TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Agreed on all points. It'll never be tallahassee from a culture perspective. Won't get into the differences in the program cause we're definitely currently in a far better place. But you're right. This'll never be those old cane teams. So let's just admit this program isn't built for that anymore and stop pretending we should have a handle on anything. We are built to be good... We are no longer built to be dominant. Is what it is.

Disagree, Miami can be dominate with he right coach even if he's hired by accident. Urban Meyer could come here and dominate

Advertisement
I want the kid but signing kids with baggage from Miami/South Florida is tough. Sometimes these kids just need to get away to succeed.
And often times when kids with baggage leave, they get in trouble too. At the end of the day, if you want to find trouble, or party, or whatever it is, you can find it whether you are in Miami, Gainesville, or Tuscaloosa.

Good insight, but I'm not sure it's right to make that assumption about our staff. That's not saying you are wrong, just that it's not fair to assume that imho.
That's my assumption based on the personalities I've seen from them.
I'm sure DD would agree.

Advertisement
Because it makes no sense.

If they were afraid of intense kids, they never would’ve offered Troutman and Johnson. There is more to it than that.
That wasn't the point. The point was them finding reasons for them not offering the most talented kids.

Well, recruiting is obviously, you know it, two sides: player and university.

It is kinda interesting that teams like Alabama, Ohio State, etc. arent chasing him that hard. I mean, you watch the tape, dude is an A++ prospect. You dont hear them being in a race for a five-star linebacker out of South Florida.

His recruitment is, I think RVA said it, odd.
Not just the Oos schools passing but also all the in state schools as well. Imagine Mullen passing this kid up... something happened which scared everyone off.

And yet were 7 and 1

People need to stop pretending it will ever be 1987 or 2001 again.

Miami aint in a bad place. FSU is.

I swear reading this board makes you think were 1 and 6

"Miami aint in a bad place. FSU is."

- @Hegemon

Advertisement
Not just the Oos schools passing but also all the in state schools as well. Imagine Mullen passing this kid up... something happened which scared everyone off.

The idea that Alabama and OSU aren't after him being a disqualifier is completely misguided. Alabama may do the math and realize they can get a guy that's 99% as good without the baggage and move on. We are looking at guys that are 75% as good. Alabama and OSU are able to do that because they are substituting with guys that are on the same level. We don't have that luxury.

Advertisement
Our defensive staff is full of betas let’s be real. But even the worst coaching staff wants talent, so let’s stop entertaining this idea that they’re purposely avoiding players with talent.

When schools like Clemson and Bama who are adamant about the importance of a recruit’s mindset aren’t hot on him, and schools who don’t care about that like TAMU and UT are all over him, it speaks volumes to me.

I hope his issues are inconsequential and in the past and that he commits to us, but his recruitment and the Chaminade tweet are pretty telling that our staff’s concerns are at least justified.

What I think is the point - there isn’t a single top 10 program (20? I like to think we might be a top 20 program, but I’m not certain) in the country that seems to want this particular 5* lb. That is telling.

Do I think we should make room for a kid with his type of raw ability? Yes, definitely. But I don’t make a seven figure salary choosing players for my football team - and plenty of guys that do aren’t knocking on T2s door.
What that's telling to is the power of the media and the perception behind domestic violence. Which one of you if you were running any of these programs would be willing to challenge the backlash that comes with having a perceived woman beater on scholarship? Think about how we went back and forth on willie because he was on probation for basic ****. When you want to be known as something that is clean cut you hesitate to bring in anything that changes nationally that view. Especially if you running a dirty program already.(TO BE CLEAR I SURE AS FVCK AINT SAYING WERE A DIRTY PROGRAM. I'm talking about why so many spots aren't seemingly kicking the tires which is also an incorrect assumption in several of those instances I know for fact.)

Last edited:
The idea that Alabama and OSU aren't after him being a disqualifier is completely misguided. Alabama may do the math and realize they can get a guy that's 99% as good without the baggage and move on. We are looking at guys that are 75% as good. Alabama and OSU are able to do that because they are substituting with guys that are on the same level. We don't have that luxury.
That’s exactly my point. It’s more than just those schools. It’s almost every school has came to the same conclusion as well. Schools that don’t have that luxury has decided Lewis is not worth it. It’s not just Manny Diaz who has reached that conclusion but most other coaches as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back