where was it said he was going to be out for the regular season? i know he was dinged up for camp but no one implied it was this serious
[/QUOTE]

I read it in an update today...maybe it was Matt Porter? But yeah, its looking like maybe missing the 1st 2 games.

883209.jpg

0.jpg

cuz he BDK #cloutlord

Can anyone tells me why on God's green earth is Terry Mccray listed as a second string mlb for bethune cookman?

Haven't heard anything positive about this guy in camps and all the sudden he's an kirby injury away from starting...madness. this is madness

Juwon young is injured. Calm your ****.

when and where was it said he was going to be out for the regular season? i know he was dinged up for camp but no one implied it was this serious

He's not out for the season but he's missed enough practice to not make the early depth chart understandably.

Advertisement
You may be right. Winner's curse.

Not 100% positive, but I don't think he had an offer at LSU. His offer sheet is littered with lower tier D1 schools. I guess that is where we are now?

I am almost certain he had an LSU offer and almost went there. It came down to the U and LSU. I am now in my 40s so I may forget some **** every now and then.

I remember watching Golden's signing day interview and talking about the players we signed and he brought up McCray and he said something along the lines of "everyone wanted him, we battled down to the wire to get him. Alabama and LSU wanted him and we got him"

You may be right. Winner's curse.

I remember watching Golden's signing day interview and talking about the players we signed and he brought up McCray and he said something along the lines of "everyone wanted him, we battled down to the wire to get him. Alabama and LSU wanted him and we got him"
Nobody wanted him...it was all smoke and mirriors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h1uhvIlaxI

If you go to about 15:55 in this video he says "TJ McCray was LSU and Alabama"

Mentioned him several times in the video as guys they are excited about, guys everybody wanted, etc. The only reason I remember this is because I knew nothing about him and heard all this a few years ago watching the video and have been waiting on him to make an impact.. obviously only to be disappointed. Not that he wont ever be a good player here as he just RS as a freshman but it's just not looking good as far as hearing about his development and looking as his weightroom numbers and everything else. Long way to go though

Last edited:
Advertisement

Oh you didn't know?...if a player hasn't turned into an all American by their second year, its curtains for them according to the CIS experts.

A lot of guys on here act like they have direct access. We need more guys on here reporting for the site if that's the case. I thought all practices and scrimmages were closed to the public and media but I must have been wrong. Because we have a lot of opinions about how good or bad players are/have become around here.

Smh.

Oh you didn't know?...if a player hasn't turned into an all American by their second year, its curtains for them according to the CIS experts.

A lot of guys on here act like they have direct access. We need more guys on here reporting for the site if that's the case. I thought all practices and scrimmages were closed to the public and media but I must have been wrong. Because we have a lot of opinions about how good or bad players are/have become around here.

Smh.
Terry McCray ran a 5.05 time in the 40, marginally up from 5.07 last summer. He improved his squat from 335 to 365. His power clean went from 132 to 232 and his bench from 265 to 315. He also lost five pounds from a year ago, to 221.

Take off the shades JAssid you are a veteran mane....

Smh.
Terry McCray ran a 5.05 time in the 40, marginally up from 5.07 last summer. He improved his squat from 335 to 365. His power clean went from 132 to 232 and his bench from 265 to 315. He also lost five pounds from a year ago, to 221.

dang, those are pedetrian numbers for a LB. Kid is a couple years away from developing into a contributor...

Smh.

dang, those are pedetrian numbers for a LB. Kid is a couple years away from developing into a contributor...

a couple of years as in him trying to make an NFL scout team?

Advertisement

Smh.

a couple of years as in him trying to make an NFL scout team?

Nah - solid bench guy...special teams regular, occasional PT with the 2nd team, etc.

I remember when our back-ups used to be filled with studs who were simply waiting for their turn. (not guys with 5.05 forties)

Advertisement

Probably because you, like the rest of us, have only heard what's happening in camp, and the coaches have actually seen everything in camp.

I know this is a strange concept, but these coaches actually know a lot more about our team than any fan does.

Gayot should be next in line across the LB chart....I seen plenty of camp video clips where 13 was constantly around the ball.

Probably because you, like the rest of us, have only heard what's happening in camp, and the coaches have actually seen everything in camp.

I know this is a strange concept, but these coaches actually know a lot more about our team than any fan does.

like they knew chickillo couldn't play at that weight. or that playing in a prevent defense against run heavy teams like nebraska and georgia tech makes sense. i think people underestimate the lack of attention to detail this coaching staff has examined. or how they play favorites over talent (fentress over carter). Mccray's strength and conditioning numbers have barely improved and there has literally not been anything reported regarding his progress in practice. history tells me that's not a good sign.

Advertisement
Back