Telling Stats

ball915

All-American
And the impact of that fleeting footprint is felt even in Miami-Dade and Broward counties: Many of the most coveted recruits in Miami’s own backyard have begun to treat coach Al Golden’s version of The U like an afterthought. Of the 140 Florida prospects awarded a four- or five-star grade from 247Sports’ composite ratings in the last three (2013-15) recruiting classes, only 15 signed on to play for the Hurricanes. Of the top 25 Florida prospects in the most recent class, 16 played for high schools in or south of Orlando; of those 16, all but one3 opted to take his talents northward, most of them to ACC rivals Florida State4 and Clemson.5 After letting local headliners Joey Bosa (Ohio State), Alex Collins (Arkansas), Matthew Thomas (FSU), Dalvin Cook (FSU), Sony Michel (Georgia), Ermon Lane (FSU), Travis Rudolph (FSU), and Travonte Valentine (LSU) leave the Miami-Dade/Broward area in 2013 and 2014, the Canes missed out on a pair of 2015 five-stars (McFadden and Alabama-bound Calvin Ridley, the top-rated wide receiver in the nation) who grew up within an hour’s drive of the UM campus. In the 2016 class — still a work in progress — Miami has yet to pick up a commitment from a prospect ranked in the state’s top 10. (GRANTLAND)

Advertisement
Bruce and byrd not considered top in state LMAO!!!!!!

A lot of good talent there and a lot of busts, those RBs missed is whats killed us

Bruce and byrd not considered top in state LMAO!!!!!!

A lot of good talent there and a lot of busts, those RBs missed is whats killed us

Even with the misses at running back we still have a talented stable with Edwards, year by, Walton and gray

Advertisement
This tells it all right here.

This is why we won't be "back" for a long time, no matter what. Kids these days are seeing what Miami has to offer, and they're saying "no thanks."

You can blame Golden, and you're right, but the problem is even deeper. The SCHOOL can't sell itself anymore.

This is why we won't be "back" for a long time, no matter what. Kids these days are seeing what Miami has to offer, and they're saying "no thanks."

You can blame Golden, and you're right, but the problem is even deeper. The SCHOOL can't sell itself anymore.

Wrong.

Miami still has more than enough talent to win 10+ games. Miami had higher rated recruiting classes than every team they played last year except for FSU and yet lost 7 games. Look at how many Miami players were drafted by NFL teams last year.

Coaching is the problem, not talent.

It's this generation nobody wants to stay home anymore

Advertisement

It's not a generational issue, it's an Al Golden issue. Even Randy Shannon managed to land a #1 ranked class here before he outright quit recruiting.

More elite local ballers would come to Miami if this program wasn't such a dumpster fire for a decade. Recruiting will instantly become exciting as **** to follow if we spend the necessary money to make a splash with our next head-coaching hire.

It's not a generational issue, it's an Al Golden issue. Even Randy Shannon managed to land a #1 ranked class here before he outright quit recruiting.

More elite local ballers would come to Miami if this program wasn't such a dumpster fire for a decade. Recruiting will instantly become exciting as **** to follow if we spend the necessary money to make a splash with our next head-coaching hire.

Lol yes that class was talented by not number one. Just false predictions.

Advertisement

Wrong.

Miami still has more than enough talent to win 10+ games. Miami had higher rated recruiting classes than every team they played last year except for FSU and yet lost 7 games. Look at how many Miami players were drafted by NFL teams last year.

Coaching is a problem, but our talent is not even close to what u think. Talent, we could win 7 - 8 games, coaching we will 5-7.

Wrong.

Coaching is a problem, but our talent is not even close to what u think. Talent, we could win 7 - 8 games, coaching we will 5-7.

Wrong. If you look at the recruiting rankings, Miami has more talent than every team on its schedule except for FSU. This information is easy to find.

If with some of Golden's recruiting misses, Miami has the talent to win 10+ games.

Talent is needed on the LOS. I don't give a crap if we have a highly ranked QB, RB, etc. I want talent on the LOS. That is what wins. Also, how many players on our team could start at FSU? Debatable at QB, probably TE, and maybe 1 O-Lineman and no chance at WR or QB. On defense, Bush, and possibly a DE until their freshman gets healthy. And maybe 1 LBer. Our punter would also probably beat out theirs. SO maybe 5 or 6 out of 24. Not good. Our talent level is on par with the Gators.

