NFL Draft Tell me you don't watch without telling me you don't watch

Advertisement
I'm going based of there potential when they test they will shootup the boards. There are guys like Mack at Buffalo University whatever tf it's called that shoot up with testing. Sometimes your on bad teams and can't carry the load. Guys that will test and do well will get noticed period. Stevenson and Mallory should have very good NFL combines. Well IMO

I don't believe in that guys that leave early or stay would have different outcomes. U will ball if u a baller anywhere u go. Unless u like a man corner and u only play zone but it's the NFL and all coaching is pretty good to decent in the NFL. Rarely u have dumb *** coaches. Duke Johnson will be Duke anywhere and if a Chubb is in front of him it's because he's better. That's just basically it for me....people say give him the ball and I say no give Chubb the ball. Mallory is a weapon he's big and can run in space he will eat in the NFL even if he has zero catches here imo.
I agree that if you are good, they will find you. Josh Allen and Jerry Rice are just 2 that come to mind.

But what makes you think Mallory will shine in the NFL? I’m not disagreeing, I just want to know your mindset.

IMO, Mallory hasn’t lived up to the recruiting hype. Dig up the old threads, and you will see almost everyone on this board saying it was the best TE class in the nation.

Brevin was… okay? Hurt often, but not a game changing threat ever. Mallory had plenty of snaps to make his mark and steal Brevin’s spot, but he never did.

I’m not trying to hate, I’m just trying to speak facts. These guys that y’all want to crown haven’t done a thing here.

You ask me..

There’s a greater chance that a guy like Brashard Smith takes the next step before Mallory does.

Yeah, different position. But arguably deeper. But my point is that talent will make itself shown and take over. B Smith seems like that dude right now. Mallory has been here forever and haven’t don’t a thing.

I’m always rooting for our guys, but I’m always gonna tell it how I see it.

I agree that if you are good, they will find you. Josh Allen and Jerry Rice are just 2 that come to mind.

But what makes you think Mallory will shine in the NFL? I’m not disagreeing, I just want to know your mindset.

IMO, Mallory hasn’t lived up to the recruiting hype. Dig up the old threads, and you will see almost everyone on this board saying it was the best TE class in the nation.

Brevin was… okay? Hurt often, but not a game changing threat ever. Mallory had plenty of snaps to make his mark and steal Brevin’s spot, but he never did.

I’m not trying to hate, I’m just trying to speak facts. These guys that y’all want to crown haven’t done a thing here.
Let's see he has the sauce imo but if he doesn't do it this year or combine time I guess we were wrong on this one. Your right though he has to prove it

mallory1.png

mallory2.png

I've never understood the Mallory hype on here. Out of HS he looked like he had the potential to be a straight-line seamstretcher who can split out of the formation. He's an atrocious blocker, doesn't really run diverse routes and doesn't win the ball in tight coverage. The NFL is a physical game and Mallory hasn't shown he can even handle ACC physicality.

Advertisement
He’s got 7 draft picks listed. That’s not bad compared to recent years and there are likely a couple of more.

I've never understood the Mallory hype on here. Out of HS he looked like he had the potential to be a straight-line seamstretcher who can split out of the formation. He's an atrocious blocker, doesn't really run diverse routes and doesn't win the ball in tight coverage. The NFL is a physical game and Mallory hasn't shown he can even handle ACC physicality.

Precisely...Mallory's game is pretty powderpuff to me, He's gonna have to show me something this year.

Advertisement
He projected Bradley Jennings to get drafted? States he can play all three downs?

What in the literal heck?
It's just the same media template: words words words, little to no actual game film evidence, and sometimes no idea what's actually happening on the field. To me, the wild thing is that dude will get money for his "effort." Weird.

View attachment 151906
View attachment 151907

When you mention running diverse routes, do you mean his route running is poor or are you referencing the routes he is being asked to run?

Advertisement
When you mention running diverse routes, do you mean his route running is poor or are you referencing the routes he is being asked to run?
Moreso the latter. A lot of his production came on rail routes or leak/flat routes where he was schemed open. You can't argue that his routerunning is poor when he never really runs routes. I don't think he can sink his hips to change directions or use his body to earn position in traffic. He's rarely asked to do those things and probably for good reason.

Moreso the latter. A lot of his production came on rail routes or leak/flat routes where he was schemed open. You can't argue that his routerunning is poor when he never really runs routes. I don't think he can sink his hips to change directions or use his body to earn position in traffic. He's rarely asked to do those things and probably for good reason.
It's possible but he has also been behind Brevin. Fair to say he gets a shot at doing more this year. I like Will, at this point they should use him at what he can do and not what he can't (block). Still has a big role in this offense.

He's looked stiffer than he did in HS, where he was lighter and looked like he had some change of direction. The part I've been more surprised by is he's gotten knocked off his routes more than I expected he would post-weight gain. We'll see what he does this year.

I don't think it's fair to conclude he's not been asked to run certain routes because he cannot run them. Mainly, because we've barely run diverse routes or route combinations. ****, he seems like a great candidate for crossing routes and, for varying reasons, we don't see him in that spot, either.

Advertisement
View attachment 151906
View attachment 151907

I've been one of the posters that said this from jump.

Butttttt...I watched countless bum being drafted b4 Brevin Jordan this year and realize that if Mallory just measures his 6'5 240+ we know he can run a bit he likely is gone by the 3rd round just based on that.

Sh--t Mike Giseiki cant block my 6 yr old daughter right now and he may end up a pro bowler lol

Agree with all your bolded stuff, but I need to see more from Zion before I call him anything more than a day 3 pick. Maybe he shows it this year. If not, he would be better served returning next year, adding strength and learning more technique.

I can see him making the jump to a 1st round pick after TWO more seasons. Even with a good season this year, I don’t see a first round tackle. Not strong enough.

Hope he proves me wrong. (Really, I hope he comes back next year, then proves me right)

Perhaps Im being selfish, but he strikes me as a good guy should stay through the 22 season. Honestly how he wasn't redshirted in 19 is beyond me (but it said something about the depth at that spot)

I've been one of the posters that said this from jump.

Butttttt...I watched countless bum being drafted b4 Brevin Jordan this year and realize that if Mallory just measures his 6'5 240+ we know he can run a bit he likely is gone by the 3rd round just based on that.

Sh--t Mike Giseiki cant block my 6 yr old daughter right now and he may end up a pro bowler lol

Go, we're still on that Chris Herndon bandwagon!!! (just dont let me drive, Im Asian....)

Advertisement
Back