NFL Draft Tell me you don't watch without telling me you don't watch

HighSeas

Sophomore

Miami Hurricanes Draft Prospects​

Like interstate and conference rival Florida State, there was a time when the Miami Hurricanes placed five and sometimes six players in the first round of the draft. While the school did have two players drafted in the top 32 picks last year, my board for 2022 is littered with Day 3 selections.

Bubba Bolden, S | Grade: 3.58 | Projected Round: 4th

Safety Bubba Bolden sits atop the Hurricane prospects, as he’s a tough, instinctive defender who violently stuffs the run while showing solid skill in coverage. Bolden doesn’t have mental lapses on the field and gets the most from his ability.

Speed is a concern and could push the senior out of Day 2 of the draft. Bolden lacks both closing and recovery speed, limiting his appeal and the number of schemes he can play in.

Bradley Jennings Jr., LB | Grade: 3.47 | Projected Round: 5th

Junior linebacker Bradley Jennings Jr. flashed a lot of skill last season, as he’s a sideline-to-sideline defender who can play on all three downs.

Will Mallory, TE | Grade: 3.43 | Projected Round: 5th

Will Mallory is a nice-sized, pass-catching tight end who can be called upon to block on running downs. Like Bolden, he’s a one-gear player who lacks the deep burst.

Charleston Rambo, WR | Grade: 3.41 | Projected Round: 5th

I’m higher than most on receiver Charleston Rambo — an Oklahoma transfer — as he looked like a legitimate top-100 pick in 2019.

Dee Wiggins, WR | Grade: 3.29 | Projected Round: 7th

Dee Wiggins offers terrific size and above-average speed at the same position, but he must elevate his game. I once called Wiggins the next great receiver from Miami and still believe he has that potential. Still, he has yet to meet expectations.

Zion Nelson, OT | Grade: 3.4 | Projected Round: 5th

Coming off the 2019 film
, offensive tackle Zion Nelson really excited me with his play. And while he still excites some scouts who’ve graded him as a second-round prospect, I was not impressed with his play last year.

Nelson is a large, quasi-athletic tackle who controls opponents at the point — when he wants to. In 2020, I saw a non-aggressive blocker who fumbled around the field and fell off blocks more than he buried opponents. Nelson has tremendous upside, and I hope the light goes on soon.

Tyrique Stevenson, DB | Grade: 3.53 | Projected Round: 4th

Defensive back Tyrique Stevenson made the curious decision to transfer from Georgia to Miami at the end of last season. In watching the Georgia film of 2020, you could not help but notice Stevenson making plays all over the field, against the run and pass.

The position he plays at the next level is a bit of a question mark. Stevenson is listed as a cornerback on the Hurricanes’ depth chart but graded as a safety on my board. Regardless, he’s an explosive defensive back with great upside and a prospect who will rise up draft boards as he improves his game.

Probably the worst series of scouting report blurbs I've ever seen.

Advertisement
Advertisement
raw

Advertisement
Advertisement
I guess that’s why there were so many nfl scouts at practice this last week. So they can come see all those potential udfa prospects. Seems like an awesome way for nfl franchises to use their resources.

Advertisement

Miami Hurricanes Draft Prospects​

Like interstate and conference rival Florida State, there was a time when the Miami Hurricanes placed five and sometimes six players in the first round of the draft. While the school did have two players drafted in the top 32 picks last year, my board for 2022 is littered with Day 3 selections.

Bubba Bolden, S | Grade: 3.58 | Projected Round: 4th

Safety Bubba Bolden sits atop the Hurricane prospects, as he’s a tough, instinctive defender who violently stuffs the run while showing solid skill in coverage. Bolden doesn’t have mental lapses on the field and gets the most from his ability.

Speed is a concern and could push the senior out of Day 2 of the draft. Bolden lacks both closing and recovery speed, limiting his appeal and the number of schemes he can play in.

Bradley Jennings Jr., LB | Grade: 3.47 | Projected Round: 5th

Junior linebacker Bradley Jennings Jr. flashed a lot of skill last season, as he’s a sideline-to-sideline defender who can play on all three downs.

Will Mallory, TE | Grade: 3.43 | Projected Round: 5th

Will Mallory is a nice-sized, pass-catching tight end who can be called upon to block on running downs. Like Bolden, he’s a one-gear player who lacks the deep burst.

Charleston Rambo, WR | Grade: 3.41 | Projected Round: 5th

I’m higher than most on receiver Charleston Rambo — an Oklahoma transfer — as he looked like a legitimate top-100 pick in 2019.

Dee Wiggins, WR | Grade: 3.29 | Projected Round: 7th

Dee Wiggins offers terrific size and above-average speed at the same position, but he must elevate his game. I once called Wiggins the next great receiver from Miami and still believe he has that potential. Still, he has yet to meet expectations.

Zion Nelson, OT | Grade: 3.4 | Projected Round: 5th

Coming off the 2019 film
, offensive tackle Zion Nelson really excited me with his play. And while he still excites some scouts who’ve graded him as a second-round prospect, I was not impressed with his play last year.

Nelson is a large, quasi-athletic tackle who controls opponents at the point — when he wants to. In 2020, I saw a non-aggressive blocker who fumbled around the field and fell off blocks more than he buried opponents. Nelson has tremendous upside, and I hope the light goes on soon.

Tyrique Stevenson, DB | Grade: 3.53 | Projected Round: 4th

Defensive back Tyrique Stevenson made the curious decision to transfer from Georgia to Miami at the end of last season. In watching the Georgia film of 2020, you could not help but notice Stevenson making plays all over the field, against the run and pass.

The position he plays at the next level is a bit of a question mark. Stevenson is listed as a cornerback on the Hurricanes’ depth chart but graded as a safety on my board. Regardless, he’s an explosive defensive back with great upside and a prospect who will rise up draft boards as he improves his game.

Probably the worst series of scouting report blurbs I've ever seen.
NecessaryBigheartedHydatidtapeworm-size_restricted.gif

Advertisement
Back