TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm not being a **** here, but museums and history of a place as a recruiting tool?

I didn't say it was a "recruiting tool". Where do you get that nonsense? I'm just pointing out how a school in a nice city can be a better experience than going to a boring southern college town. For ANYONE, not just athletes.

FYI, if (big if) Miami hires him, do you think that T2 chooses us?

So, after eliminating a half-dozen coaches for refusing to retain a bunch of Auburn coaches, they hire Harsin and get this?

Brilliant.

But, hey, Miami should really let the Board of Trustees and big money boosters get more involved in the football program.

I didn't say it was a "recruiting tool". Where do you get that nonsense? I'm just pointing out how a school in a nice city can be a better experience than going to a boring southern college town. For ANYONE, not just athletes.

You sure as heck implied it.

Any college town is the life compared to where most recruits came from. It's an exciting time even if you aren't an athlete. If you're bored on a college campus, you're not trying and wait until real life hits ya.

Advertisement
I'm putting together a ranking list of our recruits based on film and potential.

T2 was not a 5-star player on tape. I actually liked his teammate, #17, better at the position. I told Danny we needed to recruit #17 post haste and he assured me we are.

I watched some full games and at first was wondering what the hype was about, then he had a play where he saw it and WENT and that was almost breathtaking how fast his acceleration was.

Too many times I saw him loafing on tape. Complete jogger for much of the games I watched. He makes me nervous, but it was a new scheme for him this year and I wonder if there was an injury that impacted him, because if not, he has a lazy on-field demeanor that will hold him back.
Agree when he closes he closes.....when he strides for the tackle he gets there

You sure as heck implied it.

Any college town is the life compared to where most recruits came from. It's an exciting time even if you aren't an athlete. If you're bored on a college campus, you're not trying and wait until real life hits ya.

Now you're doubling down on your invented bullsh!te and defective reading comprehension. I didn't "imply" anything.

theibisrules said "The allure for something new is immense".

I responded with "Absolutely. But also, Maryland is a good school in an exciting metropolitan area where any college kid could benefit from the culture and the museums and the history."

You're the dipsh!te who turned "any college kid" into "using it as a recruiting tool".

Don't be mad at me because you have no reading skills.

I'm putting together a ranking list of our recruits based on film and potential.

T2 was not a 5-star player on tape. I actually liked his teammate, #17, better at the position. I told Danny we needed to recruit #17 post haste and he assured me we are.

I watched some full games and at first was wondering what the hype was about, then he had a play where he saw it and WENT and that was almost breathtaking how fast his acceleration was.

Too many times I saw him loafing on tape. Complete jogger for much of the games I watched. He makes me nervous, but it was a new scheme for him this year and I wonder if there was an injury that impacted him, because if not, he has a lazy on-field demeanor that will hold him back.
Just so you know #17 is wesley bissanthe he is 2022 and yes miami is on him

Advertisement
Not exactly sandwiches like that but there’s a relatively new spot in Thornton Park that has an awesome Cheesesteak and the best Italian Sandwich I’ve ever had. Called Cavo’s. Couple of Philly area Italians running the joint. Check it out.
Johnny (one of the owners) is a close friend of mine....Johnny is from NYC and not Italian....He used to own Anthonys up the street, but sold it to a friend....Cheesesteaks are Righteous....My home is 5 blks from Cavos....
20201104_181414.jpg

Advertisement
Speaking of which, @RVACane remember the New Year tradition of NY posting to the @D RevLee Twitter thread? 😂😂
There’s a link here in the CIS Classic Threads Thread

Johnny (one of the owners) is a close friend of mine....Johnny is from NYC and not Italian....He used to own Anthonys up the street, but sold it to a friend....Cheesesteaks are Righteous....My home is 5 blks from Cavos....View attachment 139651

Also, for Italian sandwiches, I've really enjoyed Stasio's.

Other places that I like include Bad As's, Laspada's, and Yellow Dog Eats.

Plus you can get good sandwiches at Hinckley Meats (inside East End Market) or Orlando Meats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back