Terrence Lewis decommits

Advertisement
Yes. Garden City CC. Then if he graduates in December he can bounce back to FBS.
Jim Carrey Chance GIF

My big brother went to Long Beach City College, then finished at Texas A&M-Kingsville & played in the CFL. He actually had offers from the entire Mountain West, Arizona, Oregon State and Kansas State. Oregon State, Nevada and San Diego State were recruiting him very hard. He unknowingly took a remedial math class at Miami Dade the fall of 2003 after he graduated high school & didn't know that it started his eligibility clock, so the D1 schools weren't trying to recruit a kid with 2 years to play 1. He loves Cali, he met his wife, had his babies out there but recently moved back home to Florida.

When I was a senior in high school, I had an opportunity to go out to Cerritos College (Rhamondre Stevenson, DJ Reed, Elijhaa Penny) in Cali. Three of my dogs from the hood were already out there. My GPA wasn't bad and I had good test scores, I just didn't have any D1 interest. I decided against it when my boys told me that dudes were throwing hands & pulling out Glocks over equipment & that the apartments they had kids living in were constantly getting raided by the LASD and had hookers outside all night. I passed & went D2.

At this point, I forgot what I even typed this for lol. JUCO is what you make of it BUT YOU HAVE TO BE REALLY FOCUSED. If I had to go JUCO, I'd go to a school in Texas or Mississippi. The Cali and Kansas schools are janky af.

Advertisement
My big brother went to Long Beach City College, then finished at Texas A&M-Kingsville & played in the CFL. He actually had offers from the entire Mountain West, Arizona, Oregon State and Kansas State. Oregon State, Nevada and San Diego State were recruiting him very hard. He unknowingly took a remedial math class at Miami Dade the fall of 2003 after he graduated high school & didn't know that it started his eligibility clock, so the D1 schools weren't trying to recruit a kid with 2 years to play 1. He loves Cali, he met his wife, had his babies out there but recently moved back home to Florida.

When I was a senior in high school, I had an opportunity to go out to Cerritos College (Rhamondre Stevenson, DJ Reed, Elijhaa Penny) in Cali. Three of my dogs from the hood were already out there. My GPA wasn't bad and I had good test scores, I just didn't have any D1 interest. I decided against it when my boys told me that dudes were throwing hands & pulling out Glocks over equipment & that the apartments they had kids living in were constantly getting raided by the LASD and had hookers outside all night. I passed & went D2.

At this point, I forgot what I even typed this for lol. JUCO is what you make of it BUT YOU HAVE TO BE REALLY FOCUSED. If I had to go JUCO, I'd go to a school in Texas or Mississippi. The Cali and Kansas schools are janky af.

Crazy story. The kids who go the JuCo route have so much tougher of a road to hoe. That's true grit if you go through to land at 4 year college, much less P5.

Advertisement
Sad… hope he stays motivated and loses himself in the process of getting better on and off the field.

I can see him landing at one of these schools who jumping to the power 5 status and are trying to acquire as much talent as they can..

Hope he makes the best of this opportunity. I don’t know his background, family stability or upbringing but the kid has talent and that talent may be his only way to a better life. If all fails, this strong won’t have a good ending. Hoping he gets it together.

Advertisement
nothing but hand me downs. Kid will finish at a directional state school if he's lucky.
Eventually, he just won't be able to continue school due to: 1) academic ineligibility; 2) exhausted eligibility timeframe; 3) leaves program of his own volition; 4) is kicked out of the program; or 5) some combination of 1-4.

This dude is going nowhere in life.

All kidding aside when was the last time he played in an actual game, HS in 2020?

Advertisement
Imagine someone praying for a chance to play for Garden City...

Good for T2. God is good.

Why **** on the young man?

What's his other options? It was likely that or some step down at who knows where. Maybe it's the streets or a service counter near you.

I'm not feeling all sentimental for the guy, he's right where he is because of his actions. Who knows, maybe a the light turned on and he's seen it. I don't know, but Garden City has had some success at sending players to the next level.

It isn't the first choice for anyone, but compared to the alternatives, it's something one should be grateful for. It's another chance at an education and maybe more.

Why **** on the young man?

What's his other options? It was likely that or some step down at who knows where. Maybe it's the streets or a service counter near you.

I'm not feeling all sentimental for the guy, he's right where he is because of his actions. Who knows, maybe a the light turned on and he's seen it. I don't know, but Garden City has had some success at sending players to the next level.

It isn't the first choice for anyone, but compared to the alternatives, it's something one should be grateful for. It's another chance at an education and maybe more.

You're so desperate for another bite at me that you're going to gin this up into a confrontation?

Pass. The subject matter isn't worth it. You're not worth it.

"**** on the young man"? Please.

Good for T2. God is good.

GTFOOH.

Advertisement
Back