Terrell Clinkscales Juco DT who will visit UM

Advertisement
This guy is exactly what you want from a NT prospect. He's explosive, quick feet for a man his size, strong (got that grown man strenf!!!), uses his hands well, and he's got a lotta nasty! I like. By the time I saw the 4th play, I was sold. He would be a nice pickup. If he wants in, sign him up, Al.

Advertisement
BAMA offered this kid on is on the fence about making him a Top priority, but as far he is concerned BAMA is Top of his list but until they make him a priority he is playing it cool with them an just saying publicly that Bama is near the top of his list! Sooo yeah, when that $EC bag man warms up the press, you all know how that will go. If not for the bag man factor I would say UM has a very good shot at landing a City Kid from Chicago who doesn't sound thrilled with the college town/small town environment in Kansas.

I would not count the Don out on this one especially since this kid wants to decide on school soon, BAMA is taking the slow play route while waiting on some high school players (Matt Elam, Charles Mosley, Josh Frazier and Elisha Shaw) so I am thinking UM presents a better opportunity for immediate playing time. But I still think the UM pecking order for the remaining JUCO targets are Cory Johnson, Claude Pelon, Terrell Clinkscales, and Wynches (and here is the thing I think UM only takes 1 possibly 2 out the 4 depending how things shake out).

Go Canes!

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/10/alabama_still_in_search_of_def.html

Alabama still in search of defensive linemen, offers JUCO DT Terrell Clinkscales
Mike Herndon
October 18, 2013 at 10:19 AM,

It's no secret that defensive line is a priority for Alabama recruiters in filling out their 2014 class. The Tide has commitments from Johnny Dwight and O.J. Smith and is still after Matt Elam, Charles Mosley, Josh Frazier and Elisha Shaw.

Add Terrell Clinkscales to the list. The 6-foot-4, 315-pound defensive tackle from Dodge City (Kan.) Community College got an offer from the Crimson Tide this week, according to Rivals.com, and wants to line up a visit.

"I'm still kind of getting used to that one," Clinkscales told Rivals about the offer. "There's a lot of things going on with my recruitment. I would have to say Alabama is up near the top because of who they are and what they do. I'm going to keep Iowa State up there, too."

"They were saying that any visit would have to be in January," he added. "I'd like to do it sooner because I want to have where I'm going figured out by January."

Iowa State, Miami and Cincinnati have also offered within the last two weeks, and Clinkscales also has offers from Auburn, Texas Tech, Kansas State, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Utah, Arizona State and several other programs. Rated a three-star prospect by Rivals, he was at Iowa State for its game against Texas and has a visit to Kansas State set for Nov. 15.

Last edited:
Hes rated the #1 JUCO dt in this class per 247 and Bama and UM will be the last 2 visits so that may show that its a 2 school race for him with Iowa State, Texas Tech and K State being the other visits

BAMA offered this kid on is on the fence about making him a Top priority, but as far he is concerned BAMA is Top of his list but until they make him a priority he is playing it cool with them an just saying publicly that Bama is near the top of his list! Sooo yeah, when that $EC bag man warms up the press, you all know how that will go. If not for the bag man factor I would say UM has a very good shot at landing a City Kid from Chicago who doesn't sound thrilled with the college town/small town environment in Kansas.

I would not count the Don out on this one especially since this kid wants to decide on school soon, BAMA is taking the slow play route while waiting on some high school players (Matt Elam, Charles Mosley, Josh Frazier and Elisha Shaw) so I am thinking UM presents a better opportunity for immediate playing time. But I still think the UM pecking order for the remaining JUCO targets are Cory Johnson, Claude Pelon, Terrell Clinkscales, and Wynches (and here is the thing I think UM only takes 1 possibly 2 out the 4 depending how things shake out).

Go Canes!

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/10/alabama_still_in_search_of_def.html

Alabama still in search of defensive linemen, offers JUCO DT Terrell Clinkscales
Mike Herndon
October 18, 2013 at 10:19 AM,

It's no secret that defensive line is a priority for Alabama recruiters in filling out their 2014 class. The Tide has commitments from Johnny Dwight and O.J. Smith and is still after Matt Elam, Charles Mosley, Josh Frazier and Elisha Shaw.

Add Terrell Clinkscales to the list. The 6-foot-4, 315-pound defensive tackle from Dodge City (Kan.) Community College got an offer from the Crimson Tide this week, according to Rivals.com, and wants to line up a visit.

"I'm still kind of getting used to that one," Clinkscales told Rivals about the offer. "There's a lot of things going on with my recruitment. I would have to say Alabama is up near the top because of who they are and what they do. I'm going to keep Iowa State up there, too."

"They were saying that any visit would have to be in January," he added. "I'd like to do it sooner because I want to have where I'm going figured out by January."

Iowa State, Miami and Cincinnati have also offered within the last two weeks, and Clinkscales also has offers from Auburn, Texas Tech, Kansas State, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Utah, Arizona State and several other programs. Rated a three-star prospect by Rivals, he was at Iowa State for its game against Texas and has a visit to Kansas State set for Nov. 15.

Personally, from observing the 2015 class, it would be wise for UM to load up on Juco DTs and NTs and take in high caliber talent and worry about the numbers later. So it would be shocking but possible for UM to land three out the four guys you mentioned above, but settling with two would also provide excellent depth in case of injury or academic issues.

Advertisement
He would be a real dope pickup mane.

Top 10 DT Derrick Nnadi from the 757 also has Miami interest but he said the coaches aren't actively recruiting him which means he must not be as good as that top 10 DT ranking suggest.

Him and Whyche would be monster pickups so lets cross our fingers

Well one half of that DUO is in the class thus far, now lets see what Terrell Clinkscales does.

Canesports put up an article about Clinkscales visiting this morning, their a little late to the party on this one.

Go Canes

I love the play at the 45 sec mark. Dude just shoves that big boy to the ground. Make it happen Al.

Advertisement
This is probably why stucky is looking at auburn the compertion at the dt position is getting real...

This is probably why stucky is looking at auburn the compertion at the dt position is getting real...

With the recent news with Stuckey academically and the two upcoming visits to auburn and west virginia I'm starting to get worried. Hopefully he stays, but if not hopefully we turn up the heat on this guy.

Shame about Stuckey if the rumors are true. But when you look at the schools buddy is visiting you can read between the lines on that one. Smh. Lets hope we can hit on one out of the Clinkscales/Pelon/Johnson trio. Just getting Moten will not suffice IMO. We need a guy who can step in right away and I dont want to put that kind of pressure on Valentine yet.

Advertisement

With the recent news with Stuckey academically and the two upcoming visits to auburn and west virginia I'm starting to get worried. Hopefully he stays, but if not hopefully we turn up the heat on this guy.

Think the staff is preparing for Stuckey not being in the class and making moves now instead of on signing day

Thats the best part of locking your class up early. You can put so much focus on the one or two holes that pop up as things change, rather than try and do it all at once.

Advertisement
Back