Terrence Lewis decommits

Advertisement
Agreed.

I'll be the first to admit that I wasn't happy about the way T2 handled his UM recruitment, even though Coach Duasso forewarned a lot of people that T2 was constantly changing his mind.

But a year away from home can frequently cause an 18 year old to grow the fvck up. It did for me.
I’m so petty though 😩. I have a list that I personally wouldn’t want if they hit the portal.

Number one on that list is Jobe.

Advertisement
Which one went on to be the first pick of NFL draft and which one was undrafted? Switzer won a Super bowl with Jimmy's team with Aikman as QB.
That wasn’t the point. The discussion was about college transfers and their success in college. Not about NFL success.

He can put on 20 lbs easily and be an effective H-back/backup TE. Way too early to be writing him off.
Again, not writing him off. Just saying if he produces at an "effective" level and is a back-up TE that is fine but you cannot have a roster full of "effective" kids, you need some game changers. I still stand by the fact that I think his off-field impact will be greater than on field impact which I am totally cool with. The point was you have limited spots, you can likely find a kid comparable to Brantley's on-field projection just about any where.
We have to be careful on the 7 "replacement ICs". You can only replace guys who enter the Portal on December 15, 2021 or later.

We are NOT getting replacement ICs for Pope and Wiggins.
Correct. When did our fall semester end? I thought i read it was the 15th or end of fall semester, whatever is earlier. I also assume if there are X amount of quality kids out there and IF Mario does not like certain guys on the team, I could see him pushing kids to transfer to open up that extra 7. I am somewhat skeptical we will need that many IC's as i do not think the quality will be there

Again, not writing him off. Just saying if he produces at an "effective" level and is a back-up TE that is fine but you cannot have a roster full of "effective" kids, you need some game changers. I still stand by the fact that I think his off-field impact will be greater than on field impact which I am totally cool with. The point was you have limited spots, you can likely find a kid comparable to Brantley's on-field projection just about any where.

Correct. When did our fall semester end? I thought i read it was the 15th or end of fall semester, whatever is earlier. I also assume if there are X amount of quality kids out there and IF Mario does not like certain guys on the team, I could see him pushing kids to transfer to open up that extra 7. I am somewhat skeptical we will need that many IC's as i do not think the quality will be there
I don't understand the complaint. A solid roster has 3 at just competent TEs. Also we don't have limited spots. We have two top guys coming back in Mallory and Arroyo. No idea what we have in Mammarelli because he's been injured, but he has potential. Brantley is more than talented enough to take a flyer on even if he doesn't have ideal size.

That wasn’t the point. The discussion was about college transfers and their success in college. Not about NFL success.
Again he was the number one pick. Must have impressed somebody with his college play. The other guy was not even drafted because of his play. More about the team of players than the individuals. Miami ended that type of run offense with elite players beating OU three years in a row.

Advertisement
Again he was the number one pick. Must have impressed somebody with his college play. The other guy was not even drafted because of his play. More about the team of players than the individuals. Miami ended that type of run offense with elite players beating OU three years in a row.
No one is disputing any of that. But again, that was not the subject of the discussion. Please stick to the subject.

Take, I'm in the minority but I like T2 over Wes if I had to choose, T2 closing speed was incredible. Dont know where hes at now with injuries though.
Well, look at this this way. Do we trust Mario to run the ship right wherein he could handle a potential problem kid to where they don't become a problem or problems are handled are do we still think it's gonna be like under Manny or Golden or Coker where there's no accountibilty? I think it's time to shift the thinking on a lot of things. I trust Mario's judgement to considering a kid with a checkered past and handing said kid if/when issues arise.

We have to be careful on the 7 "replacement ICs". You can only replace guys who enter the Portal on December 15, 2021 or later.

We are NOT getting replacement ICs for Pope and Wiggins.
What kind of BS *** rule is that? So if a player wants to spite us they can hit the portal earlier so we lose the IC?

Advertisement

Last final exams at UM are Thursday, December 16th. So 12/15 is the operative date.

What kind of BS *** rule is that? So if a player wants to spite us they can hit the portal earlier so we lose the IC?

I previously posted that I wished the operative date had been the date of enactment. I'm not sure it is "spite" as much as "doing what the kid thinks is best for him". If guys entered the Portal in September (before the rule was changed), I understand "not being able to replace them".

But, yeah, I'm sure Manny AND Mario have both been trying to get these kids to delay until 12/15 for the past couple of months.

I don't understand the complaint. A solid roster has 3 at just competent TEs. Also we don't have limited spots. We have two top guys coming back in Mallory and Arroyo. No idea what we have in Mammarelli because he's been injured, but he has potential. Brantley is more than talented enough to take a flyer on even if he doesn't have ideal size.
Bruh you missed the point of my post. It was not about Brantly FFS lol let alone a "complaint" it was in response to if we take T2. The poster I was responding to was talking ROI and not wanting to burn an IC.

The point was okay you are at 24 kids signed, you have 1 spot left, this assumes you have now signed all your top guys and you have 3 kids standing in front of you, i.e. you are not going to have a 5* stud with no red flags standing there with his hand out seeing if he has a spot, my example of this would be like an Evan Neal, if he is there of course you take him over all these, but back to my point...

Kid 1 is a mid to low 3*, good locker room guy, great connections for future commits, a die hard fan and will put in that work every day but physical limitations.

Kid 2 is a purely depth player. Good kid but likely has no business in D1 ball and would be taken just to fill out a roster spot and have a body that has a low ceiling and even lower floor.

Kid 3 is a talented kid but has off field issues, whether it is grades, behavior, injuries, whatever but his physical talents are not really questioned,

Who do you take?

Brantley is kid 1 to me. We have a few every year and we need them, he was just being used as an example. Don't like him? Fine sub in Trayone Gray, same thing, die hard fan, from opa locka, ranked low 3*, never was an issue, great in the locker room, recruited a lot for us, but his stats and on field impact were meh. Point is, you can find a mid 3* in So. Fla. that is a Canes fan, and has connects just about any where.

Kid #2 is the the Jeff James/Tyric Martin/James King's of the world.

Kid #3 is your T2, **** throw in Issaih Walker here with his ongoing battles with the mental side of things, Jaelen Phillips (injuries, no one knew he would play again, especially not at an elite level) or a JT4 type (grades)

Back to T2, if mario meets with him and signs off, I am for taking him over player 1 or 2 and taking the chance. Did it **** me off the way he handled his recruitment? Yes. Can I be THAT mad when I realize he was likely more clowning Diaz than the U itself? No because I see people do that here every single day.

Advertisement
I don’t understand why T2 is still such a hot topic here. TAC is as fast and athletic. Come without the injuries or off field concerns that some are worried about. If he was from S.FL he’d get more respect

I don’t understand why T2 is still such a hot topic here. TAC is as fast and athletic. Come without the injuries or off field concerns that some are worried about. If he was from S.FL he’d get more respect
left out part about no signs he is being considered by UM.

Advertisement
Back