Terrence Lewis decommits

Advertisement
Yeah this sounds like blind hope. This doesnt need to be bumped again until he officially jumps in the portal. Then maybe I can see this being a reality. And I dont see him jumping in the portal unless Mario gives him the thumbs up.

Yeah this sounds like blind hope. This doesnt need to be bumped again until he officially jumps in the portal. Then maybe I can see this being a reality. And I dont see him jumping in the portal unless Mario gives him the thumbs up.
He's been in the portal for about two weeks, more or less, now.

Brantley is not a jag. He’s in first year, stop crapping on current players before they’ve even played a significant amount of snaps
Not crapping on him at all. I hope he does great things. But he is an odd Tweener. He was 6'2 205 coming in. He is unlikely to be fast enough to be a WR, and trying to add 30-40lbs on a 6'2 frame to be a TE is also a difficult task. He was a low 3*, if he out performs his ranking great. You misinterpreted my post, I think he is an asset, you need some guys like that on the team, all I am saying is his off field impact may be greater (in a good way) than his on field impact.

Word is Mario is supposed to sit down with T2 soon and discuss if their is a spot available for him
If that's true I can't imagine he'd have a sit down if there wasn't. He just wouldn't bother. He's probably trying to see where the kid's head's at to determine if it's worth taking on the risk.

Advertisement
Not crapping on him at all. I hope he does great things. But he is an odd Tweener. He was 6'2 205 coming in. He is unlikely to be fast enough to be a WR, and trying to add 30-40lbs on a 6'2 frame to be a TE is also a difficult task. He was a low 3*, if he out performs his ranking great. You misinterpreted my post, I think he is an asset, you need some guys like that on the team, all I am saying is his off field impact may be greater (in a good way) than his on field impact.
He can put on 20 lbs easily and be an effective H-back/backup TE. Way too early to be writing him off.

Advertisement
Stevenson played at UGA and would have played a lot this year had he stayed. UGA people say it was best for both sides for him to move on though

Well we get 32 IC's this year (yes I know slightly less because we counted some kids forward). The question then becomes do you have 32 "quality" IC's Then if numbers are tight and you have a decision to make of either having (1) a kid like Brantley, die hard Cane, good connections, good locker room guy, but prob not much of an on field impact; (2) some random low ranked kid that likely never plays (Jeff James, Tre Johnson, Tyric Martin) or (3) talented kid that might not make an impact due to off field concerns (injury, behavior, grades, w/e the reason).

Which one are you taking?

You mention ROI but options 1 or 2 likely do not net much, 1 much more than 2, and to think that you are going to get 32 guys of equal or better talent than someone like a T2 is unlikely just based on history of recruiting classes in general.

We have to be careful on the 7 "replacement ICs". You can only replace guys who enter the Portal on December 15, 2021 or later.

We are NOT getting replacement ICs for Pope and Wiggins.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Some posters like to pull stuff out their *** regarding kids they don’t know and have no clue about.

Agreed.

I'll be the first to admit that I wasn't happy about the way T2 handled his UM recruitment, even though Coach Duasso forewarned a lot of people that T2 was constantly changing his mind.

But a year away from home can frequently cause an 18 year old to grow the fvck up. It did for me.

Also, Aikman actually broke his leg in 1985 against our Canes, and his backup, FR Jemelle Holieway, led the Sooners to the National Championship and took the starting job from him.

Oklahoma HC Barry Switzer then helped Aikman transfer to UCLA.

Which one went on to be the first pick of NFL draft and which one was undrafted? Switzer won a Super bowl with Jimmy's team with Aikman as QB.

Agreed.

I'll be the first to admit that I wasn't happy about the way T2 handled his UM recruitment, even though Coach Duasso forewarned a lot of people that T2 was constantly changing his mind.

But a year away from home can frequently cause an 18 year old to grow the fvck up. It did for me.
Especially, away from home.

Advertisement
Back