Advertisement
Talent is needed on the LOS. I don't give a crap if we have a highly ranked QB, RB, etc. I want talent on the LOS. That is what wins. Also, how many players on our team could start at FSU? Debatable at QB, probably TE, and maybe 1 O-Lineman and no chance at WR or QB. On defense, Bush, and possibly a DE until their freshman gets healthy. And maybe 1 LBer. Our punter would also probably beat out theirs. SO maybe 5 or 6 out of 24. Not good. Our talent level is on par with the Gators.

1. You are a FSU fan so of course you bring them up.

2. You are trying to change the argument because I shot down what you said. You said Miami has the talent to win only 7-8 games. Based on recruiting rankings, Miami has more talent than every team on the schedule except FSU. Therefore, on talent alone, Miami should only lose 1 game this year but of course that won't be the case due to awful coaching.

3. Because I destroyed your argument, you tried to change the parameters of the debate by bringing up the "LOS" and trying to compare Miami to FSU. First, lets look at the offensive and defensive lines. Miami has more than enough talent at those areas to win every game. For example, look at the talent, based upon 247 sports composite rankings, that Miami has along the defensive line:

Defensive Line

Chad Thomas - 5 star
Anthony Moten - 4 star
Trent Harris - 4 star
Al-Quadin Muhammed - 4 star
Jelani Hamilton - 4 star
Tyriq McCord - 4 star
Courtel Jenkins - 3 stars but he's played above rankings
Demetrius Jackson - 4 star

You mean to tell me that isn't talented enough? Of course it is but the defensive scheme is NOT tailored to these players strengths. In the interest of saving space, I won't list the offensive linemen but the talent is there.

4. Glad you are not a coach because not giving a crap about the skill positions is a horrible, horrible idea.

5. As for Miami vs FSU talent... Of course you will argue FSU because you are a FSU fan. Miami, however, is not that far behind FSU in terms of talent, I hate to break it to you. Just because Golden and staff are not putting these players in a position to succeed does not mean that those players are not very talented. You put Miami players on FSU or another team with a good coaching staff and they would shine, just like they do when they get to the NFL.

Last edited:

Chad Thomas would start over Demarcus walker

De- alquadin Muhammad over Chris casher lol
S Deon Bush over trey Marshall
CbArtie burns over the other cb
S Rayshawn Jenkins over Tyler hunter lol

Lb Jermaine grace over whatever linebacker you have( smith I'm guessing)
Lb Kirby over Northrup who isn't even healthy

Yall have it in dtackle but that is a push. Miami has talent at that spot.

Receiver- is a push both groups are talented
Qb- kaaya> than any qb on the roster
Rb- looks lack luster if cook is not in their to be honest... Patrick is a **** fb trying to play running back. Pender stay hurt and I don't believe the hype. Miami has a strong stable with Gus, yearby, Walton, gray

Miami's tightend group is far better than fsu tight end group.

Yall have more depth on the offensive lineman but both have talented players in the group

Chad Thomas would start over Demarcus walker

De- alquadin Muhammad over Chris casher lol
S Deon Bush over trey Marshall
CbArtie burns over the other cb
S Rayshawn Jenkins over Tyler hunter lol

Lb Jermaine grace over whatever linebacker you have( smith I'm guessing)
Lb Kirby over Northrup who isn't even healthy

Yall have it in dtackle but that is a push. Miami has talent at that spot.

Receiver- is a push both groups are talented
Qb- kaaya> than any qb on the roster
Rb- looks lack luster if cook is not in their to be honest... Patrick is a **** fb trying to play running back. Pender stay hurt and I don't believe the hype. Miami has a strong stable with Gus, yearby, Walton, gray

Miami's tightend group is far better than fsu tight end group.

Yall have more depth on the offensive lineman but both have talented players in the group

Not a Nole fan, u mentioned FSU in our initial statement about talent. I would take Jalen Ramsey, Derwin James, and Nate Andrews over all of our DB's, except for Bush, also FSU seems to only use 2 LBers. Which is why I said 1 LBer would start. We aren't beating out Terrance Smith I think Jermain could beat out Northrup right now, partly because as u mentioned northrup is not 100%. Walker and Thomas are pushes right now. We have none on par with Sweat's ability once he is 100%.

Advertisement
Back