UT - 369 yards

GT - 33 first downs
UT - 18 first downs

How did GT lose...

GT - 2 turnovers
UT - none.

He didn't give no ***** either, he just walked off like "eh **** it, we lost.."

Advertisement
Update: I really, really, really hate Tennessee.

Also, that qb, Marshall, is a good little player. He's definitely not going to make it easy on our D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Advertisement
As much as I find these coaches to be greasy slobs, I actually love the call to go for two points.
I didn't have a problem with going for 2, it's the actual play call he made for it.

There were a dozen other plays he could've gone with that Tenn couldn't stop all night that they probably easily would've scored the 2 points had they ran one of those plays in that situation.

He outsmarted himself.

Going for 2 is like saying "fūck it, we won't be able to hang with you for a series or 2, so we'll just go for 2 now because it's our best chance to win"

It's a loser and defeatist strategy

Advertisement
As much as I find these coaches to be greasy slobs, I actually love the call to go for two points.

Not when you're an option run team.

Their last 20 running plays were for 3 or more yards except for 1. And that's because it was a 1 yard TD run. They had them on their heels, but it was too risky considering how well they were running that offense.

The pitch was the play. Marshall misjudged that one. But regardless, GT had no business losing this game. UT's QB was throwing lobs, and GTs db's could not take advantage. Both teams didn't deserve this W. I hope both teams get smashed for the rest of the season.

I didn't have a problem with going for 2, it's the actual play call he made for it.

There were a dozen other plays he could've gone with that Tenn couldn't stop all night that they probably easily would've scored the 2 points had they ran one of those plays in that situation.

He outsmarted himself.

QB made a mistake by keeping it. He pitches and the guy walks into the endzone.

Advertisement
Back