Terrence Lewis decommits

I don’t understand why T2 is still such a hot topic here. TAC is as fast and athletic. Come without the injuries or off field concerns that some are worried about. If he was from S.FL he’d get more respect

Seriously? It's not about a comparison between T2 and TAC. It's about the general lack of LBs, and talented LBs, on the UM roster currently. And it's not as if we have 3 super-freshmen verbals lined up either, like we did a back in the days of Shaq and Co. We've got Bissainthe. And then a black hole of need.

Advertisement
Seriously? It's not about a comparison between T2 and TAC. It's about the general lack of LBs, and talented LBs, on the UM roster currently. And it's not as if we have 3 super-freshmen verbals lined up either, like we did a back in the days of Shaq and Co. We've got Bissainthe. And then a black hole of need.
I understand the lack of depth. The portal will have much better options than T2. My point isnt we don’t need LBs, its that I dont understand why ppl still pound the table for him

Advertisement
I can't tell you how many times this past season when i saw Flagg come out (who is suspect enough) for BJJ, and think "oh no". It's not about comparing T2 v TAC or Huff, it's about loading up on LBs who can play, cause lord knows we need a lot of them.
We don’t need LBS just to be taking them. There a better options and T2 bring nothing that isn’t on the roster. Hes An unknown.

I can't tell you how many times this past season when i saw Flagg come out (who is suspect enough) for BJJ, and think "oh no". It's not about comparing T2 v TAC or Huff, it's about loading up on LBs who can play, cause lord knows we need a lot of them.
lol underrated post. For EVERYONE on here who has an issue with Flagg (right, wrong, or indifferent) can y'all honestly say you weren't a little upset/ "oh f@ck" feeling when he went out and you saw 44 trotting on?

And what did he do at maryland that at all signals he can do a thing here? i'm not asking what he did at central or wherever. Same as Huff......what has he done here? At some point maybe their talent doesn't transfer to college well.

Advertisement
We don’t need LBS just to be taking them. There a better options and T2 bring nothing that isn’t on the roster. Hes An unknown.
he brings MORE to the roster that we desparately need. if you think it's already on the roster (ehh), then why can't we stack that? to add depth. i swear man, like are y'all cool with trotting out Ragone?

I understand the lack of depth. The portal will have much better options than T2. My point isnt we don’t need LBs, its that I dont understand why ppl still pound the table for him

Because he is talented and he is from SoFla. And he's only six months past his normal graduation date (he graduated a semester early).

I'm not saying it is a slam-dunk either way. I will support Mario if he takes T2, and I will understand if he doesn't. But to say there are "better options", I'm just not sure where you get that from. Some of the guys who have played (elsewhere) are still question marks, and they have training in one particular system. One POSSIBLE advantage of taking T2 is that he has 4 years to play and has not developed on-field tendencies from playing in someone else's system. He has rehabbed his injury and would be ready to roll. Again, that is not "automatically take him", it's just an indication of why he might be worth a shot.

I'm not locked in either way. I just think it is wrong for anyone to be so extreme in the "never gonna happen" or "absolute must take" camps. Maybe these hot takes make some guys feel better about their predictions.

I'm rooting for T2 to succeed. Would be nice to see it happen at UM, but if it doesn't, we roll with whoever we have. But I understand why some would love to see a(nother) local kid make good.

Last edited:
Advertisement
lol underrated post. For EVERYONE on here who has an issue with Flagg (right, wrong, or indifferent) can y'all honestly say you weren't a little upset/ "oh f@ck" feeling when he went out and you saw 44 trotting on?
No LB other Chase made me feel warm and fuzzy.

An unknown that we would have happily enrolled 11 months ago if he had picked us. You do understand that, right?

I also wanted UM to hire Mario three years ago, and now we did. Sometimes these things work out, sometimes they don't. But T2 has obvious talent.

by this logic, we shouldn't have taken Jaelan Phillips either cause he didn't do anything at UCLA lol
Exactly and he had a medical issue. I’m not even advocating taking T2. Most likely, we’ll be moving to a base 3/4. We don’t need that many off the ball backers. We just need to infuse the room with more talent.

Advertisement
he brings MORE to the roster that we desparately need. if you think it's already on the roster (ehh), then why can't we stack that? to add depth. i swear man, like are y'all cool with trotting out Ragone?
I’ll ignore the Ragone comment cuz it’s hyperbole.

Y’all act like this is the only LB available. Thats my thing.

@Cribby is one sign. An unbelievably and incredibly accurate sign. But you said "no signs", referring to multiple possible signs. And there have been signs. If you want to disregard, you are entitled to do so, and I can respect that.

When Mario hires his staff, there will be plenty of guys who were ALSO considered. And when Mario finalizes his Portal offers, there will be plenty of tires that were kicked.

Advertisement
Back