Terrence Lewis decommits

dawg, this is the Terrance Lewis thread lmao Ragone isn't hyperbole! Flagg isn't good, neither is BJJ.
It is hyperbole because no one was okay or hype about seeing Ragone on the field or BJJ. Not one person was like yes put them on the field. Thats why it’s hyperbole

Advertisement
@Cribby is one sign. An unbelievably and incredibly accurate sign. But you said "no signs", referring to multiple possible signs. And there have been signs. If you want to disregard, you are entitled to do so, and I can respect that.

When Mario hires his staff, there will be plenty of guys who were ALSO considered. And when Mario finalizes his Portal offers, there will be plenty of tires that were kicked.
Signs he wants to come here have fooled us all before. I don't know Mario's track record with kids that come with an asterisk but I hope he ain't scared.

@Cribby is one sign. An unbelievably and incredibly accurate sign. But you said "no signs", referring to multiple possible signs. And there have been signs. If you want to disregard, you are entitled to do so, and I can respect that.

When Mario hires his staff, there will be plenty of guys who were ALSO considered. And when Mario finalizes his Portal offers, there will be plenty of tires that were kicked.

I’ve never heard of T2 being in play , at least as of this week. I’ve heard one name as an option but not him. I wouldn’t be surprised to see an olb and mlb in this portal class. Minimum of one lb. Things can always change in the Lewis front but nothing so far.

Last edited:
I’ve never heard of T2 being in plan , at least as of this week. I’ve heard one name as an option but not him. I wouldn’t be surprised to see an olb and mlb in this portal class. Minimum of one lb. Things can always change in the Lewis front but nothing so far.

Exactly. And I knew you had said this, I even commented in that thread.

I heard from someone else that T2 had expressed interest to UM and that the decision to take/not-take was up to Mario, but it is not as certain as the other LB. As always, things may be subjective, a recruit may express things as "more certain" to happen than a coach might.

It's just one of those "good problems to have" when everyone wants to jump aboard the Mario Train. And it's nice when a recruit or transfer wants to pick Miami, that is half the battle.

EDIT: plus, things change quickly...I bumped some of my comments on Charleston Rambo when certain posters felt that we should have taken a WR who was a "hot target" for UM a few minutes before we took Rambo...I have no idea whether we will, or will not, take T2, or where he stands in the priority list, but he is a known Portal name at the moment, and some other names are purely speculative. ****'s gonna move fast over the next 3 weeks...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
One is far less risky if you can get either one. It’s not close. In a cut throat business like cfb most programs avoided Lewis like the plague.

Yep. And the only reason I'm saying anything vaguely positive about T2 is because of how he has been at Maryland. Of course, Willie Williams did pretty well at Miami and not so well everywhere else. Risky kids are always risky.

I’ve never heard of T2 being in play , at least as of this week. I’ve heard one name as an option but not him. I wouldn’t be surprised to see an olb and mlb in this portal class. Minimum of one lb. Things can always change in the Lewis front but nothing so far.
Am I wrong in thinking that we may have a transfer at just about every position minus QB and TE?

RB - No 2022 commits + Cam declaring = we may be in a tight spot if we get hit by the injury bug again
OL - No surprise here
DL - We need a plug and play DE (ideally with massive upside) and maybe a DT
LB - Uhhh....yeah. I'll have 2 please.
CB - Banks me.
S - Depth piece may not hurt?

All in all, we may be targeting anywhere from 5-9 transfer players?

Am I wrong in thinking that we may have a transfer at just about every position minus QB and TE?

RB - No 2022 commits + Cam declaring = we may be in a tight spot if we get hit by the injury bug again
OL - No surprise here
DL - We need a plug and play DE (ideally with massive upside) and maybe a DT
LB - Uhhh....yeah. I'll have 2 please.
CB - Banks me.
S - Depth piece may not hurt?

All in all, we may be targeting anywhere from 5-9 transfer players?

Banks is very much in play , he’s been on campus . I’ll discuss the portal some on the Cane legacy show.

Advertisement
Yep. And the only reason I'm saying anything vaguely positive about T2 is because of how he has been at Maryland. Of course, Willie Williams did pretty well at Miami and not so well everywhere else. Risky kids are always risky.
Ehh.. Willie got into some stuff most people didn't hear about.

Banks is very much in play , he’s been on campus . I’ll discuss the portal some on the Cane legacy show.

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

More than another year of Flagg and Steed?

I'm actually not so down on Steed. I was encouraged by his effort a couple of times throughout the season and he looked a lot healthier and seemed to regain some explosiveness as the season went on, especially compared to how he looked in 2000 returning from injury. He still misses too many tackles and is inconsistent, and I don't want him in the starting lineup, but there were a few plays last year that he looked the part of a competent LB.

Flagg... no, I don't want to see him running down the field on STs or anywhere near the 2-deep. I'd much rather see him in line for a beer at halftime.

Advertisement
Ehh.. Willie got into some stuff most people didn't hear about.

Lots of kids do. I could tell you about plenty of things that the players back in the 80s/90s didn't get arrested for.

And who knows, maybe T2 was the same at Maryland. Though, with rehabbing his knee, I can't imagine he outran the police...

I'm actually not so down on Steed. I was encouraged by his effort a couple of times throughout the season and he looked a lot healthier and seemed to regain some explosiveness as the season went on, especially compared to how he looked in 2000 returning from injury. He still misses too many tackles and is inconsistent, and I don't want him in the starting lineup, but there were a few plays last year that he looked the part of a competent LB.

Flagg... no, I don't want to see him running down the field on STs or anywhere near the 2-deep. I'd much rather see him in line for a beer at halftime.

Longest rehab ever!

Lots of kids do. I could tell you about plenty of things that the players back in the 80s/90s didn't get arrested for.

And who knows, maybe T2 was the same at Maryland. Though, with rehabbing his knee, I can't imagine he outran the police...
Same. It's amazing guys like Warren Sapp were able to stay eligible. If there was social media back then... Hoooo boy

Advertisement
Back