Telly Lockette

Today was hectic so I just saw the amazing moves that Manny made. Everyone who said he couldn't grow a pair and fire "his" guys was absolutely correct. Manny has a case of smartest guy in the room (ironic since he went to FSU).

Anyway, doesn't it seem like a slap in the face to Telly Lockette that he's left holding his **** in his hand? I mean you keep Patke and Baker on staff and they're both horrible. Then you promote DVD (I don't mind that as much as most) instead of him. I heard he basically came as Manny told him he'd get an on field role if something opened up. I mean wtf, fire Patke and promote him, easiest decision ever.
Promoting Telly isn’t it either, why can’t we hire real experienced coaches. If DVD or Telly or Patke where that good other teams would have stole them

Advertisement
Today was hectic so I just saw the amazing moves that Manny made. Everyone who said he couldn't grow a pair and fire "his" guys was absolutely correct. Manny has a case of smartest guy in the room (ironic since he went to FSU).

Anyway, doesn't it seem like a slap in the face to Telly Lockette that he's left holding his **** in his hand? I mean you keep Patke and Baker on staff and they're both horrible. Then you promote DVD (I don't mind that as much as most) instead of him. I heard he basically came as Manny told him he'd get an on field role if something opened up. I mean wtf, fire Patke and promote him, easiest decision ever.
i dont see manny being able to bring anyone in with more knowledge and experience than him. who wants to be on staff with an intern head coach with a team that underachieves. A winning season was nice but i dont see any great victories there or championship trophy’s being put in the case.

He will be coaching RBs for Tim Cramsey, who was retained from previous staff. Cramsey runs that Chip Kelly/New Hampshire offense...good opportunity for Telly and I hope he gets chance to expand his role on that staff, which in turn can be good for us the next time we are looking for a positional coach.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back