Tell me if this scenario sounds like UM

Entirely possible. What's also possible is that none of us have a f**king clue what's going on. As soon as the hire isn't quick enough, everybody assumes it's because BJ sucks and is ******** it up. Are you guys such a bunch of battered wives that you can't imagine anything going well?

This right here. Those "elite guys" all have jobs right now. Look how long Michigan waited to get Harbaugh.

Huh? You chose the wrong example. Harbaugh and Michigan were linked long time before the hire. He is an alum who always wanted to coach there and no doubt they were talking behind the scenes for long time. So yes, they can wait forever, they knew he was coming.

Advertisement
Truth is, we don't know jackshi* about what's going on right now. Admin has done a good job of keeping a tight lid on the whole thing. For all we know, we could be back-channeling with Chip Kelly right now.

Or talking to Cristobal. Who knows?

Yes but if history teaches us anything about how well our athletic department is run........we're screwed. We may even lose on Butch if they keep giving him the runaround and some other AD comes and give him a big offer. With all those coaching vacancies available, who knows how long Butch can wait on Miami, considering how much publicly he was asking for the job.

Who on earth is going to hire Butch? He has been out of coaching for how long now?

Exactly.

Entirely possible. What's also possible is that none of us have a f**king clue what's going on. As soon as the hire isn't quick enough, everybody assumes it's because BJ sucks and is ******** it up. Are you guys such a bunch of battered wives that you can't imagine anything going well?

This right here. Those "elite guys" all have jobs right now. Look how long Michigan waited to get Harbaugh.

Huh? You chose the wrong example. Harbaugh and Michigan were linked long time before the hire. He is an alum who always wanted to coach there and no doubt they were talking behind the scenes for long time. So yes, they can wait forever, they knew he was coming.

How do you know who Miami has had contact with? The point is you dont know whats going on at Miami.

Truth is, we don't know jackshi* about what's going on right now. Admin has done a good job of keeping a tight lid on the whole thing. For all we know, we could be back-channeling with Chip Kelly right now.

Yes but if history teaches us anything about how well our athletic department is run........we're screwed. We may even lose on Butch if they keep giving him the runaround and some other AD comes and give him a big offer. With all those coaching vacancies available, who knows how long Butch can wait on Miami, considering how much publicly he was asking for the job.

Who on earth is going to hire Butch? He has been out of coaching for how long now?

Really? with all those vacancies, no including Rutgers, UVA, UGA, etc. .....now one will be interested in Butch Davis? Haters will hate mane I don't know what to say.

Advertisement

Really? with all those vacancies, no including Rutgers, UVA, UGA, etc. .....now one will be interested in Butch Davis? Haters will hate mane I don't know what to say.

His name has not been mentioned with any other school. There is no way in **** that you have to worry about UGA reaching out to Butch Davis to be their new head coach.

How do you know who Miami has had contact with? The point is you dont know whats going on at Miami.

I don't. But I know from previous experience. Late to act and lack of leadership. Were have you been the last 10 years?

His name has not been mentioned with any other school. There is no way in **** that you have to worry about UGA reaching out to Butch Davis to be their new head coach.

So that's how you know if someone is considered or not by rumors on the internet and "sports journalists"? That how low you think of Butch Davis, that if he really wants to go back to coaching he won't find a job? LOL

Advertisement
And for the record I am ok with hiring Butch. I am not saying he wont be a good hire. Just not gonna pretend he is in demand right now.

And for the record I am ok with hiring Butch. I am not saying he wont be a good hire. Just not gonna pretend he is in demand right now.

You must have a very low opinion of Butch to believe he won't be considered for even UVA or the Rutgers job if he shows interest.

Advertisement

So that's how you know if someone is considered or not by rumors on the internet and "sports journalists"? That how low you think of Butch Davis, that if he really wants to go back to coaching he won't find a job? LOL

Yes. Actually it is. When's the last time you saw a coach get hired by a school that was never once mentioned in the search leading up to said hiring? It's not that I think that low of him. It's that only nostalgic Miami fans are lobbying to have him be a head coach again. He has had 5 years to be linked to any job and his name has only ever come up with this one.

You must have a very low opinion of Butch to believe he won't be considered for even UVA or the Rutgers job if he shows interest.

I'm not opposed to him, but if he's as great as many think, shouldn't those programs be calling him? As always, nobody really knows much, but you'd think you'd hear a rumor or two.

Advertisement

We've had three straight ****** hires. No wonder no one trusts BJ and these BOT clowns. People are fed up and therefore expecting the worst.

that's not how it works. if he's in demand, he'd be contacted. he's obviously expressed interest in returning to coaching (namely at miami), so if he were in such high demand, he'd be in consideration for other jobs.

Doubt it resembles this coaching search. I know it's hard with no information, but some things can't be rushed. Very interested on what Dan Mullen is doing tomorrow.

Advertisement
Back