Temple to build a football stadium

Advertisement
All Temple needs to do is tear down the burnt out row houses in West Philly, then build a new stadium.

North Philly*

I really don't understand how Temple is getting this done in the space they're in and we can't even get the powers that be to even talk about it.

Advertisement
Temple president says stadium is next logical step for Owls football |

Temple is in Philly, a much larger, more urban, more crowded city than Miami

So how come the canes can't do it?

I went to Temple, and lived in Philly most of my life. The State of Pennsylvania and the City of Philadelphia are interested in razing as much of the ghetto surrounding Temple, as possible. They are working in concert. For decades they've been pushing for the continued expansion/encroachment of the Temple campus into the surrounding ghetto, as a means of urban renewal. I'm not saying that's necessarily bad.

However, outside of 6 home games per year, it is unlikely to get any other use. The taxpayers will be thoroughly soaked for its upkeep.

Right now, Lincoln Financial Field (where the Eagles play) is a 20-minute subway ride from Temple, and in a good neighborhood.

All Temple needs to do is tear down the burnt out row houses in West Philly, then build a new stadium.

Temple is not in West Philly. It's in North Philly. There's plenty of clapped out areas in both.

Advertisement

I went to Temple, and lived in Philly most of my life. The State of Pennsylvania and the City of Philadelphia are interested in razing as much of the ghetto surrounding Temple, as possible. They are working in concert. For decades they've been pushing for the continued expansion/encroachment of the Temple campus into the surrounding ghetto, as a means of urban renewal. I'm not saying that's necessarily bad.

However, outside of 6 home games per year, it is unlikely to get any other use. The taxpayers will be thoroughly soaked for its upkeep.

Right now, Lincoln Financial Field (where the Eagles play) is a 20-minute subway ride from Temple, and in a good neighborhood.

So in other words, it's a money grab. And someone on the BOT (or close to them) owns a construction company and will benefit nicely.

Hurricanes dont need a stadium..

if you think we were selling out games at the OB. youd be gravely mistaken.

Advertisement

What are they gonna do when Matt Rhule rolls out to a bigger program, as the last two coaches have done.

Then, they'd find themselves stuck with a D'Onobrio coaching replacement that wins for the first year, then sucks a couple of years into his tenure and into perpetuity.

Fan apathy comes back and now they have a new stadium they can't fill...and they go broke.

If they're gonna do this stadium, they'd better raise Matt Rhule salary significantly, get him all locked in, and add a large buyout clause to his contract.

Advertisement
You can buy a house for $1 in delapidated Philly, not so much in Coral Gables.

Bunch of self inflated idiots in CG who seem to think their little city is some world renowned jewel. It seems that way to them because the rest of the county is a sht hole. UM is unfortunate to be located in the pompous waste of space.

Advertisement
Back