Tennessee Titans select James Williams

that phone call brought tears to my eyes. what emotion from JW. i hope that with the constant coaching and leadership of professional football he will overcome his issues and let the greatness of his play come out, because it is there. wish the kid nothing but the best
No matter. He's a Cane. Our family!
He's got an opportunity, and I hope he absolutely kills it
I think he does. Always saw what he could be, when he was here - and they just need to tap into that.

And yes that call pulled at my heart

Go get em JDub

Advertisement
Not entirely true. Manny and MC tried twice and he totally refused.
Exactly - what were they going to do, tell him to kick rocks??? We’re not that caliber program yet. Only about 4 schools that has the caliber of talent in their programs to do something like that.

Couldn’t he have stayed in school made more money via NIL than 7th rounder and then improved stock?
Yeah, I’m sure he could have and should have

We have an all new coaching staff with a hot commodity DC in Dennard Wilson. A very experienced LB coach in Frank Bush so he should be getting good coaching. Not sure he’ll amount to anything more than a SPT player which is enough for me as a 7th round pick.
With league rookie minimum nearly $800k/year, sign me up!!!

Ever since high school he’s been touted to be the next great one but, no one was sure at what position -

Unfortunately it’s not as a safety-I hope he gets better wherever they use him and makes the team he’s worked his whole life for this chance.

Advertisement
Dude legit grew up with his dad in prison, was a 5 star and committed and stayed loyal to Miami and dudes who break a weight scale are on here putting the dude down on the day he was drafted.

**** is crazy.
This is why all that they “betrayed” their hometown **** when kids from here leave is bull**** to me.

And not only is his dad in prison, what he's allegedly in there for would really put in perspective why james getting drafted to the nfl no matter what round is a great success story.

James was so emotional. Happy he is getting a chance.

A lot of posters are really, really critical of our own players. Watch and remember something like this the next time you want to call a player "trash" or "garbage." We think of them as pure commodities but they are human and we should have a little more respect for each of them than is generally afforded to them on this site.

Since nobody's gonna say it, I will.
This is what happens when (A) you're coddled by youth football "coaches" your whole life, lied to, not lead in the right direction and (B) you don't listen to the guys who actually know better. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Anybody who knows ball has been telling you that you're a Linebacker for years. And now went from 5-star stud to being drafted in the 7th round at a position you've been running from your whole life. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Would have likely been a early round pick at that position if you had embraced it 4 years ago.

Hope this finally wakes him up and that it turns out well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He sounds like he’s been humbled by the draft process. I hope that he takes training more seriously (IMO he looked like he never touched a weight at the combine). Hope he turns into a special teams demon and develops into a seam eraser/blitzer.

Couldn’t he have stayed in school made more money via NIL than 7th rounder and then improved stock?
Yeah, I’m sure he could have and should have
The problem is he more than likely didn't have someone who could tell him where this was headed. The type of agents available to him aren't usually straight forward. Maybe the people around him were just like our fans and simply wanted to believe we were holding him back. Who knows.

UM: you can play Safety.
NFL: You are a linebacker!
UM : your coverage skills suck, you lack physicality and due to processing plays slowly you often take bad angles.

NFL : **** it, you're 6'5 with some insane measurables & well take you with a throw away pick regardless... He was the titans version of Mr irrelevant

All that said as long as he learns his lessons and takes the process serious. He may be able to get a shot. I hate to say I doubt it. So I'll simply say I hope Tennessee sees what he can become and decides that potential is worth a roster spot.

Advertisement
UM : your coverage skills suck, you lack physicality and due to processing plays slowly you often take bad angles.

NFL : **** it, you're 6'5 with some insane measurables & well take you with a throw away pick regardless... He was the titans version of Mr irrelevant

All that said as long as he learns his lessons and takes the process serious. He may be able to get a shot. I hate to say I doubt it. So I'll simply say I hope Tennessee sees what he can become and decides that potential is worth a roster spot.
As long as he knocks people out he’ll play in the NFL .
He brings exactly what NFL looks for , when the NFL drafts like in business what does this employee bring me that I don’t already have plain an simple.

JW brings impact that’s all he needs to do is bring it with no remorse.

He brings exactly what NFL looks for , when the NFL drafts like in business what does this employee bring me that I don’t already have plain an simple.

You think he brings a physicality that lacks in the NFL? I'm gonna clue you in on something. #1 James williams ain't living like that. #2 **** near everyone in the NFL has BRUTALITY built into their gcode. Ain't nothing rare in that. The NFL (far less than college mind you)tries to take that out of the game except in calculated moments. If they weren't, in the back ends of most defenses you'd literally have multiple people paralyzed if not dying most Sundays out of the season. The ONLY THING he brings that doesn't exist is dependent on him making a roster and what position he settles in at. That would be length. That only works in the backend of a defense. But I don't know if anyone will give him the time necessary to develop as the NFL is about immediate results. Maybe as a practice squad guy. Guess we'll see. As of now this supposed physicality you speak of without the discipline simply leads to 15 yard penalties and no team is gonna take that. So not sure what exactly you were thinking.

I really am confused what James williams you were seeing if you think he's just gonna start taking heads off in the league. He definitely didn't here. He missed **** near as many tackles as he made.

Huh?
That shoulder-thump **** ain't working in the NFL.
Williams ain't even a real hitter. He's an opportunistic hitter, which means he'll only lay you out when you don't see him coming.

Advertisement
You think he brings a physicality that lacks in the NFL? I'm gonna clue you in on something. #1 James williams ain't living like that. #2 **** near everyone in the NFL has BRUTALITY built into their gcode. Ain't nothing rare in that. The NFL (far less than college mind you)tries to take that out of the game except in calculated moments. If they weren't, in the back ends of most defenses you'd literally have multiple people paralyzed if not dying most Sundays out of the season. The ONLY THING he brings that doesn't exist is dependent on him making a roster and what position he settles in at. That would be length. That only works in the backend of a defense. But I don't know if anyone will give him the time necessary to develop as the NFL is about immediate results. Maybe as a practice squad guy. Guess we'll see. As of now this supposed physicality you speak of without the discipline simply leads to 15 yard penalties and no team is gonna take that. So not sure what exactly you were thinking.

I really am confused what James williams you were seeing if you think he's just gonna start taking heads off in the league. He definitely didn't here. He missed **** near as many tackles as he made.
Exactly.
He ain't LIKE THAT.

I really am confused what James williams you were seeing if you think he's just gonna start taking heads off in the league. He definitely didn't hear. He missed **** near as many tackles as he made.
Got me good , spot on

Advertisement
Back