Tell me if this scenario sounds like UM

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
Please note, this is not what I want, I want Mullen/Herman/Kelly

Miami dragged its feet after firing Golden 6 weeks ago (VT has already made a hire). They waited weeks to announce they were hiring a firm and a committee. We've heard rumors the interviews would start in the coming weeks (week?). Now UGA is open, UVA is open. That added to the 15 other openings, and Miami is not in a great position, despite having the 3rd best job behind USC and UGA. Blake starts to freak out when 1 or 2 of the BIG name or reach candidates say no, and he pulls the trigger on Butch. Now, don't get me wrong, I could get on board with a Butch hire under the right circumstances (showing that he's evolved, right OC, etc.), but something tells me, the way everything is shaping up, we're not getting a top tier candidate.

Advertisement
Truth is, we don't know jackshi* about what's going on right now. Admin has done a good job of keeping a tight lid on the whole thing. For all we know, we could be back-channeling with Chip Kelly right now.

Or talking to Cristobal. Who knows?

I think Smart will get the Georgia job.

That still leaves Mullen and Herman. Unless Herman decides, he will roll the dice on Texas and Strong one more season.

Entirely possible. What's also possible is that none of us have a f**king clue what's going on. As soon as the hire isn't quick enough, everybody assumes it's because BJ sucks and is ******** it up. Are you guys such a bunch of battered wives that you can't imagine anything going well?

Advertisement
Truth is, we don't know jackshi* about what's going on right now. Admin has done a good job of keeping a tight lid on the whole thing. For all we know, we could be back-channeling with Chip Kelly right now.

At the end of the day, this is very, very true. We're all driving ourselves a bit crazy when no one really knows what's going on behind closed doors.

I think you're freaking out too early Not Since. It's clear that a guy like Fuente wasn't going to be considered for the UM job. I also suspect that Tom Herman isn't going to be considered either although I think that will come back to hurt us. Korn Ferry has been on the job for about 2 weeks that we know of (although they may have been hired even sooner). From all of the talk, there's been lots of interest in this job. The regular season just finished yesterday although I recognize that championship weekend occurs next week. There's been a lot of silence from the Hecht recently and from guys like D$, Pete and LuCane. So, either there's been nothing going on (not likely) or the leaks have really been contained even to the guys like D, Pete and Lu who have true inside connections. I'm still holding out hope that there will be a homerun like Chip Kelly or somebody of his caliber. I'll be OK with Butch if they get a no from any of their other top candidates but Butch is absolutely not at the top of my list.

Unfortunately with little confidence in the administration's ability to handle the hiring, the silence is very unsettling. As people have noted, we very well could be in discussions with a big name like Kelly. We also could have hired a search firm to wind up with a choice between Chud and Mario

Advertisement
Entirely possible. What's also possible is that none of us have a f**king clue what's going on. As soon as the hire isn't quick enough, everybody assumes it's because BJ sucks and is ******** it up. Are you guys such a bunch of battered wives that you can't imagine anything going well?

I can answer that question for you.....Y E S.

No reason to panic over UVA, cmon now. Second it's UGA now but a week ago Les was set to retire and LSU was gonna be open and we didn't panic then. If anything and I would hate for this to happen but another established coach joined our list with Richt, if anything.

I can answer that question for you.....Y E S.

It's been a total **** show in Coral Gables since the Fiesta Bowl. Can anybody blame us for feeling the way we do? I choose to believe that things really are different this time until I'm proven otherwise if/when they hire somebody like Mario or Schiano.

Advertisement

Or, you could learn how to read

This right here. Those "elite guys" all have jobs right now. Look how long Michigan waited to get Harbaugh.

I think you're freaking out too early Not Since. It's clear that a guy like Fuente wasn't going to be considered for the UM job. I also suspect that Tom Herman isn't going to be considered either although I think that will come back to hurt us. Korn Ferry has been on the job for about 2 weeks that we know of (although they may have been hired even sooner). From all of the talk, there's been lots of interest in this job. The regular season just finished yesterday although I recognize that championship weekend occurs next week. There's been a lot of silence from the Hecht recently and from guys like D$, Pete and LuCane. So, either there's been nothing going on (not likely) or the leaks have really been contained even to the guys like D, Pete and Lu who have true inside connections. I'm still holding out hope that there will be a homerun like Chip Kelly or somebody of his caliber. I'll be OK with Butch if they get a no from any of their other top candidates but Butch is absolutely not at the top of my list.

Not really freaking out, just seen this show before. Hopefully they prove it's a different act.

Advertisement
What I can see is BJ ******** this up. Holding out for some pie in the sky candidate and then settling for someone they can hire right now to start recruiting and building the staff we need before they get scooped up by others. Not the year to ***** around!

Not really freaking out, just seen this show before. Hopefully they prove it's a different act.

Right there with you my man. I would have no problem going through the next month with no head coach being named if a guy like Chip Kelly is ultimately hired.

Yes but if history teaches us anything about how well our athletic department is run........we're screwed. We may even lose on Butch if they keep giving him the runaround and some other AD comes and give him a big offer. With all those coaching vacancies available, who knows how long Butch can wait on Miami, considering how much publicly he was asking for the job.

Yes but if history teaches us anything about how well our athletic department is run........we're screwed. We may even lose on Butch if they keep giving him the runaround and some other AD comes and give him a big offer. With all those coaching vacancies available, who knows how long Butch can wait on Miami, considering how much publicly he was asking for the job.

Who on earth is going to hire Butch? He has been out of coaching for how long now?

Advertisement
Back