TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Definitely gotta be some serious baggage with him if the other big boys are passing.

With that said, D$, you're my man 100 grand, but that was a loaded question regarding wondering what the Chaminade coaches think. LOL

Advertisement
Kid or no kid if what @mjackson6 is saying about his issues are true you don't lead and coach domestic issues with his girl out of him. He needs to figure that out himself. And if he was a 17-18 year sax player we aint putting it on the band leader to fix his problems.
The behavior is a void in mentoring. Young men need guidance from strong older men.

I don't know Lewis personally so I won't comment on his situation. However, in general, I support the coaches being strict on character. It's one thing to be a team-first guy with an edge, like Michael Irvin. It's another thing to be a negative presence.

We loved guys like Eddie Johnson and Jeff Thomas as fans, but there's a reason those two aren't playing football for a living. And it's not talent. Clemson didn't build a culture by stamping posters on the wall. They recruited specific types of players and turned down guys who didn't fit.

I'd be curious to hear what the Chaminade coaches thought of Lewis. He was there for a second before landing at Central. Troutman has had outbursts on the football field, but he gets strong endorsements from people around the Edgewater program. What do Lewis's coaches think of him? I don't know the answer, but I hope our coaches have asked that question.
Appreciate your post, still standing on Roland smith seems to run a clean program (outside looking in)

So is this cat still doing the same chit at central or whatever schools he's at he did at the previous spots? Real simple short leesh....kids fu KS up toss off team next caller. Maybe reed can get though to him he'll left highsmith talk to his ***

And yet were 7 and 1

People need to stop pretending it will ever be 1987 or 2001 again.

Miami aint in a bad place. FSU is.

I swear reading this board makes you think were 1 and 6
Agreed on all points. It'll never be tallahassee from a culture perspective. Won't get into the differences in the program cause we're definitely currently in a far better place. But you're right. This'll never be those old cane teams. So let's just admit this program isn't built for that anymore and stop pretending we should have a handle on anything. We are built to be good... We are no longer built to be dominant. Is what it is.

Advertisement
Has what?
The ability to deal with rough kids?
It's not just up to the coaches, though. If you have good leadership at the upperclassmen level -- outspoken/alpha players -- then that should mitigate these issues. Freshman should enter a program scared of the juniors and seniors on the team. They should be looking over their shoulder everyday knowing there are consequences for poor behavior.

Diaz has talked about the importance of the locker room policing itself; the problem is, we haven't really seen that come to fruition with him at the helm. I think bringing in a player like King puts a bandaid on the wound, but you still need other players to rise up and fill that void. A fear factor should exist. If this team had that, signing T2 would be no problem.

I want the kid but signing kids with baggage from Miami/South Florida is tough. Sometimes these kids just need to get away to succeed.

Bama isn't after him.

We do....Like I said previously, perception matters. Most things being equal give me the 5 star kid just to show we can land them. If he washes out, oh well, it still helps the perception. From what I have read here, it's not like his issues are unique to our LB recruiting. Bama, Georgia, etc don't need to sell themselves as 5 star destinations. We need to strike while the iron is hot (already have 2 5 Stars) and this is our chance to dramatically change the recruiting narrative nationally.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm all for working with "troubled" kids. I did it for a living.
But...we have absolutely ZERO coaches on defense who can handle a "rough" personality. Like, not one.

I'll also add that none of us know the extent of T2's issues.

We had a player at Deerfield a few years ago that Manny wanted bad! Freak athlete. Our HC coach had to save Manny by telling him the baggage that comes with him. Manny passed, the kid ended up signing elsewhere (SEC). Lasted not even one season in college. He was cursing at coaches. Not showing up to workouts. Coaches knocking on his door in the morning trying to get him to come out, he wouldn't answer the door. Just defiant as ****.
He was an alpha dog on the field though! But all that **** is null and void IF THE KID CAN'T EVEN DO THE RIGHT THINGS TO GET ON THE FIELD.

Is T2 an "edgy" guy that's still respectful to adults? That can worked with.
Or is he the type of kid that will try adults/coaches? Even that can be worked with, but not with our coaches. We don't have one single coach on defense that will go in a kid's ****.

The fact that several coaching staffs chose not to deal with him + him almost getting his a$$ whooped by the police doesn't look good on the surface.

I'm not saying you DON'T take a chance on a kid like this, but personally I would need to know more details.
Regardless though, I don't think our staff is built for it.

Good insight, but I'm not sure it's right to make that assumption about our staff. That's not saying you are wrong, just that it's not fair to assume that imho.

I don't know Lewis personally so I won't comment on his situation. However, in general, I support the coaches being strict on character. It's one thing to be a team-first guy with an edge, like Michael Irvin. It's another thing to be a negative presence.

We loved guys like Eddie Johnson and Jeff Thomas as fans, but there's a reason those two aren't playing football for a living. And it's not talent. Clemson didn't build a culture by stamping posters on the wall. They recruited specific types of players and turned down guys who didn't fit.

I'd be curious to hear what the Chaminade coaches thought of Lewis. He was there for a second before landing at Central. Troutman has had outbursts on the football field, but he gets strong endorsements from people around the Edgewater program. What do Lewis's coaches think of him? I don't know the answer, but I hope our coaches have asked that question.
Ehh. Jeff's not playing football because he has no passion for anything. Not because of his own personal character or even issues with it. He's simply built like that. Kid is an introvert that would be more than happy to say into a microphone in a mumbled tone welcome to checkers. Would you like a big buford for the rest of his natural life. Eddie's issue was him and his boys beat up a group of **** talking frat boys. One of which simply happened to have a father with quite a bit of reach. Rather than the father accepting his son is a. Lil self entitled douche and he got what he had coming he went and made it an issue with shalalalalalalalalalala and the board. From there he got kicked out and as I've said this is a small circle this football community. I'm sure he could've found a spot somewhere but kids have egos too. That staff is high on character kids is absurd too. Were high on kids who don't provide much of a challenge to them. A to b kids. Exceptional kids sometimes require exceptional coaches. Or atleast a coach who can sit this kid down and say tighten the fvck up. This is real life and in real life sometimes we all simply need to be checked.

Agreed on all points. It'll never be tallahassee from a culture perspective. Won't get into the differences in the program cause we're definitely currently in a far better place. But you're right. This'll never be those old cane teams. So let's just admit this program isn't built for that anymore and stop pretending we should have a handle on anything. We are built to be good... We are no longer built to be dominant. Is what it is.
I disagree here to an extent. Im just not sold on the black and white nature of the conversations more than anything.

Leaving FIU if I said anyone we would be 7 and 1 today Id be ***** slapped. Like straight up ESPN 2 competition ***** slapped.

You are what your record is BUT....I think we can upgrade the staff on the defensive side. The difference between offense and defense in terms of experience is night and day. Curious to see if any changes are made. Manny did not hesitate to get rid of known issues right?

In terms of T. Lewis time will tell. If we get a kid one side will tell the other they are idiots and visa versa. That stuff is so exhuasting for me.

I think a HUGE unknown is the marketability of the Miami environment to players likeness/local businesses putting some coin in pocket. Our inability to "compete" with SEC schools et al if played right should drastically narrow in margin.

JMHO...done rambling lol

Those other schools are passing now.....let's see when it comes close to signing day and teams like bama etc start calling T2. And again teams like that don't have to beg they got hella depth....we have to take chances imo cause our linebacker room looks like ****. And we aren't Clemson where we scheme walmart linebackers to look like first rounders...we don't have the talent at DL to do that yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back