Temple - Diaz News Conference

Advertisement
Advertisement
Stfu... Nowhere near equivalent. Miami was preseason top 10 to 7-5 in a 3 month span. The only thing saving us from a 4 win season was (Manny's) defense. Now we are in jeopardy of losing great position coaches as well as even more commits/prospects because of this. Temple will NEVER understand the current state of Miami football simply because they will NEVER be as relevant. GTFOH.

Awwwwww you're sad :(

I wish him the best I'm sure he did the best thing for him and his family. But the timing sucks for us unless we can get somebody of quality immediately

It's not my decision to make but I really don't think that was the best move for him right now IMO he could have done better. But he knows better than anyone else

Of course I nor anyone else has no idea why he made his decision but I have no problem with anyone trying to better themselves.

He will be missed but anyone can be replaced. Let's see who is selected and how he does before having a meltdown

Manny can certainly be replaced with a quality hire but it's a shame he's leaving. Together with CMR, he had brought our defensive identity back and the results were unquestionably very strong.

Manny made a mistake going to Temple though. That is a tough gig and he will not consistently have success there. People in Philly don't care about college football and the program lacks support. It's hardly a great football school. He should have waited for a better gig.

Blake James and CMR should have done more to keep him. I would have made him HC in waiting. With his ties to Miami and the performance of the defense, he is a great fit for the U. Manny could have hired a great offensive mind in the future as OC and had tremendous success at Miami. The leaders of our football program are getting paid a lot of money. They need to step up and do better.

Advertisement
Manny made a mistake going to Temple though. That is a tough gig and he will not consistently have success there. People in Philly don't care about college football and the program lacks support. It's hardly a great football school. He should have waited for a better gig.

We have more wins than you do over the last 5 seasons. Sounds like it's not hard to have consistent success. As far as program support goes, you know **** well your own games are empty.

We have more wins than you do over the last 5 seasons. Sounds like it's not hard to have consistent success. As far as program support goes, you know **** well your own games are empty.
Lmao now we have temple in here talking tough.

C’mon now

Advertisement
CMR's contract is up through 2023. This blows. We should have had Manny as the HC in waiting. Canes gonna be woeful.

OH here we go......how in **** can someone compare a B level program to Miami? ......last year up to #2, and College Game Day participant.
It is like comparing a Yugo to a Corvette.
Adding insult to injury......Hard Rock atmosphere to what?.......oh please, ....

I wish him the best I'm sure he did the best thing for him and his family. But the timing sucks for us unless we can get somebody of quality immediately

It's not my decision to make but I really don't think that was the best move for him right now IMO he could have done better. But he knows better than anyone else

Of course I nor anyone else has no idea why he made his decision but I have no problem with anyone trying to better themselves.

He will be missed but anyone can be replaced. Let's see who is selected and how he does before having a meltdown

I disagree. This is Manny's first Top 10 defense and the time to go is right now while he has the leverage. The last 4 Temple head coaches have been offered Power 5 conference jobs as their next stop. He is a young guy so if he does a competent job he gets elevated in 3 years. He is ambitous. Hope he does really well at Temple because I'd like to have legitimate options as our next head coach.

Advertisement
Though the timing of this decision sucks for us, from Diaz's standpoint he has to get players signed at Temple. If he would have waited, it would have hurt him at his new gig.

Why in the world would Manny delay getting things in order at his new job just to help out Miami for "early signing day"? Get real people.

Is there anyone worth a tinkers dam that DOESN'T have a beef with the ****-poor Mark Richt?

No one likes a stubborn dumbass. (Except opposing coaches)

I think it’s telling a guy like John Lilly who worked with him at FSU & UGA didn’t follow him to Miami and is now with Pruitt.

Maybe Pruitt was right to emasculate him?

Maybe Mark is just too out of touch?

Manny can certainly be replaced with a quality hire but it's a shame he's leaving. Together with CMR, he had brought our defensive identity back and the results were unquestionably very strong.

Blake James and CMR should have done more to keep him. I would have made him HC in waiting. With his ties to Miami and the performance of the defense, he is a great fit for the U. Manny could have hired a great offensive mind in the future as OC and had tremendous success at Miami. The leaders of our football program are getting paid a lot of money. They need to step up and do better.
Manny isn’t looking for long term success at Temple. He’s looking to make a bowl game next year then get hired at a P5 school.

Advertisement
Back