Terrance Gibbs

Yeah he plays weak comp at Masters, so he's rarely challenged with having to make tough runs at the line of scrimmage, but what he has is natural speed, burst & wiggle.

He needs to get his pad level down, but that's common with taller backs who run track. I'd actually like to see him transfer to Winter Park or Dr. Phillips (if that's not too far for him), because it would be good to show that he could deal with the step up in comp which I think he would be even better with better talent around him especially at OL.

I like Anthony Hankerson a lot, normally because he's at STA I would assume we probably don't have much of a shot, but Hickson has strong pull & Hankerson isn't originally a STA kid anyway, he's from Palm Beach.

Also gotta believe Knighton's relationship with Patterson will help us a lot too.
I just like Maurice. He runs a lot like Frank, has a really first step/burst and he has a great frame. I think he’s one of the most underrated guys in SFL if you ask me.

Advertisement
I just like Maurice. He runs a lot like Frank, has a really first step/burst and he has a great frame. I think he’s one of the most underrated guys in SFL if you ask me.
Agreed, Mo gets busy, kid is home run hitter & has a strong compact build.

He reminds me of Mark Walton with more top end speed.

Jones is good just not super fast I would take him but I would go Patterson first. Also fyi jones is Gilbert firersons cousin

6'0 190lbs 4-star RB out of Oviedo FL, goes to Masters Academy.

Is a triple sport athlete that plays Basketball, Football & runs track.

Had a great Freshman year with 1,503yds & 21TD's at 11ypc, then followed that up with 1,092yds & 17TD's at 10.2ypc, plus 15rec 261yds receiving, he also plays Safety & had 24tcks & 4TFL's.

Explosive one cut & go style that runs hard, has good shiftiness weaving through traffic & reaches top end speed in full stride with quickness. Runs like he's shot out of cannon as soon as he gets the ball. Has very good contact balance, rarely goes down on first hit & has enough wiggle to make defenders miss in open field. Very good acceleration through the hole & has big play home run hitting ability. Can lower his should & run through defenders, love the way he never stops moving his feet & finishes with aggression. His track times are not reflective of his game speed, looks like a legit high 4.4- low 4.5 runner & has very good change of direction. The only knock is he runs too high, but that's pretty common for taller RB's.

Reminds me of another RB from the Central FL region, Bilal Powell.

Has visited Miami for Paradise since he was in the 8th grade including last year & was originally offered by Miami back in 2018, Banda & Hickson are both on him. He's been picking up some big time P5 offers recently from all the major schools like Bama, UGA, Auburn, Oh St, Texas, Tennessee, UF, FSU, Michigan, etc..

Plays for Apopka Next Level 7v7 squad.

I think the top targets for 22 at RB will be Gibbs, Jaizun Patterson, Anthony Hankerson & Maurice Jones.

El; any context of the drop of production from Freshman to Sophomore year? (i.e less carries, change in QB or offensive scheme, etc.)

Advertisement
Role change, they started using him more as a WR & started playing him on Defense at Safety.

His Freshman season he was just a RB, his Sophomore year they used him all over the field.

Thanks El; based upon ur opinion, what is his future position?

Looks legit. I’d take him at the RB position, kid looks the part for sure. Will have to check out the other RB’s, hopefully if/when Chaney and Knighton ball out that it keeps a long line of premier backs heading down to Coral Gables. I think once the kids see what RB will do in Lashlee’s systeam we really could pull a string of top backs together. Add in some quality wins and a few seasons with 10+ wins and things could really open up for the Canes.

Advertisement
Jones is good just not super fast I would take him but I would go Patterson first. Also fyi jones is Gilbert firersons cousin
I know. Btw backs don’t have to be super fast. Just get to the second level with elite burst and you’ll be a homer in hitter.

Advertisement
Back